Sponsored by:

Just sayin' hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferrari California T
Just sayin' hello

Well after 3 months with the car I thought I'd pop in and say hello. User BWAMGSF had his parked down in the Marina when I saw it and liked it. I was actually driving a 2015 Ferrari California T at the time and he let me know it was fun. Soooo, next thing you know, I got rid of my '13 911 4S and picked up the GTS. I liked my old Porsche. . . I just didn't love it. First off, it is WAY too common. You can't swing a dead cat around this city (SF) without seeing a 911. Sure they aren't all 991's but really. . . at quck glance how can you tell. (yes yes, I know you can but we are all gear heads here)
Secondly, the Porsche did everything well. Just nothing "Whoa" well. Everything was just "good".
The GTS? Well, this thing is something else. Really it's a German version of a hot rod. It's all snarly and poppy and really quite a fun car. It's also the first AMG I've driven that didn't want to kill you. I really like it.
I won't bore you with the things I don't like. I just wanted to say hello.
I'm mostly a Ferrari guy and after 18 of those I have to say the feeling is comparable. It's not nearly as refined and certainly more difficult to just get in and drive but for an every day car that you don't have to worry about much? Fits fine. I drive mine mostly on the occasional weekends and stick to driving a truck the rest of the time. In a few months I'll compare it to the 488 GTB and let you guys/gals know what I think. Cheers all.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 144 Posts
SLS AMG
Same thing down here in Newport. Every 3rd car is a 911. BORING!!!! The #1 choice of dentists everywhere.. LOL
Old 10-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT-S
I'm glad that I could be some help in making the better decision. See you around the city soon.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferrari California T
Hopefully in my 488 GTB!

I'm tempted to get the Benz wrapped Matte Gray. I wanted that color to start with but they didn't have it.

Not interested in messing with it other than that though. It's just a car to drive when I'm not in the truck. I might track it a little but I've got other things for that.