Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Problem with repeated rear tire deflation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon
Problem with repeated rear tire deflation

Hi all! I've been having issues where my driver's side rear tire repeatedly deflates. It seems entirely random though. One week it dropped 2psi, but then this morning it was down from 32 to ~14psi. I've been having this issue since November, when there were different tires on the rear wheels. I thought new tires would eliminate this issue, but it seems like it has returned.

Any thoughts on this? Think I should get the actual wheel/rim looked at or replaced?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

EDIT: If this is relevant, I drive a 2001 W210 wagon. I've put ~10,000 miles on in the past year
Old 07-31-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by raquinator
Hi all! I've been having issues where my driver's side rear tire repeatedly deflates. It seems entirely random though. One week it dropped 2psi, but then this morning it was down from 32 to ~14psi. I've been having this issue since November, when there were different tires on the rear wheels. I thought new tires would eliminate this issue, but it seems like it has returned.

Any thoughts on this? Think I should get the actual wheel/rim looked at or replaced?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

EDIT: If this is relevant, I drive a 2001 W210 wagon. I've put ~10,000 miles on in the past year
May be the tire have a small leak. It drive me crazy when TPMS trick out the warning. The 1st tire shop take the rim of the car, can not find the leak. A few day later, the same TPMS warning come up again. The 2nd tire shop put more pressure (over 50 lbs) in the tire & found a small leak. they patch it. No more air leak warning after the patch (with a small leak, you may have to put in a lot more air to detect the leak (in my case). I hope that your is the cheap one (air leak form the tire), if it leak air from the rim, it will cost you a LOT more (rim leak air usually had to be replaced, no repair for the rim leak air). Good luck !
Old 07-31-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by SoCal208
May be the tire have a small leak. It drive me crazy when TPMS trick out the warning. The 1st tire shop take the rim of the car, can not find the leak. A few day later, the same TPMS warning come up again. The 2nd tire shop put more pressure (over 50 lbs) in the tire & found a small leak. they patch it. No more air leak warning after the patch (with a small leak, you may have to put in a lot more air to detect the leak (in my case). I hope that your is the cheap one (air leak form the tire), if it leak air from the rim, it will cost you a LOT more (rim leak air usually had to be replaced, no repair for the rim leak air). Good luck !
Thanks for the info! I'm hoping its the tire then, but I'm worried that it might be the rim. I'll have it checked out then.