MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   190E (W201) (https://mbworld.org/forums/190e-w201-60/)
-   -   Engine Swap question (https://mbworld.org/forums/190e-w201/682763-engine-swap-question.html)

cracklin 09-23-2017 07:14 PM

This procedure is what works for me and I'm sure other Forum members will offer their advice.
Main workshop tools needed : hydraulic trolly jack, engine crane/hoist, adjustable engine leveller, four axel stands, assorted socket, ring, open-end and adjustable spanners, screwdrivers etc.
The process will take you approx four hours to remove and the same to reinstall however, if you haven't done this before, take your time and allow two days.
My Process : Jack up the car and support on the four jack stands. Remove the wheels, drain the radiator, remove the front bumper, electric fans, radiator, AC condenser and unbolt the engine mounts. Next step is to jack the car to it's highest position and support on axel stands. Remove the exhaust system, then the tail shaft, disconnect the speedo cable from the tranny, unbolt the ground/earth straps and any other connections you see between the chassis and engine. Lower the rear of the car to its lowest point and support on jack stands. Lift the front of the car by trolly jack (on the crossmember) to it's highest point, support car's weight on the stands and remove the jack. Position the jack under the tranny support mount and unbolt it from the chassis. Now you can lower the tranny slightly as it is pivoted on the engine mounts. Connect the engine crane and leveller to the engine and slightly take the weight of the engine.
Now for a little adjustment via "Trial & Error".
You will need to Lower the tranny on the jack and at the same time (This is where an extra pair of hands will help) Lift the engine in order to achieve an angle of approx 30'. The engine will now clear the front lower radiator support and it's out!
Before installing the "new" engine, it's probably wise to replace the Front & Rear Crank seals, water pump, and any seals/gasket you notice show signs of some leakage. Hope it goes well.

cracklin 09-23-2017 07:20 PM

Success, my reply posted!

I did have many picts to send you regarding each stage but unfortunately each time I try to send everything is wiped.

I hope my abridged version is ok.

usarover 03-16-2018 12:33 AM

Engine swap edited

I just started contemplating this swap today. How did it go kmancoupe230? and cracklin?

Saaboteur 03-24-2018 03:47 PM

What kind of electronics / wiring issues are invoked with a 3.6 AMG swap to a 190?

craigmack12 04-20-2018 09:20 PM

What manifold and throttle bodies did you use for this setup?

M113K190e 11-12-2021 10:32 AM

AMAZING WORK!!!

Originally Posted by cracklin (Post 7270562)
Success, my reply posted!

I did have many picts to send you regarding each stage but unfortunately each time I try to send everything is wiped.

I hope my abridged version is ok.

SORRY to revive an old tread but this is amazing work mate. I am planning to do the same here in UK . I read you got plenty pics of each stage etc... would you mail this over to me. Please PM/DM me you are OK with this and I will DM you mu mail.

Again , amazing work and very very useful info !!!

best regards
Lee

cracklin 11-15-2021 05:47 PM

Hello Lee,

Apologies for the late reply, I have been away racing our C63 at Bathurst this past weekend and hadn't checked my mail till this morning.

I won't be back home for another couple of weeks, however will see what photos I kept and PM them to you

If you haven't heard from me by the first week in December, send me a reminder.

I don't post much these days however if you are interested I'll also send some photos of our latest build (road registered) 190E. 2.6 swapped with a M113 and six speed ZF manual box.

We are also starting another build, a 190E Klasse 1 DTM Clone with a M112k Engine and C32 modified paddle shift transmission which we intend to tune to a mild 400 HP.

This is one is purely built as a Track Car and estimates at this stage are pointing towards a total weight of around 900 to 1000 kg .

Regards ........... JR.

M113K190e 12-06-2021 10:38 AM

m112k in 190e

Hi JR,

I hope all is well and you enjoyed your racing , i am sure you had fun :)

Its a kind reminder for the info/notes and pics of the *** m112k swap in 190e please*** ... I will be also using 6spd manual trani of XF/slk 320 which is direct bolt on .

Initially was planning for 113k 6 spd manual but i am drifting towards the idea of 112k instead for various reasons ( weight, easier swap ,I wont need more 420-450 bhp which m112k is capable of no probs. ) 113k clearly is a monster ( i also own e55 amg and cls55 amg ) but decided I dont need that much power and torque for my 1.1K kg 190e chassis hence I think 112k makes more sense . The e55 and cls55 are heavy ****ers about 2 tones so they DO NEED the extra power of the 113k to get moving heheehe.

However I will still be interested to see ur 113k manual swap too :)

Thank you again, its much appreciated .

Kind Regards
Lee

dan190 12-15-2022 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by cracklin (Post 8455476)
Hello Lee,

Apologies for the late reply, I have been away racing our C63 at Bathurst this past weekend and hadn't checked my mail till this morning.

I won't be back home for another couple of weeks, however will see what photos I kept and PM them to you

If you haven't heard from me by the first week in December, send me a reminder.

I don't post much these days however if you are interested I'll also send some photos of our latest build (road registered) 190E. 2.6 swapped with a M113 and six speed ZF manual box.

We are also starting another build, a 190E Klasse 1 DTM Clone with a M112k Engine and C32 modified paddle shift transmission which we intend to tune to a mild 400 HP.

This is one is purely built as a Track Car and estimates at this stage are pointing towards a total weight of around 900 to 1000 kg .

Regards ........... JR.

Im sorry, and not )) to revive this thread, this has to live!!

JR thats amazing work !!! please post more info on your swaps, I could have just PMed you, but I think it will benefit others down the road if you post it publicly
Im very curious about the M112 swap, Ive recently starting playing with them and I have to say Im loving these engines so far

Best,
Daniel

dan190 12-15-2022 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by cracklin (Post 7266923)
Pict 5

also which TB set is this on the M104 ? custom ? doesnt seem to look like M5 nor dbilas

oh right, you said you made it .. oh man, more info on the build, please please please, the kits are mega expensive, if you can even find em