A45 comand unit - missing functionality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45 AMG 4matic
A45 comand unit - missing functionality

Hi

I have just taken ownership of a 65 plate A45 AMG having previously owned a 330 M Sport.

Looking at the command display there seems to be limited functionality on my version. For instance the "Vehicle" module only allows me to adjust lighting, time and engine modes. I have seen versions where the climate control can be adjusted through the display unit.
Also there is no album artwork when playing from USB and I can't seem to import to a HDD (if there is one).

The command system seems miles behind the BMW but perhaps there is an easy upgrade that the dealer can perform???

Very new to Mercedes so apologies if this has been asked before.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG A45
Originally Posted by CreaseyBear
Hi

I have just taken ownership of a 65 plate A45 AMG having previously owned a 330 M Sport.

Looking at the command display there seems to be limited functionality on my version. For instance the "Vehicle" module only allows me to adjust lighting, time and engine modes. I have seen versions where the climate control can be adjusted through the display unit.
Also there is no album artwork when playing from USB and I can't seem to import to a HDD (if there is one).

The command system seems miles behind the BMW but perhaps there is an easy upgrade that the dealer can perform???

Very new to Mercedes so apologies if this has been asked before.
I think you may have a FL model mine is a PFL so there are differences with regards the vehicle module.
As for the album artwork I have the artwork embedded in each track and have no problems. I use Mp3tag to attach the .jpg or .png file to the .mp3 files.
I don't believe there is a hard disk (like I used to have in my SLK) but I have successfully used a 400 GB Sandisk Micro SD in a standard SD adaptor and that works fine with about 300 GB of music on it.