MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   190E (W201) (https://mbworld.org/forums/190e-w201-60/)
-   -   Coolant light (https://mbworld.org/forums/190e-w201/40788-coolant-light.html)

dellwas 05-29-2003 09:47 AM

Coolant light

Hi all,

The coolant light came on this morning on the way to work. It was not consistant (once for 5 minutes, couple of times for 30 secs or so). Coolant is up and can't see any leaks. There is also no signs of a head gasket leak (oil or coolant mixing)

I know some models (SLK?) have a coolant sensor and windshield washer wired in series, and if one goes the other can light up. Think this is the case?

Oh yeah, temp level is right in the middle of the gauge (180).

Another question while I'm at it. the headlight switch has a little orange light in the middle. When I put the lights on and pull out on the know it lights up. What the heck is this?

Also, any idea on where the radio antena switch is? Is it controlled automatically by the radio? I get stations in the city, but once I get about 40k out I can't pick up anything (have the local/distant light pushed both in and out, makes no difference)

This is a German model,BTW.

I don't have a manual yet so any info. is greatly appreciated.

rastaman190E 05-29-2003 11:58 AM

Re: Coolant light

Originally posted by dellwas
Hi all,

The coolant light came on this morning on the way to work. It was not consistant (once for 5 minutes, couple of times for 30 secs or so). Coolant is up and can't see any leaks. There is also no signs of a head gasket leak (oil or coolant mixing)

I know some models (SLK?) have a coolant sensor and windshield washer wired in series, and if one goes the other can light up. Think this is the case?

Another question while I'm at it. the headlight switch has a little orange light in the middle. When I put the lights on and pull out on the know it lights up. What the heck is this?

Also, any idea on where the radio antena switch is? Is it controlled automatically by the radio? I get stations in the city, but once I get about 40k out I can't pick up anything (have the local/distant light pushed both in and out, makes no difference)

I have a us 190e and the antenna is automatic. It extends when the radio is turned on. The amber light is for your fog light --looks kinda yellow from the front when your control button is pulled out. Pulling it out turn the lights on.

Not sure about the coolant light. Is it at the full line, below or above? Try topping it off without ovefilling it to see what happens.

lata,

dellwas 05-29-2003 12:02 PM

Re: Coolant light

Thanks Rastaman, much appreciated.

Consensus is that it is a cooling sensor on some of the other forums, but I'll double check the coolant level after work.

Man, I'm glad these forums exist, I'd be lost until I got the manuals!

Hi all,

:)

rastaman190E 05-29-2003 12:22 PM

Re: Re: Coolant light

Thanks Rastaman, much appreciated.

Consensus is that it is a cooling sensor on some of the other forums, but I'll double check the coolant level after work.

Man, I'm glad these forums exist, I'd be lost until I got the manuals!

:)

Any time. Check this forum out also: 190revolution.net.

dellwas 05-29-2003 12:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Coolant light

Thanks bud, signed up and reading the forums there shince this morning!

Originally posted by rastaman190E
Any time. Check this forum out also: 190revolution.net.