Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT C 2018 CERTIFICATION ISSUES?! WILL BE DELAYED?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:30 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 350d
Originally Posted by kjkj
We all know Canada gets everything last, in tech, fashion, certifications and approvals and everything!! It sux.

The car was originally certified in June, then the certification was cancelled due to the EPA I’m guessing someone fu**** up in Mercedes plant, then now it’s a flash issue, maybe they will find something else later and maybe the car will never be released, anything is possible!!

and we are now all suffering.

Just got word from my dealer that my GT C Edition 50 Coupe just arrived at the dealership and will be ready for release once we sort out the payment etc. I am hoping the same applies to he GT R's in Canada, though it seems like we will be getting some drive time in before the winter.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GTC Edition 50
Originally Posted by Jtamindzic
Just got word from my dealer that my GT C Edition 50 Coupe just arrived at the dealership and will be ready for release once we sort out the payment etc. I am hoping the same applies to he GT R's in Canada, though it seems like we will be getting some drive time in before the winter.
That's great news! What city are you based out of? I just got word that my allocation got a VIN number, which is a step in the right direction (I think that means it has a frame at the least). Look forward to any pics you can share!
Old 10-24-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 350d
Originally Posted by lovevino
That's great news! What city are you based out of? I just got word that my allocation got a VIN number, which is a step in the right direction (I think that means it has a frame at the least). Look forward to any pics you can share!
I’m in Oakville (40km from Toronto). Just got back from a trip and will be picking up the car tomorrow night. Will be sure to share some pics soon!!
Old 10-24-2017, 02:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GTC Edition 50

Originally Posted by Jtamindzic
I’m in Oakville (40km from Toronto). Just got back from a trip and will be picking up the car tomorrow night. Will be sure to share some pics soon!!
Very cool. Look forward to seeing them. Funny, my wife used to live there in Oakville as she grew up in Kingston.

I just got my pricing sheet from my dealer and he said my car is complete and waiting at the port oversees. He has already seen one roadster come through, so no apparent issues with the GTC versus the R that everyone is experiencing.