Sponsored by:

Stalling when shifting from drive to reverse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45
Stalling when shifting from drive to reverse

Hi all, bit of a newbie here. Potentially seen an a45 that I want to buy, but on the test drive something weird happened.
Test drive went all ok albeit only a mile long (when I go to purchase I'll take it further) everything seemed ok in all the modes etc, but when I got back to the dealers (was in comfort eco mode) I stopped, tapped the lever in to reverse and the engine stopped and restarted instantly.
Now I thought it was a coincidence but it did it twice. I don't think it was the start stop as it stopped and started straight away (unless I put it in to N for a second and it stopped and restarted again when it went in reverse)
Don't want to get stung by something really serious!
Car was as per all test drives..completely em,pty of fuel

Hope you guys can get me answers as I don't wanna walk away from a car that's fine just me being silly...but I also don't want to buy something that looks trivial but turns out to be a £2k job!

Thanks
Old 07-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Before I bought any used MB from a non MB dealer I want to see the results of a quick test done right after a test drive---if they offer you a lamb dinner and a round trip ticket to Raqua instead----keep looking!!