Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

The DEFINITIVE guide for selecting & sizing TIRES for PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many
The DEFINITIVE guide for selecting & sizing TIRES for PERFORMANCE

Hey guys,

After years of testing and compiling data, I finally condensed everything I have learned down into one article on How to PROPERLY select and size TIRES for PERFORMANCE.

This article disproves a lot of common misconceptions (actually, almost every aspect of the tire from the UTQG and temperature to the labeled width of the tire) and challenges the typical thought process of how people look for new tires and gives a better alternative that will make sizing wheels and tires much easier in the future with less trial and error. The information here applies both for street cars as well as dedicated track cars.

"The most important part of your car is not the engine, suspension, or brakes. It’s the TIRES!!! This is because your car can only perform as well as the capability of its tires. I’m often asked which tire is best and what size to buy. In this article I discuss my methods for choosing and properly sizing the right tires. I’m not into the “hella-flush” or “stance” scenes so this article is focused towards those who care about the PERFORMANCE of their car, whether on the street or on the track."

How to PROPERLY select and size TIRES for PERFORMANCE > MotoIQ - Automotive Tech, Project Cars, Performance & Motorsports

Enjoy
Old 09-10-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
Well fancy seeing you here! Haha
Old 09-04-2018, 04:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz clk550
Suspension issue?

Hello fellow mb enthusiasts,
I've noticed a tire wear on each front's, after not even 80 miles of driving. It's on the outside 'edge', like there would be too much camber (I think). But I was wondering if it could be something else. To describe better the way it's worn out, think of it as if the tire would be at 120 degrees like this : 0 but in worse (instead of 90, standing up straight like this: 0) with 10% of the outer side tire only touching the road. It's not like this of course, it's just to describe the wear. The edge worn out is about half to 3/4 inch wide all around. The rest looks completely new as it should for new tires.
It doesn't handle that great when driving curbs, and shocks are definitely worn out and ready to be changed too.
Regarding the wear of the tire is it due to a poor alignment or is it something in the suspension?
Thank you in advance for your input and thoughts on the matter.

Last edited by alexandergreat; 09-04-2018 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 09-04-2018, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts
s320
low profile tires on a suv,look to negro