190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

Fs: 190E 2.6 Miami, FL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'92 190E 2.6
Fs: '92 190E 2.6 Miami, FL

Up for sale is my '92 M-B 190E 2.6, in Miami, FL. I had the car since November of last year and have taken great care of it and did all scheduled maintenance precisely. It is black with tan MB Tex seats built in September of '91. The car currently has 112k miles.

It had some problems when I purchased it including a bad differential which I replaced. The water pump with the serpentine belt has been replaced, including the tensioner and the tensioner shock. It blew the headgasket at 108k which was replaced by a Mercedes specialized mechanic, and also had a valve-job done at a reputable machine shop. All receipts and a log of all parts, dates, and mileage I have put into the car are available. The car still has a fluctuating problem sometimes at start-up and I and my mechanic at Strictly Mercedes here in Miami suspect it to be the Idle Valve. The car is smooth and runs excellent, transmission shifts well, the fluid and filter was replaced recently. ABS light on the dash turns on when car starts moving probably leading to a bad Wheel Sensor.

Exterior has very nice paint for a '92, one barely noticable dents (no paint damage) on each side of the fender in front of the wheel. The right side was keyed from the rear fender to the rear door but that is also not very visible since I used a black Turtle Wax crayon to fill in the marks. Front bumper cover has a piece JB Welded in the middle, did a sloppy job because all that was available was the JB Weld stick at the time, so that can be cleanly redone. Right side bumper has a couple of scuffs. Radiator drain cover is also missing. Trunk has bad clearcoat on it. Otherwise the car cleans up very nice, I wax it monthly and eveyone thinks it's a newer car when they ask about it. ...Nothing's better than a clean and polished black car.

Interior is in excellent shape. Ceiling upholstery is perfectly clean and doesn't sag, looks new. All doorpanels are good, all switches and lights work. A/C didn't work when I bought the car, and I haven't tried to make it work. Sunroof and windows down makes me feel better =). All power works. The zebrano shifter plate clearcoat is cracked but that doesn't catch the eye. It has a Pioneer cassette deck which works great, never figured out why door speakers don't work, rear speakers have stopped working (something got unplugged when I was trying to figure out the speaker wiring) and front dash speakers are also Pioneers in which one is buzzy. Cruise control worked once but has stopped working. All windows work, sunroof works flawlessly, clean carpets front and back, seats in excellent shape. Includes all the original leather packet will all the Owners Manual and other Mercedes booklets.

I am asking $3,500 for it since the A/C doesn't work, and it is very hard to find a 190E in that condition with that color combination. Please call 305-979-5712 or e-mail me at madupl87@hotmail.com or post on this thread if you would like more information, pictures, or if you have any additional questions.

Last edited by MaciekPL87; 08-30-2005 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Forgot year in Title
Old 09-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Almost a Member!

'92 190E 2.6
The car is going on Ebay sometime this week!!!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Almost a Member!

'92 190E 2.6
The 190 made it to Ebay:

http://tinyurl.com/95r7m

Maciej