Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked in my GTR Build today...

Old 10-12-2017, 09:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Locked in my GTR Build today...

I will have had my GTS almost two years and absolutely love that car. I knew I wanted the GTR every since it was announced. Picking a spec for this car was so difficult, I have flip flopped on the color for a couple weeks now. I finally came to grips with this car deserves to be ordered in MGH. Although there are so many colors that this car looks good in MGH is it's signature. My GTS is an Iridium Magno the GTR looks sharp with the carbon contrast, Black was another contender as it just looks like a beast in black... but then I have to deal with another black car. Cardinal Red also looks stunning but I was not sure if I would get tired of it. Anyway so many choices, I am gave in and turned into a sheep and went with the rest of the pack. MGH it is. My car goes into production mid November, with an estimated March delivery. I imagine my spec will be a popular build as the first GTR to pop up on ebay has line for line my exact spec. Anyone looking to burn $55K over MSRP this is the car for you! I am so excited to get this car! Now the 4+ month wait!

http://www.casciomotors.com/vehicle-...az-id-20772667

Dose anyone have a recent color count of the GTR's ordered in the system? I thought I saw that somewhere?
Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
You put in your order today and you were told build in November?
Think again.

i put in an order in June for a gTS . The order received allocation in September with a Build date in late December.

Me thinks someone's Dealer is lying.

BTw, why would you want a GTR after having a GtS for two years? ThEy are similar ; not that much difference to have both. I'd keep the Money and get some other exotic car like a McLaren 675 or 720.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Me thinks you have no idea what you're talking about

I have owned and buy a lot of cars. I know what I am doing at this point. The allocation did not originate last week. It is an existing allocation they were given with a Mid-November Scheduled production date. It's supposed to lock red any day but they got my changes approved on the open allocation. I text my SA every week, we are friends at this point. I have screen shots of the the build report and all of it's details. I have a signed contract. If anything the delivery will push because the factory shuts down at the end of December and nothing moves. Which is why I am expecting a March delivery.

I absolutely love the GTS which is why I want the GTR. I have 10 exotics in my garage I have a little bit of everything. I think for the money the GTR is dollar for dollar one of the best buys on the market. We will see.

Originally Posted by thecutter64
Think again.

i put in an order in June for a gTS . The order received allocation in September with a Build date in late December.

BTw, why would you want a GTR after having a GtS for two years? ThEy are similar ; not that much difference to have both. I'd keep the Money and get some other exotic car like a McLaren 675 or 720.
The following 2 users liked this post by SANDOVAL:
Germancar1 (10-13-2017), thebishman (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
Oh you cut the line by sliding in the back door!

i stand corrected. Enjoy!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by thecutter64
Think again.

The GTR is just not the same car and a bargain at 25k over a GTS. Although I also believe my loaded GT was a bargain as well.....

Sandoval nice stable there. Very cool you hold GTS in such high esteem considering said collection.