Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Using washers to lower 07 E550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:11 PM

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Using washers to lower 07 E550

Well after reading and looking at a ton of pics i go downstairs feel pretty confident it will be an easy job and thats all she wrote.

To start there is no way i can stick 4 washers to lower the front. At 3 it was getting super hard for the nut up top to grab threads and ended up ruining the nut had to go buy another because i forced it on. Overall im happy with the front hight wish it was another half inch lower. Reason why i say that. REARS

Now the rears super easy stuck 2 super thin washers and it lowered to the height i wanted but due to the fact i couldnt get the front low enough it just looked like i had a bad ride height set up, rear was sitting too low. In the end i had to take the rear washers out and with the 3 in the front both front and rear look like an even drop now. Another issue with the rears and ive read this the passenger rear when i used the washers to lower was definitly sitting a tad lower then the drivers side rear which in turn overexageratted even more how far off the front ride height is compared to the rears.

In conclusion the front has 3 washers and rear is stock nothing done. Overall this is what it should look like out if the factory and maybe in the future ill get the lowering links.

2 AFTER PICS ( Close and Far View)

BEFORE PIC( not a great before pic)

Last edited by karpetcm; 03-29-2016 at 10:21 PM.