Sponsored by:

Euro Headunit from Steve ROCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro Headunit from Steve ROCKS!!!

I've had the Euro headunit installed for the past 2 months but had some problems. First, the headunit Steve sent me had not been changed to allow for DVD's in motion. It would fade to black with car movement. Steve was very quick to ExpressMail me a different headunit for replacement.

The other problem was getting the tv tuner to work. We had some confusion over connections and international directions. Steve didn't have any pictures which made it more difficult for a first time installer. MB here in Tallahassee obviously had never seen one and had to do a bit of research beyond the included instructions. Eventually, they and my tuner, Chris Chapas in Tampa, got it going.

The in-motion DVD now looks great, as long as you are on lonely stretches of road. The ability to play MP3-DVD's in awesome. 1,000 files per disc is very convenient.

The tv tuner actually works better than I had expected. I expected a lot of snow with a picture every now and then. It gets 6 or 7 channels all over Tallahassee including all the networks. Reception is often very clear while stopped and quite decent while in motion. The 2 "cell phone looking" antennas attach by adhesive to the inside rear window. I'm sure that the tinted windows do not help my reception. Because they use adhesive, make sure you have it just right if you installing it on top of tint.

I've got XM going through the aux input and it works great. I'll have to find out where the antenna is so I can post some pictures.

The Nav voice is a nice change with a female English accent.

Best thing of all is it's seamless interface with the dash display. Not only does the headunit show MP3 folders and then files, the dash display shows the MP3 file name and allows you to change files through the UP and DOWN arrows. The same function works with the TV tuner to change channels without ever taking your hands off the wheels.

If there is an interest, I'll take pictures of the functions and post them. Thanks Steve for the headunit and working with me to get everything going. It rocks!
Old 01-01-2005, 01:27 PM

E320
Is it true that enabling the Video-in-Motion also affects the SBC on the vehicle, which in rare instances causes brake failure???
Old 01-01-2005, 01:49 PM

a Merc
if you could posts the picture that would be great, thanks
Old 01-01-2005, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aries palmiotto
Is it true that enabling the Video-in-Motion also affects the SBC on the vehicle, which in rare instances causes brake failure???
Hmmmm, since I Have no idea what SBC is then I definitely have no idea if it can cause brake failure. Let's hope not.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:20 PM

E320
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Hmmmm, since I Have no idea what SBC is then I definitely have no idea if it can cause brake failure. Let's hope not.
This is the thread that I read it from...

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/92965-2004-e500-brake-failure.html
Old 01-01-2005, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
This is the thread that I read it from...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92965
You must have stopped reading right after the post in question (maybe a bit too conveniently?). The next post points out that it is not true, especially since the video in motion setting is a true "setting" and not a modification. I would say both posters have equal credibility; how you choose to perceive it is your decision. But since you're asking, then I am answering, and will assume from this point that your question has been fully answered.

-s-
Old 01-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Almost a Member!

dear sir,

please post some pics, i would love to see it good job btw.

Gary
Old 01-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
that is the biggest BS I have ever read...

Derek, good to hear that it finally worked out...and that the installers finally got the TV going!

greetingz,
Old 01-02-2005, 09:40 AM

a Merc
Mr. MbenzNL, me want one, any chance you can ship it to me ?
Old 01-02-2005, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Computer is down so pics will take a few days (this is being typed on a loaner).
Old 01-02-2005, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
thats the dumbest thing i ever heard
Old 01-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by machoman
Mr. MbenzNL, me want one, any chance you can ship it to me ?
yes...mail me at Steve@MBenzNL.com...
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
thats the dumbest thing i ever heard
THAT...and I live my life a quarter mile at a time...

greetingz,
Old 01-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Vic

Would love to see pix. Can you post one of the TV antennas? How much was the install?

Does anyone know if Steve ever visits the Washington DC area?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll get pics as soon as my main computer is back up and running. My install was about $300. Steve's email- MBenzNLs_krabbenborg@hotmail.com.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
steve was in washington dc this past summer after his trip to nyc. steve stayed at my place in nyc and although he said this particular part of his trip was great, washington dc was a bust. i dont think hes coming back to the northeast.

Last edited by BklynBenz; 01-06-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:08 AM

a Merc
Steve... email sent.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Finally, here are a few pictures. The ashtray has the Passport SRX and the XM Commander set in a piece of carbon fiber. The second picture shows a cartoon on a tv station via the tv tuner. The third picture shows the channel on the dash under control of the steering wheel buttons.

The only thing missing are pictures of the folder display of DVD MP3's on the command screen and the currently playing MP3 that shows on the dash just like the channel picture. We're having a problem with the headunit playing discs so Steve is shipping me another one and helping with the cost of the re-install.
Attached Thumbnails Euro Headunit from Steve ROCKS!!!-ashtray.jpg   Euro Headunit from Steve ROCKS!!!-tv-cartoon.jpg   Euro Headunit from Steve ROCKS!!!-channel-dash.jpg