Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

C450 Winter wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
Exclamation C450 Winter wheels

Hi guys
I am new to this forum and have been loving it!
I will be receiving my c450 by mid january and very excited about it.
I am stressing however about the winter wheels/tires package. It looks like it is a bit tricky and different technicians will tell you different things. Difficult to get some confirmed data because the car is still very new.
Did anyone of you actually installed winter wheels on this car? If yes, please share the size and type of wheels.. I am assuming not a staggered setup, but please let us know your experience.
The last thing i want is ordering a set and then wont be able to drive it back because it doesnt fit..
thanks a lot!
Old 12-18-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450
I was wondering the same, actually. I just ordered my C450 and it should be arriving end of March/early April. Congrats on your purchase! I ordered it now purposely, to avoid driving it through this Canadian winter-- but as it will soon become my all-year round car, I was definitely wondering the same thing! I upgraded my tires/wheels to the 19" AMG's... But I most definitely wouldn't be using those AMG wheels during the winter. So I was thinking of getting a fairly inexpensive (in comparison to the AMG's lol) 18" wheels to put on winter tires. If you look at the size of the tires through the C450 specifications manual (which if you didn't have that in front of you, you can easily find it in a Google search) and you'll be able to find the exact tire data of the 18"'s and the 19"'s that are options with the C450 - and I know from doing a bit of research already, that Blizzak makes winter tires that match those tire specs. It'll most likely be an expensive tire, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't wanna sacrifice any safety in driving my new car through the winter with anything but the best!

Hope that helps a bit
Old 12-18-2015, 03:25 PM

2016 C450
Your question got me searching even further, and happened upon the website www.tirerack.com

I didn't see any results for winter tires that were 19"... but I found 3 possibilities for the C450 that are 18".

I'll attach the screengrabs of what I found.

Cheers.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:36 PM

C450
I got my C450 with the upgraded 19' wheels on December 1st 2015. very happy with the car until the first snow fall where I had to miss my work exit on the highway because the car wouldn't slow down I wasn't going fast but the exit is on a decline. So I called up the dealership for winter tires every time I reach someone in parts they say "uh oh i'll have to get back to you" a few days go by and I finally got a hold of the manager and he tells me "There are no run flat winter tires available for the 19" wheels" and quoted me $5500 to buy 18" rims with the winter tires. So basically I paid $850 to upgrade the wheels to the 19" and now they want me to downgrade to the 18" ones and pay another $5500. I suggested they take the 19" wheels refund me the $850 upgrade money and give me the 18" wheels and i'll pay for the winter tires sounds fair to me especially that no one told me "THERE ARE NO WINTER TIRES FOR THE 19" WHEELS" of course no response to that.
After emailing Mercedes-Benz USA they recommended this tire "Pirelli WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II RUN FLAT". I look up the tire and its only available for the rear two wheels but doesn't come in the appropriate size for the front two wheels. That was my reply back so the regional case manager calls me and tells me there are no winter tires recommended by Mercedes-Benz for the 19" wheels, and that I have DIFFERENT needs than ALL other Mercedes-Benz owners (sure because i'm the only Mercedes-Benz owner where snow falls) and that i'm free to go else where for a solution. How attentive and very helpful he was.
Sent another email to Mercedes Benz international a day ago and waiting for them to respond will update on that later.
all of that ruined any kind of joy I had with the car.

P.S for the person who was looking to buy cheap 18" wheels. the front break calipars are huge and not any 18" wheel will have enough clearance for it so be careful what you buy.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:26 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by hazememad
I got my C450 with the upgraded 19' wheels on December 1st 2015. very happy with the car until the first snow fall where I had to miss my work exit on the highway because the car wouldn't slow down I wasn't going fast but the exit is on a decline. So I called up the dealership for winter tires every time I reach someone in parts they say "uh oh i'll have to get back to you" a few days go by and I finally got a hold of the manager and he tells me "There are no run flat winter tires available for the 19" wheels" and quoted me $5500 to buy 18" rims with the winter tires. So basically I paid $850 to upgrade the wheels to the 19" and now they want me to downgrade to the 18" ones and pay another $5500. I suggested they take the 19" wheels refund me the $850 upgrade money and give me the 18" wheels and i'll pay for the winter tires sounds fair to me especially that no one told me "THERE ARE NO WINTER TIRES FOR THE 19" WHEELS" of course no response to that.
After emailing Mercedes-Benz USA they recommended this tire "Pirelli WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II RUN FLAT". I look up the tire and its only available for the rear two wheels but doesn't come in the appropriate size for the front two wheels. That was my reply back so the regional case manager calls me and tells me there are no winter tires recommended by Mercedes-Benz for the 19" wheels, and that I have DIFFERENT needs than ALL other Mercedes-Benz owners (sure because i'm the only Mercedes-Benz owner where snow falls) and that i'm free to go else where for a solution. How attentive and very helpful he was.
Sent another email to Mercedes Benz international a day ago and waiting for them to respond will update on that later.
all of that ruined any kind of joy I had with the car.

P.S for the person who was looking to buy cheap 18" wheels. the front break calipars are huge and not any 18" wheel will have enough clearance for it so be careful what you buy.
Hey Hazememad, that's f--ed up what Mercedes was telling you regarding any sort of winter tires fitting on the 19" upgraded wheels, and basically telling you that no one else is in the same position as you needing a proper winter setup. That's another reason why I ordered the C450 when I did, so I'd be avoiding it this winter, and hopefully by next winter, there will be more options for a proper winter setup.

I've never posted a link in this forum before, so I'm not sure if it'll show up or not, but just saw this post from kijiji: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ci...ationFlag=true

If you're not able to see the link, I searched for "c450 winter" in my area which is Toronto, Canada -- and there's a place offering a guaranteed proper setup for a winter package specifically for the C450. But all of them are offered on 18" wheels. Here's the info they've posted if you can't see the link:

We have special packages for the new 2016 Mercedes C450 in the following size:

( Prices listed no not include HST 13% )

225 45 R18 TIRES + 18" ALLOY RIMS
Hankook i*cept evo2 W320.........................$1500
Yokohama iceGuard IG52C.........................$1500
Bridgestone Blizzak WS80..........................$1600
Pirelli Sottozero .........................................$1680

+ $150 SHIPPED
+ $240 TPMS sensors

The quote includes the following:
- Four 18" ALLOY Rims
- Four Winter tires
- Touchless Install + Roadforce Balancing
- 4 Tire bags
- OTS recycling fee $4.25 per tire

If that information is accurate, those prices seem very good.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:04 PM

C450
Thank you for the link it did work I actually managed to find the proper size tire for the 19" wheels. here is the link to it http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Pirel...erie+II+-+R_F_

2 tires of the last two sizes on that list will give you the same staggered setup of the summer tires.

I still can't believe that the dealership and Mercedes USA weren't able to have the front two tires available (225/40R19) and basically telling me that the size doesn't exist.

Anyways the one big downfall with the car are the run flat tires in theory they are nice but they are not practical. You can't repair them and they make the ride of the car REALLY STIFF and having 19" wheels doesn't help the situation. I also think they are pretty noisy over 60mph. I'm only saying that because if you are not moving and have the sound system full blast you would barely hear anything if you are standing outside the car which means its pretty well insulated.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:02 PM

C450
Originally Posted by ashap
Hey Hazememad, that's f--ed up what Mercedes was telling you regarding any sort of winter tires fitting on the 19" upgraded wheels, and basically telling you that no one else is in the same position as you needing a proper winter setup. That's another reason why I ordered the C450 when I did, so I'd be avoiding it this winter, and hopefully by next winter, there will be more options for a proper winter setup.

I've never posted a link in this forum before, so I'm not sure if it'll show up or not, but just saw this post from kijiji: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ci...ationFlag=true

If you're not able to see the link, I searched for "c450 winter" in my area which is Toronto, Canada -- and there's a place offering a guaranteed proper setup for a winter package specifically for the C450. But all of them are offered on 18" wheels. Here's the info they've posted if you can't see the link:

We have special packages for the new 2016 Mercedes C450 in the following size:

( Prices listed no not include HST 13% )

225 45 R18 TIRES + 18" ALLOY RIMS
Hankook i*cept evo2 W320.........................$1500
Yokohama iceGuard IG52C.........................$1500
Bridgestone Blizzak WS80..........................$1600
Pirelli Sottozero .........................................$1680

+ $150 SHIPPED
+ $240 TPMS sensors

The quote includes the following:
- Four 18" ALLOY Rims
- Four Winter tires
- Touchless Install + Roadforce Balancing
- 4 Tire bags
- OTS recycling fee $4.25 per tire

If that information is accurate, those prices seem very good.

Thank you for the link it did work I actually managed to find the proper size tire for the 19" wheels. here is the link to it http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Pirel...erie+II+-+R_F_

2 tires of the last two sizes on that list will give you the same staggered setup of the summer tires.

I still can't believe that the dealership and Mercedes USA weren't able to have the front two tires available (225/40R19) and basically telling me that the size doesn't exist.

Anyways the one big downfall with the car are the run flat tires in theory they are nice but they are not practical. You can't repair them and they make the ride of the car REALLY STIFF and having 19" wheels doesn't help the situation. I also think they are pretty noisy over 60mph.
.................................................. ...........

Update.... I finally managed to have the dealership find the proper winter run flat tires for the 19" wheels. had them put on and its almost like driving a totally different car relatively smooth and A LOT more quite. hopefully by next winter the tires will be readily available and maybe other brands will have them.