C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 P0105 after injector cleaner...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500
C32 P0105 after injector cleaner...

So, for the longest time I have had problems with my 02 c32. It was and is still hesitating and jerking forward anytime I push the pedal at lower speeds. I tried to fix the hesitation by replacing the plugs, putting in a new gas pedal, new k&n filters, and even had the dealer re-adapt my torque converter. I still have a problem with the car slow shifting from first to second and the gas pedal being very soft and unresponsive. So, as a last resort, I decided to get a fuel injector cleaner. I got the chevron one from autozone and poured some into the tank when it was low on gas. I wanted to be as low on gas as possible for the injector cleaner to work better(or so I thought). The morning after a short drive and after the car sat for a little, I started it back up and check engine flashed. Then I filled some shell gas and the CEL went away. I was curious as to what it was, so I went to autozone and after they scanned it, it was the P0105. I did research and it is the MAP sensor. My question is: Could the injector cleaner and lack of gas in the tank have caused the CEL, or this was a long time pending problem? Did it happen to any of you guys and what were your symptoms? Also, I will try to look for some vacuum leaks and loose hoses tomorrow, maybe dirty air filters, but will be difficult as three weeks ago I had a right shoulder reconstruction surgery, so my right arm will be off limits. I sure hope that replacing the MAP sensor will be the solution of all the problems. Thank you for your opinions and sorry for the long write up.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Sensor is spendy-install is uber easy.
I highly doubt the cleaner (use sea foam in the future-and on a full tank) triggered the sensor-iirc the cleaner would travel the fuel system-and wouldn't touch the MAP.
try pulling the (oily) k filters and see I'd that helps (bet it will)-
Old 04-02-2011, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by rockjock
Sensor is spendy-install is uber easy.
I highly doubt the cleaner (use sea foam in the future-and on a full tank) triggered the sensor-iirc the cleaner would travel the fuel system-and wouldn't touch the MAP.
try pulling the (oily) k filters and see I'd that helps (bet it will)-
I am not familiar with sea foam. I have used Techron with a fill up monthly for years and it keeps the gas dry and the engine clean. Dump the oily air filters of any brand and use the MB fleece filters or the Bosch equivalent if available for your model.

Good advice above!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:03 PM

Thanks for the responses. My check engine light never went back on. I am going to order the MAP sensor and replace it. I am very surprised that you guys think that the K&N filters are more trouble than they are worth and I should switch back to OEM paper air filters. You think that the oil from the k&ns caused the MAP sensor to go bad and all the hesitation issues?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
K&N aren't necessarily the issue, it's when they are over-oiled.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:46 PM

I took apart the filters, shook all the dirt and debris from them. The big thing that I found is that I might have forgotten to hook up the small rubber hose when I installed the K&NS the first time. after I put everything together and reconnected the hose I went for a ride. The car is back to normal and running very smoothly. For those of you who are wondering, the hose was located on the driver's side airbox close to the firewall.