S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

enxtended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S 55 AMG
enxtended warranty

I just bought my self a 04 S55 with 75 K I want to know how to buy extended warranty. But i don;t know witch one. I found one call it CARCHEX for $ 4400 but i don;t know if is legit .Any one has any info about it or any other company? Please Help
Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
W221 s65 , w220 s55
Fidelity platinum is the one I have .. It's for 3/36k bumper to bumper and I paid 4500 from a Benz dealership... A guy with the username beck imports (name Bruce) also sells best warranty packages for our Amg cars.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S 65
Originally Posted by rockykhan
Fidelity platinum is the one I have .. It's for 3/36k bumper to bumper and I paid 4500 from a Benz dealership... A guy with the username beck imports (name Bruce) also sells best warranty packages for our Amg cars.
Have you (or any one else) actually had your car repaired since purchasing an extended warranty?

If so, please post your experience so we can see how you were treated by the repair facility, as well as the warranty company.

Thanks!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:18 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
W221 s65 , w220 s55
Yes I have had a few things replaced on my car .. I'm guessing totaling $6000+.. All I had to do was drop my car at the Benz dealership n they took it from there.. ie the dealership deals with the warranty company n all I had to pay was my $100 deductible so basically no problems with the repairs but keep in mind I bought my warranty package 2 years ago so price maybe a few hundred give or take.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:07 PM

2007 S 65
Thanks for the input Rockykhan

Has anyone else had experience with extended warrantys??
Old 11-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garage Temporarily Empty
Originally Posted by rockykhan
Bruce Mendel (Becks Imports) is great to work with. I too purchased my Fidelity Platinum plan from Bruce. Although, he may now recommend NAC, due to Fidelity's recent price jacking. But I would ask him directly. It may just depend on how much money you have to spend.....
Going from Dec 31st 2010 to Jan 1st, 2011 (overnight), Fidelity prices went up by about $4k to $5k, depending on the vehicle miles.....my honest opinion is to email Bruce and ask him some questions. He is great to work with.
I have purchased not only my aftermarket warranty, but 2 other vehicles from him and had nothing but great experiences with both transactions.
I will be buying my next Mercedes from him when the time comes.....

brucem105@comcast.net is his address.

-Chris
Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 PM

2007 S 65
Originally Posted by Vabene7
Bruce Mendel (Becks Imports) is great to work with. I too purchased my Fidelity Platinum plan from Bruce. Although, he may now recommend NAC, due to Fidelity's recent price jacking. But I would ask him directly. It may just depend on how much money you have to spend.....
Going from Dec 31st 2010 to Jan 1st, 2011 (overnight), Fidelity prices went up by about $4k to $5k, depending on the vehicle miles.....my honest opinion is to email Bruce and ask him some questions. He is great to work with.
I have purchased not only my aftermarket warranty, but 2 other vehicles from him and had nothing but great experiences with both transactions.
I will be buying my next Mercedes from him when the time comes.....

brucem105@comcast.net is his address.

-Chris
Chris,

Thanks for the info. I'm glad you have had great experience dealing with Bruce. My concern is no one is posting anything about actual claims they have made with extended warranties.

I'm not looking for peace of mind. I want to know if I blow a $30,000.00 engine they will actually cover it. I've read the Direct Buy plan and it says they limit their liability to $1500.00 per dispute. And that is after you win arbitration. Seems to me if I give them $6000.00 plus for the policy/plan and then I make a big claim they are going to be very willing and motivated to give me back $1500.00 and tell me to go on my way. I want a plan but I want to know that they really do cover you.

Tony
Old 11-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Originally Posted by tonykharper
Chris,

Thanks for the info. I'm glad you have had great experience dealing with Bruce. My concern is no one is posting anything about actual claims they have made with extended warranties.

I'm not looking for peace of mind. I want to know if I blow a $30,000.00 engine they will actually cover it. I've read the Direct Buy plan and it says they limit their liability to $1500.00 per dispute. And that is after you win arbitration. Seems to me if I give them $6000.00 plus for the policy/plan and then I make a big claim they are going to be very willing and motivated to give me back $1500.00 and tell me to go on my way. I want a plan but I want to know that they really do cover you.

Tony
I have had $9k in claims and only one small item was not covered, but it was stated in the policy pretty clearly. The item not covered was a wiring harness to my automatic trunk closer....
Some of the items covered on my car were a BIG ABC system repair and replacement (almost $5k), ABS sensor ($1k) and intercooler pump ($800).
No arguements or delays...Fidelity had a rep to my car within 24 hours (that's only when the repair is over $1k or so...) and the repairs started immediately after that.
Hope this helps....
Like I said, email Bruce. He will impress you by how pleasant he is to talk with and how much he knows about our cars.
He will tell you what plan he recommends and you should heed his choice. He will NEVER take you for a ride.
He hasn't built his reputation, all of these years, by misguiding people.
I promise he will answer all of your questions. You'll thank me after talking to him.....watch and see....

Last edited by Vabene7; 11-14-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
65 Chevelle Wagon w/ C5 frame, 08 ML63, 04 S600, 04 E55,(sold) 00 ML55,(sold) 98 C43-55K Swap
Your best bet is Fidelity or Easycare, Those seem to have the best coverage from my experience
Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 PM

1999 E55
Fidelity Coverage

I worked for several years as a service advisor at a major dealership (Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, but I did service quite a few MB cars and submitted claims for them), and have submitted hundreds of claims to Fidelity. I can count on one hand the claims Fidelity denied, and these were clear cases of customer abuse or items that were clearly not covered in the policy.

My experiences were not as good with other warranty companies.

I have no experience with NAC, so I can't comment on them.