Sponsored by:

fit strut brace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a45 amg 4matice
fit strut brace

Hi I have a 2017 a45 amg 4matic with adjustable dampers and want to fit strut brace but I cannot see where to disconnect cable going to the top of strut to fit the brace
does anyone know where ????
Thanks
Old 06-02-2020, 01:15 AM

AMG A45
Originally Posted by jon4560
Hi I have a 2017 a45 amg 4matic with adjustable dampers and want to fit strut brace but I cannot see where to disconnect cable going to the top of strut to fit the brace
does anyone know where ????
Thanks
thread mine....
hey did you end up finding a solution to this. How did the bar fit up with the active suspension ??
Old 06-02-2020, 02:57 PM

a45 amg 4matice
Originally Posted by Teamjlf
thread mine....
hey did you end up finding a solution to this. How did the bar fit up with the active suspension ??
Hi
yes got it sorted if you lift the cable up out the middle of strut the is two clips open them with little screw driver and plug pulls out I did then put some tape round clip to stop it going into strut and fitted brace no problems at all put cables back in and off I went
cheers
Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 PM

AMG A45
Hi
yes got it sorted if you lift the cable up out the middle of strut the is two clips open them with little screw driver and plug pulls out I did then put some tape round clip to stop it going into strut and fitted brace no problems at all put cables back in and off I went
cheers
ok
mine is 2017 A45 as well. The cable sits on top of the strut and there is an elbow there with a clip. If you open the elbow you can see the cable wires that go into the strut. I can’t see how that cable and wires just unplugs from the strut ? Looks like the wires go into the body of the strut and I can’t see any plugs ? Got any pics of your set up ?
Old 06-03-2020, 01:41 PM

a45 amg 4matice
Originally Posted by Teamjlf
ok
mine is 2017 A45 as well. The cable sits on top of the strut and there is an elbow there with a clip. If you open the elbow you can see the cable wires that go into the strut. I can’t see how that cable and wires just unplugs from the strut ? Looks like the wires go into the body of the strut and I can’t see any plugs ? Got any pics of your set up ?
Hi
if you pull the elbow upwards a little a yellow bit will come out the centre of the strut if you look on the sides where it came out the strut you will see a upside down u shape cut out the is two one either side get a very small screw driver and prize middle bit out wards on both side and pull elbow upwards put a bit of tape round yellow bit so does not go alway back into strut.
I not got pics but could get one at the weekend if you need
cheers John
Old 06-04-2020, 08:02 AM

AMG A45
Hi
if you pull the elbow upwards a little a yellow bit will come out the centre of the strut if you look on the sides where it came out the strut you will see a upside down u shape cut out the is two one either side get a very small screw driver and prize middle bit out wards on both side and pull elbow upwards put a bit of tape round yellow bit so does not go alway back into strut.
cheers John
Hey John
thanks heaps for your help so far. Yeh pics would be great if you have em. My brace should be delivered tomorrow and looking forward to fitting it but just want to make sure about pulling the wires up without damaging anything. Most of the pics online I’ve seen with A45’s and strut braces don’t seem to have the active suspension so there doesn’t seem to be much info out there about how to disconnect the trigger wires from the shocks.
Thanks again
jim
Old 06-10-2020, 11:15 PM

AMG A45
Hi
cheers John
all good I figured it out. Just pulled gently on the elbow and the connector unplugged and lifted out.
the yellow sleeve stayed inside the strut.
strut brace fitted up no problem with perfect fit and then pushed the cables and connector back into the strut. No error lights on dash and all good to go !

Car feels slightly more planted on turn in now so this mod has made a slight improvement which you can feel. Thanks again for your advice.