Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Continental vs Michelin tires on C300 '09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continental vs Michelin tires on C300 '09

Hi Guys,

I have 2009 C300 sport. Need new tires and was wondering if you suggest anything other than Continental or Michelin tires?

I have had Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on my car for past 2 years and it was great. No noise at all, but Tire-rack suggested Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06. They are bit cheaper, but better rated too.

Please let me know any other suggestions you might have

I just wanted to get something without any noise, because I had this issue before. I had some other tire that had a terrible noise and I had to switch it.

thanks
Old 01-12-2016, 01:59 PM

I recently put AS3 on my BRZ and DWS06 on my C350. In both cases, I have only put a few hundred miles since changing the tires.

Thus far, I find that the AS3 is a sportier tire, the DWS06 is more comfort-oriented. This said, both are IMO a pleasure to drive on small roads. Both handle very well in the rain. No experience in snow yet, as the weather has been unseasonably warm on the East Coast thus far.

In the AS3 case, I was replacing Michelin Primacy OEMs, in the Conti case I was replacing Toyo Proxes 4+. Massive improvements in both cases for public-road use, especially in the rain.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
M-Class
Conti is a good tire and you will see lots of good reviews about it, but Michelin is a lot better in every aspect. If you want to save some money without comprising grip and road reliability, go with Conti's.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Range Rover
Go with the Michelins it's worth spending the extra money. I run a used tire business that specializes in Mercedes Benz tires, we mount each tire on a rim before selling. We check for abnormal wear, bulges and any other sidewall defects, we see many Continentals with bulges and abnormal treadwear sorry to say, hardly ever on the Michelins. The Continental DWS tires also tend to wear more on the outside shoulder of the tire being that they are "inside" "outside mounted directional tires. Hope this helps.
Thanks