Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Tune?

Old 04-25-2017, 10:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
Which Tune?

I know there has been a few discussions about various tuners out there - but, which one would you recommend (based on experience). I've had Weistec and Brabus power kits installed on various vehicles, and liked them just fine. But am considering others this time - Renntech, OE, etc... Just curious what option you've found to provide the best mechanical result (price and warranty considerations aside). I was considering doing the OE tune, if nothing else - because they are quite local - just curious if anybody has any input on that one from personal experience. Performance gains seem to be (relatively) the same across the board. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
cars and stuff
I've used Renntech on a number of vehicles and Weistec on one. No complaints at all with either. I used Weistec first and had a great experience and then learned Renntech was less than an hour away from where I used to live so I started using them because I liked going down to the facility. Always treated me well and let me check out the facility and products and whatnot. Now that I've moved I'll be back into the market of looking at what's available. Like you said the tune gains are pretty consistent across the board.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by boosting1bar
I've used Renntech on a number of vehicles and Weistec on one. No complaints at all with either. I used Weistec first and had a great experience and then learned Renntech was less than an hour away from where I used to live so I started using them because I liked going down to the facility. Always treated me well and let me check out the facility and products and whatnot. Now that I've moved I'll be back into the market of looking at what's available. Like you said the tune gains are pretty consistent across the board.
Careful here. Weistec has had a number of problems, especially recently where their man tuner left. A lot of limp mode issues.

A number of members have had success with Eurocharged.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:04 PM

G63,GT
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Careful here. Weistec has had a number of problems, especially recently where their man tuner left. A lot of limp mode issues.

Wow... thanks for the heads up. Haven't seen anything posted about them on the C190, so was curious.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG

Well said, i had that issue for months and could not solve it at all and got fed up of car going into limp mode everytime i floor it. ECUs been sent 3 times to have it fixed, once they fix her up the problem sadly starts again after a few weeks

Did a new custom tune 2 weeks ago with Dime Racing, car is absolutely fantastic, running close to 555rwhp on 98 Octane, i had Weistec downpipes and midpipes along with Dimes tune
I highly recommend Dime Racing, these guys track and race their cars which is perfect for my kind of driving style since i regularly track my GTS
Old 04-26-2017, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Can't go wrong with Renntech and Eurocharged (have experience with both).
The main factor IMHO is how close they are to you. If you are lucky enough to have a shop by you, then it's a no brainer because if you have issues, you can bring the car and not just ship ECU.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by xcfisher
I know there has been a few discussions about various tuners out there - but, which one would you recommend (based on experience). I've had Weistec and Brabus power kits installed on various vehicles, and liked them just fine. But am considering others this time - Renntech, OE, etc... Just curious what option you've found to provide the best mechanical result (price and warranty considerations aside). I was considering doing the OE tune, if nothing else - because they are quite local - just curious if anybody has any input on that one from personal experience. Performance gains seem to be (relatively) the same across the board. Thanks!
I do not own a GT, but I know AMR has been excelling in Mercedes tuning. My C43 has their stage 1 tune and running phenomenal! They have great products and customer service, so my 2 cents is to check them out as well.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 AMG GTS ED1, 2013 C63 P31 Coupe
OP since you're in SoCal, I'd recommend checking out Dime. Steve was the go-to tuner @ Weistec before he left for Dime.

I bought the car @ 1,700mi, had it tuned @ 2,000-2,500mi and she sits at 11,000mi now. No issues at all the and car runs strong. She put down 531whp/644wtq on a Dynapak. Steve has since applied some updates to the tune and I haven't redyno'd since.

As another option, call Matt/Bobby @ GSR Technik. They tuned my W204 C63 and it put down more hp/tq than some of the more popular options out there (we ran 3x C63s back to back with different tunes). They do all the cars rolling through Boden Autohaus and recently added 200hp+ to a 488GTB

Here's my graph done @ AutoTalent in LA:

Hope this helps!
Old 04-26-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1
I had to create an account as soon as I saw Weistec mentioned here. Do. Not. Go. To. Weistec.

My buddy's shipped his GTS to Weistec to get some work done. It fell off their lift back in December 2016 and instead of owning up to their mistake and let him know... they covered it up. They fixed the car and shipped it back like nothing has ever happened. Somehow, a few months later, the pictures got leaked on Instagram and he recognized his car. He was so mind-blow that he couldn't believe it when he saw it. Somehow he managed to get the original pictures by bribing one of the workers there. When comparing the meta-data, he was able to see that it actually happened there. He's now in the process of suing them.

I'm honestly surprised they're even still in business after all this. It's outrageous.

Look at this:

The following 7 users liked this post by bugmenot2:
Anotherone (11-29-2020), cls55 (05-06-2017), daybx (10-15-2018), emericr (04-26-2017), jalexxxm (04-26-2017), MuffinFlavored (07-03-2019), xcfisher (04-26-2017) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by bugmenot2
I had to create an account as soon as I saw Weistec mentioned here. Do. Not. Go. To. Weistec.

My buddy's shipped his GTS to Weistec to get some work done. It fell off their lift back in December 2016 and instead of owning up to their mistake and let him know... they covered it up. They fixed the car and shipped it back like nothing has ever happened. Somehow, a few months later, the pictures got leaked on Instagram and he recognized his car. He was so mind-blow that he couldn't believe it when he saw it. Somehow he managed to get the original pictures by bribing one of the workers there. When comparing the meta-data, he was able to see that it actually happened there. He's now in the process of suing them.

I'm honestly surprised they're even still in business after all this. It's outrageous.

Look at this:

WTF! I saw that on Blackhorse's Instagram and I didn't really understand the context. This is bad. Criminal, bad.

Blackhorse had his engine blow up 200 miles after Weistec installed his Stage 1 kit. They literally told him to f*ck off when he tried to get it fixed. He's now getting his engine rebuilt at Dime.

As others have recommended above, I would either get Eurocharged, Dime or Renntech.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 AMG C63s
This is disgusting

I personally had my car tuned by Dime and i don't think i could be any happier.

Edit// Isn't Blackhorse that guy with the Weistec tattoo on his shoulder? lol

Last edited by jalexxxm; 04-26-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
WOW. HOLY *****. This needs to go viral and if owners or management of this company knew about it and decided to hide it, they deserve to go under.
A business pays insurance for this type of error. No one is perfect and crap happens but the way to handle it is be honest, pay up the deductible and whatever it takes to make your customer happy.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by jalexxxm
This is disgusting

I personally had my car tuned by Dime and i don't think i could be any happier.

Edit// Isn't Blackhorse that guy with the Weistec tattoo on his shoulder? lol
Yes

Can't believe they were crazy enough to tell him to pound sand. That guy is nuts. I mean he's got a tattoo of his car... and weistec

Originally Posted by emericr
WOW. HOLY *****. This needs to go viral and if owners or management of this company knew about it and decided to hide it, they deserve to go under.
A business pays insurance for this type of error. No one is perfect and crap happens but the way to handle it is be honest, pay up the deductible and whatever it takes to make your customer happy.
As long as the admins don't start deleting threads
Old 04-26-2017, 09:01 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
Eurocharge here

I went with Eurocharge when I decided to have the tune. Very professional and great results.

I've been to the drags a few times. Best after tune : 11.1 @130 mph

Zero issues after the tune. Good luck with your choice.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 AM

G63,GT
Originally Posted by bugmenot2

Look at this:
Wow. That's about all I can even say. That blows my mind, and I can't even summize a response that would be appropriate. I had them tune my G63 a few years back. It had some problems with shifting, but I just blamed it on the clunky oldschool transmission. I did get the feeling that the M157 tune they offered was basically generic. In other words - it wasn't specific to the G. It just shifted extremely harsh, mainly the downshifts. Violent. Was hoping to have some good news from those who have has their C190 tuned with their software. It's just too bad...

OP since you're in SoCal, I'd recommend checking out Dime. Steve was the go-to tuner @ Weistec before he left for Dime.

I bought the car @ 1,700mi, had it tuned @ 2,000-2,500mi and she sits at 11,000mi now. No issues at all the and car runs strong. She put down 531whp/644wtq on a Dynapak. Steve has since applied some updates to the tune and I haven't redyno'd since.

As another option, call Matt/Bobby @ GSR Technik. They tuned my W204 C63 and it put down more hp/tq than some of the more popular options out there (we ran 3x C63s back to back with different tunes). They do all the cars rolling through Boden Autohaus and recently added 200hp+ to a 488GTB
@sonystyle:

Thanks brother! Good info. I've got around 1k on the ticker since new, and I think the time is right. Didn't have Dime on my radar, but I'll give it a hard look.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:44 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Sickening pics and worse behaviour
Old 04-27-2017, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
These are the actions of a company in death throes. There is no other explanation.

Passion about cars is dead, caring is dead, responsibility dead.
The following users liked this post:
Mako1969 (06-15-2021)
Old 05-04-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
00 e55
Originally Posted by xcfisher
Im in process of taking OEtuning to court. Car made -15hp instead of +25 its taking since last July and no refund or resolution https://mbworld.org/forums/performan...-4mi-time.html
Old 05-08-2017, 10:16 PM

G63,GT
I thought I'd give a quick update with my results. Ended up going (per SONY'S personal recommendation) with Matt from GSR Technik/Boden Autohaus. He was one of the original founders at Weisctec, and to be honest - was remarkably knowledgeable about every aspect of the tune with this car. Not just a random plug-n-play job. Tuning is really an art form, and from what I can gather, he is a pretty good artist.

Picked up the car a week ago, and now having had some time on it, I can tell you that the car is a completely different animal. While the HP/TQ is now over 600, Matt was explaining in detail just how 'conservative' the tune really is on this platform. It really makes a lot of sense, and my education afterwards is greatly heightened! The bulk of the power is in the 2-3k range, and all of the (albeit miniscule to begin with) lag is gone. The car pulls all across the powerband, and none of the drive ability is gone. It literally just feels like there is much, much more power. The most interesting thing was how he showed me the differences between the stock GT and GTS tunes. There is so little difference that it's comical. But I am now confident in my decision to go with the GT (regardless of the tuner) because now I'm right where I need to be. Going to do a few runs with the v-box this week, and will report back - but thus far, all I can say is....wow! so much fun to drive....
The following 2 users liked this post by xcfisher:
Case1906 (05-10-2017), sonystyle02 (05-09-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTS Edition 1
After doing quite a bit of research I'm going with PresserTech. Looks to have some extremely impressive numbers and Todd seems to be an outstanding guy from all of my communications with him.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 245 Likes on 152 Posts
Designo White AMG GTS
I did a Eurocharged tune (and downpipes) the week after I bought my car. 17 months and 13000 miles later, I have not had a single hiccup.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by larrymz3
After doing quite a bit of research I'm going with PresserTech. Looks to have some extremely impressive numbers and Todd seems to be an outstanding guy from all of my communications with him.
Never heard of them....
Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 PM

AMG GTS Edition 1
http://www.pressertech.com
Old 06-08-2017, 05:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by larrymz3
Larry. I live in Atl for 25 years and had 6 Benzes, 3 AMGs. This shop out of Smyrna behind Dobbins is not where I would bring my car and ECU.

There are many documented AMG tuners that have thousands of tunes. No offense but you should reconsider.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:47 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Larry. I live in Atl for 25 years and had 6 Benzes, 3 AMGs. This shop out of Smyrna behind Dobbins is not where I would bring my car and ECU.

There are many documented AMG tuners that have thousands of tunes. No offense but you should reconsider.
Why? I've seen nothing but good reviews.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Tune?