Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Technical & Vehicle Assistance Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum-Sponsored By Tire Rack
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum-Sponsored By Tire Rack Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!
Click Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #1

Continental v.s Michelin tires

Just wanted to get feedback as far as which members prefer. I personally have had good experience with the Michelin Pilot Sports on my Honda Prelude, Benz SL500 and BMW M3. I have not had good experience with Continental ContiSport Contact 2 on my BMW M3 and Benz SL500.

Problem with the Continental ContiSport Contact2:
I had three tires broke apart on the inside where the thread meets the sidewall. When this happends then the tire will deflate and a large zipper will be created from the rotation of the wheel when the tire is flat.

NOTE: I am not the only one with this problem - I have had several other friends (locally) that claim the same problem.

I even wondered if this was a problem with the manufacturing process or something....
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

super_SL500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:58 PM

Tags
bmw, compared, contact, conti, continental, contintental, contisportcontact, m3, michelin, michellin, tire, tires, tyres, v, versus, vs