MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   190E (W201) (https://mbworld.org/forums/190e-w201-60/)
-   -   antifrezze leaking!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/190e-w201/127686-antifrezze-leaking.html)

Benz Lover 11-23-2005 08:22 AM

antifrezze leaking!!

Ok so I was butt ass cold this morning...I went down to heat up my car like 10mins. before I left to go to work....when I got back to my car I noticed a few drops of Antifrezze drippin from the right side of the car. I popped open the hood and couldnt find any leaks coming from my radiator hoses...I look around and couldnt find anything. Needless to say I was going to work and Im dressed in business attire so I couldnt really jack-up the car and take the drip pan off and really examine...
This is the part that gets me...I go to the gas station ...and just b4 I jump back in ....I notice NO drip....I drop my son off at daycare....NO drip.. Stop and get braekfast....NO drip.... Finally I get to work and let my car run in my parking spot for about 5mins idle ....No DRIP!!!

Could hoses harden due to cold weather and drip some fluid when in process of heating up?? I know this may not be the problem ....
Also is there a overflow hose that releases fluid from the coolant resivoir (I may have over filled it a few days ago)??

Thanks...

C43AMG 11-23-2005 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Benz Lover
Could hoses harden due to cold weather and drip some fluid when in process of heating up?

Probably , could have a loose clamp also.

Benz Lover 11-23-2005 08:53 AM

Thats what Im hoping...now I just gotta find a way to leave work early to work on my car as its damn cold outside also...I swear **** like this only happens when its damn cold out!!

mctwin2kman 11-23-2005 01:12 PM

Where was the drip? From behind the tire, next to it, middle of car?

Benz Lover 12-05-2005 12:43 PM

The drip is coming off the bottom "bumper" (just to the right of the license plate)on the drivers side!!! I went underthere and looked for any leaks from the 2 hoses that are on that side and they are secure and not leaking... So I went to the other side (passenger side) and tightened that hose also...And still the dripping appears...and only small drops also......I cant figure this out...Where the hell can it be dripping from...
Also Is this radiator a hard one to change if I have to?? If not what are the simplest directions on doing so...
Thanks.

E55AMG99 12-05-2005 12:53 PM

Could be overfilled if you did it when it was cold. Liquid expands when it gets hot. Also, be careful not to overtighten the clamps. Sometimes they can distort the hose or worse, the outlet on the rad especially if the outlets are plastic like Volvo.

Benz Lover 12-05-2005 09:29 PM

Thanks...I guess sometime this weekend when its somewhat nice weather wise I'll go underneath the car again and try to figure this out...Oh well thank good my other car is brand new!! even tho the benz is still my baby!!