Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Sl55 abc strange problem HELP !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl55 landcruiser 80 westfield zetec turbo mk indyblade
Sl55 abc strange problem HELP !!!!

Hoping somebody can help ! The problem is a bit strange 50 percent of the time when I start my car I get the red dash warning saying abc drive carefully and car drives very sloppy as suspension is inactive .
The other 50 percent car starts with no warnings and drives as normal but usually at some point I get the other warning not red saying abc visit workshop but car drives as normal can still raise and lower suspension but when I get this warning I know if I switch car off I'm then going to get the red warning that disables the suspension .
Does anybody know the normal working presure for the system I feel the pump is Gd and my problem is a sensor !!! But what one ???
Old 05-10-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by joh75n
Hoping somebody can help ! The problem is a bit strange 50 percent of the time when I start my car I get the red dash warning saying abc drive carefully and car drives very sloppy as suspension is inactive .
The other 50 percent car starts with no warnings and drives as normal but usually at some point I get the other warning not red saying abc visit workshop but car drives as normal can still raise and lower suspension but when I get this warning I know if I switch car off I'm then going to get the red warning that disables the suspension .
Does anybody know the normal working presure for the system I feel the pump is Gd and my problem is a sensor !!! But what one ???
Happened to mine, just did a ABC fluid change in the garage with new fluids. Cost me about $100.00 and is very easy to do. May or may not solve your problem, but check if your fluid is black, more than likely it's the fluid. It should be changed every 40k miles. You wan't it a nice green color, the abc system is very sensitive, and the valve block will get all junked up if the fluid is dirty. Many DIY's on the fluid change, takes 20 minutes.