Gtr in toronto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche, Audi
Originally Posted by AMG Canadian
Hi all -
I am expecting to take delivery of my GTR late November (just in time for the crap weather)

I appreciate reading all your posts about the PPF installations.........can you give me an idea of what the cost is for this PPF work?

Thanks in advance (My spec is iridium Silver metallic...I want to keep it looking original (not wanting to look matte)
Congrats! What dealer are you with?

Talk to Advanced Automotive, Marco for PPF if you are in Toronto area. Gone to him twice and very pleased with the work. Price depends on coverage, film brand/type and I’m guessing complexity (time to complete job). Shoot him an email.
The following users liked this post:
AMG Canadian (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 11:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16 AMG GTS, 17 Huracan, 18 GLE 43
I was supposed to receive my GTR on Sept. 29th which then became Oct 26th and now on a not confirmed date yet for delivery

GTR arrived in Halifax, but now in land lock for recall- electric motor for the aero according to the dealership

Spec is Black, black rims and Yellow stitching and yellow calipers......... a deposit in April

Will go straight into storage love them Canadian winters !

on the XPEL protection...

I had my Magno grey GTS dressed in in XPEL STEALTH , local Mississauga guy with a shop who did a awesome job and great price.. seen his work on McLaren's, bikes and many Mercedes
the GTS sides and front were done ..... saved the paint and held up to the nasty highway slingshots ! urghhh,SH## nothing like driving and hearing the ding

Also had the Huracan front, mirrors done as well and the GLE front dressed...XPEL was the way to go for me ! no complaints and hard to notice
AMG Canadian (11-10-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
Is there a recall?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:06 PM

C300
So it seems the car has arrived in Toronto but now there is a hold on it because of a part .
Anybody know how long it takes for a part to arrive from Germany?
Old 11-28-2017, 03:50 PM

2016 e550 cab
Hi, in considering ordering a gtr or GTC how long did the delivery took and did you guys got anything off MSRP
Old 11-28-2017, 03:58 PM

C300
Originally Posted by kamiar
Hi, in considering ordering a gtr or GTC how long did the delivery took and did you guys got anything off MSRP
Hey that’s a great decision but honestly I’m the wrong guy to ask I’ve been waiting for almost 9 months now so yes excruciatingly long and from what I’m hearing even if you get an allocation now you’re not getting anything until 2019. And they’re definitely isn’t any discounts on this car. Actually due to the shortage I can totally see buyers trying to sell way over MSRP.

At the moment it seems like my car is finally on the way here I’m picking it up on Friday if everything goes according to plan
Old 11-28-2017, 04:04 PM

2016 e550 cab
Originally Posted by Julienhi
Hey that’s a great decision but honestly I’m the wrong guy to ask I’ve been waiting for almost 9 months now so yes excruciatingly long and from what I’m hearing even if you get an allocation now you’re not getting anything until 2019. And they’re definitely isn’t any discounts on this car. Actually due to the shortage I can totally see buyers trying to sell way over MSRP.

At the moment it seems like my car is finally on the way here I’m picking it up on Friday if everything goes according to plan
I saw one selling 70k over sticker on Autotrader I believe it was 270 which at that price 570s sounds like a better deal, but thanks for the info I will visit the dealership see how long it takes they had a GTC Roadster last time was there so who knows it it turnout to be 2019 delivery I might just take what they got on the lot
Old 11-28-2017, 04:10 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 350d
Originally Posted by kamiar

I put a deposit down in January for a GT C Edition 50 Coupe, received confirmation of my spot in April / May and had the car in October. A lot of people complain about long waits but that really is just part of the process when people are putting up deposits for cars that don't yet have a release date and when the demand is that high. When I put my deposit down in January, there were few details on the car or how many would be coming to Canada and the dealer wasn't even sure they would be allotted one, so it wouldn't be fair to complain about the delay in the process. As well, my dealer was forthright that even if they could get me the car, the delivery could be as late as Spring 2018.

I'm loving the GT C coupe so far and I'm sure it will only get better once I get through the 1,600km break-in period.

As for price, my MB dealer has been fair on other more standard vehicle purchases, but when it comes to something as limited as these cars, you won't be getting a discount on a pre-order. If you're willing to buy a cart that ends up in dealership inventory, an MSRP discount may be up for discussion. That said, be happy that we don't have dealer markups in Canada like in the US and parts of Europe.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 PM

C300
I was supposed to receive my GTR on Sept. 29th which then became Oct 26th which has now been confirmed to be Nov. 21st.
Apparently the GTR arrived in Halifax on Oct 25th but now it has been detained for something to do with the defect to the electric motor in the front
active Aero?? (I had read about this issue in another thread on the forum).

Anyway I hope to be able to join you as a GTR brotherhood shortly........stay tuned.
Mine is iridium Silver with RXC rims and Yellow stitching on the performance seats spec..........been waiting for this "puppy" since April.

Look forward to meeting up one day........enjoy yours while you still can............I'm afraid mine will go straight into storage

Did you end up receiving it
Old 11-28-2017, 06:04 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Jtamindzic
I put a deposit down in January for a GT C Edition 50 Coupe, received confirmation of my spot in April / May and had the car in October. A lot of people complain about long waits but that really is just part of the process when people are putting up deposits for cars that don't yet have a release date and when the demand is that high. When I put my deposit down in January, there were few details on the car or how many would be coming to Canada and the dealer wasn't even sure they would be allotted one, so it wouldn't be fair to complain about the delay in the process. As well, my dealer was forthright that even if they could get me the car, the delivery could be as late as Spring 2018.

I'm loving the GT C coupe so far and I'm sure it will only get better once I get through the 1,600km break-in period.

As for price, my MB dealer has been fair on other more standard vehicle purchases, but when it comes to something as limited as these cars, you won't be getting a discount on a pre-order. If you're willing to buy a cart that ends up in dealership inventory, an MSRP discount may be up for discussion. That said, be happy that we don't have dealer markups in Canada like in the US and parts of Europe.
Where are you located is your car in storage yet or will you be driving it on the weekend
Old 11-28-2017, 09:24 PM

GLE 350d
Where are you located is your car in storage yet or will you be driving it on the weekend
Located in Oakville. Not in storage yet - trying to take advantage of the lack of snow (and road salting) for as long as I can.

Let me know if you end up getting yours on Friday - I would be up for a drive over the weekend if we can make it work...otherwise in the spring for sure.

if you take it out on the elevated part of the Gardiner Expressway, be sure to use Comfort mode as even regular sport is a back breaker with all of the bumps there. No issues with firmness on most other roads yet though.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:54 PM

C300
Located in Oakville. Not in storage yet - trying to take advantage of the lack of snow (and road salting) for as long as I can.

Let me know if you end up getting yours on Friday - I would be up for a drive over the weekend if we can make it work...otherwise in the spring for sure.

if you take it out on the elevated part of the Gardiner Expressway, be sure to use Comfort mode as even regular sport is a back breaker with all of the bumps there. No issues with firmness on most other roads yet though.
Sounds good I’ll ping you this weekend if I do get it that should be an interesting drive together!
How can you describe driving the car how does it feel how’s the power? What did you have before this?
Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GTS edition 1/ Bmw M5
Finally !!!!

Did you end up receiving it
Got the call from my dealer this morning that the car finally arrived at the dealership...........I visited today and saw it for the first time...........all I can say is WOW....its worth the wait! What a beauty.
There was a freeze on the car for almost 3 weeks at the VPC in Halifax as they sorted some issues to do with (I believe) the electric motor issue for the front Active Aero.
Now she's being prepared for me to pick up on Saturday.........I Surely wont sleep well for the next few nights

This has been a long process that started at the beginning of 2017.........allocation was given to me for an August build.........delivery will be December 2nd. (Basically almost a year from start to complete)
I'll post some pictures next week ...........what a gorgeous beast.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:10 PM

C300
Got the call from my dealer this morning that the car finally arrived at the dealership...........I visited today and saw it for the first time...........all I can say is WOW....its worth the wait! What a beauty.
There was a freeze on the car for almost 3 weeks at the VPC in Halifax as they sorted some issues to do with (I believe) the electric motor issue for the front Active Aero.
Now she's being prepared for me to pick up on Saturday.........I Surely wont sleep well for the next few nights

This has been a long process that started at the beginning of 2017.........allocation was given to me for an August build.........delivery will be December 2nd. (Basically almost a year from start to complete)
I'll post some pictures next week ...........what a gorgeous beast.
nice what spec ? Are you picking up in Toronto?
Old 11-29-2017, 08:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GTS edition 1/ Bmw M5
my spec?

nice what spec ? Are you picking up in Toronto?
Iridium silver metallic RXC rims performance seats with yellow stitching and seatbelts, carbon fiber inside package
The following 2 users liked this post by AMG Canadian:
MalibuScott (11-29-2017), thebishman (11-29-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i

Iridium silver metallic RXC rims performance seats with yellow stitching and seatbelts, carbon fiber inside package
Gorgeous!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:05 PM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
I ordered mine February of 2016. My car arrived at Halifax port on Monday. Just waiting on it to arrive to Mercedes Maple now.

They blamed my delay on a seat belt issue.

Its been the worst car buying experience of my life as I was left completely in the dark with in-answered emails and phone calls for 2 months. I know a few people that bought one, a year after me, and have had theirs for a week now.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:12 PM

C300
Hey I totally reciprocate your sentiment and I understand exactly how you feel I went through the same thing . My dealership was amazing and they always responded and they pushed to get things moving but the delays were still there and I had multiple delays I finally received the car last Saturday and it’s everything I dreamed of and you kind of forget about everything you went through after that
Originally Posted by AHI
I ordered mine February of 2016. My car arrived at Halifax port on Monday. Just waiting on it to arrive to Mercedes Maple now.

Its been the worst car buying experience of my life as I was left completely in the dark with in-answered emails and phone calls for 2 months. I know a few people that bought one, a year after me, and have had theirs for a week now.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:56 AM
AHI

AMG GTR
Hey I totally reciprocate your sentiment and I understand exactly how you feel I went through the same thing . My dealership was amazing and they always responded and they pushed to get things moving but the delays were still there and I had multiple delays I finally received the car last Saturday and it’s everything I dreamed of and you kind of forget about everything you went through after that
I think my dealer not being able to help me made the whole thing worse. I actually had to get a lawyer involved just get any glimpse of an answer at all. I think that's very sad. A major communication breakdown with a huge corporation, on one of their flagship products...

Last edited by AHI; 12-09-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:53 PM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by AHI
I think my dealer not being to help me made the whole thing worse. I actually had to get a lawyer involved just get any glimpse of an answer at all. I think that's very sad. A major communication breakdown with a huge corporation, on one of their flagship products...
"I ordered mine February of 2016. My car arrived at Halifax port on Monday. Just waiting on it to arrive to Mercedes Maple now.
Its been the worst car buying experience of my life as I was left completely in the dark with in-answered emails and phone calls for 2 months. I know a few people that bought one, a year after me, and have had theirs for a week now."

I totally understand your frustration with the process, but as a lawyer myself I think to many people set unrealistic expectations and don't understand the basis of their contracts with MB. You mention ordering the car in February 2016, though the car was not even officially launched until June 2016 and available for order until later in the year. Putting a deposit on a rumoured or future car does not count towards order time, and one should not then use that deposit date to establish when the car was ordered. Some people have deposits on the future AMG GT Black Series or the AMG GT Sedan....to complain about waiting for years for the cars would be unfair, as the cars don't even exist yet and are not available to order.

As for others receiving their cars before you, that could have to do with many factors such as delivery timing in other markets, your spec having options that were out of stock and caused delays, or even your dealer receiving a later allotment date or having others with an allotment ahead of you. As well, even though you put your deposit down a year before them, it is likely that the orders themselves actually went in weeks apart, and receiving your car within weeks of it arriving to port is actually a quick turnaround.

With respect to the actual contract with MB, in my case I did not even sign anything until my car hit the lot, meaning that I could have walked away and asked for my deposit to be returned at any point before then...the dealer didn't care because they knew they could resell the car if I did so, and I didn't worry, because I had an order sheet copy with my name on it. If you had signed a contract in advance, the contract is clear that if you don't receive your car within 90 days (or another date agreed to by both parties), you have the right to walk away. Those really are your only rights under the contract. I hope your lawyer was a friend or existing lawyer doing a freebie for you, and did not charge you for work that really could not lead to any fruitful results.

While it is completely valid to get frustrated in the circumstances, and while MB has a long way to go in improving customer service in that regard, that frustration is a very small price to pay in return for being among the first wave of buyers to receive such a special vehicle. Ultimately, I was very happy with my dealer, as he was pretty realistic about timelines throughout the process, though my car sat at port for almost two months with no updates, as MB corporate was not providing him with any. It did get a little aggravating, but he had warned me in advance, that with new cars, port clearance can take anywhere form a week to several months, so I was not surprised. Given how far along we have come with instant access to information, and quick turnaround with everything in our lives, it would make more sense for MB to provide a proper website, where you could enter your VIN prior to delivery and see a current status at all times, the way I have heard BMW does, and it makes you scratch your head that they don't do so. That said, we as buyers can also temper our expectations when it comes to the first round of a new vehicle model, and should be happy MB is not making us go through the Ferrari process to buy their flagship car.

At the end of the day, while I have heard many AMG GT buyers express their frustrations along the pre-delivery process, ranging from people on this forum to popular bloggers, I have not seen one express any frustration after receiving their car. AHI, it does suck that you will be receiving yours just before the snow hits us here in Toronto, but I am sure you will enjoy it and that the whole process will be an afterthought once you have it. I have been beyond thrilled with my GT C Coupe and can only imagine that the giddiness and excitement are only elevated in the GT R.

All the best and hope you get your vehicles this week, as expected.
California John (12-07-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 09:59 PM
AHI

AMG GTR
"I ordered mine February of 2016. My car arrived at Halifax port on Monday. Just waiting on it to arrive to Mercedes Maple now.
Its been the worst car buying experience of my life as I was left completely in the dark with in-answered emails and phone calls for 2 months. I know a few people that bought one, a year after me, and have had theirs for a week now."

I totally understand your frustration with the process, but as a lawyer myself I think to many people set unrealistic expectations and don't understand the basis of their contracts with MB. You mention ordering the car in February 2016, though the car was not even officially launched until June 2016 and available for order until later in the year. Putting a deposit on a rumoured or future car does not count towards order time, and one should not then use that deposit date to establish when the car was ordered. Some people have deposits on the future AMG GT Black Series or the AMG GT Sedan....to complain about waiting for years for the cars would be unfair, as the cars don't even exist yet and are not available to order.

As for others receiving their cars before you, that could have to do with many factors such as delivery timing in other markets, your spec having options that were out of stock and caused delays, or even your dealer receiving a later allotment date or having others with an allotment ahead of you. As well, even though you put your deposit down a year before them, it is likely that the orders themselves actually went in weeks apart, and receiving your car within weeks of it arriving to port is actually a quick turnaround.

With respect to the actual contract with MB, in my case I did not even sign anything until my car hit the lot, meaning that I could have walked away and asked for my deposit to be returned at any point before then...the dealer didn't care because they knew they could resell the car if I did so, and I didn't worry, because I had an order sheet copy with my name on it. If you had signed a contract in advance, the contract is clear that if you don't receive your car within 90 days (or another date agreed to by both parties), you have the right to walk away. Those really are your only rights under the contract. I hope your lawyer was a friend or existing lawyer doing a freebie for you, and did not charge you for work that really could not lead to any fruitful results.

While it is completely valid to get frustrated in the circumstances, and while MB has a long way to go in improving customer service in that regard, that frustration is a very small price to pay in return for being among the first wave of buyers to receive such a special vehicle. Ultimately, I was very happy with my dealer, as he was pretty realistic about timelines throughout the process, though my car sat at port for almost two months with no updates, as MB corporate was not providing him with any. It did get a little aggravating, but he had warned me in advance, that with new cars, port clearance can take anywhere form a week to several months, so I was not surprised. Given how far along we have come with instant access to information, and quick turnaround with everything in our lives, it would make more sense for MB to provide a proper website, where you could enter your VIN prior to delivery and see a current status at all times, the way I have heard BMW does, and it makes you scratch your head that they don't do so. That said, we as buyers can also temper our expectations when it comes to the first round of a new vehicle model, and should be happy MB is not making us go through the Ferrari process to buy their flagship car.

At the end of the day, while I have heard many AMG GT buyers express their frustrations along the pre-delivery process, ranging from people on this forum to popular bloggers, I have not seen one express any frustration after receiving their car. AHI, it does suck that you will be receiving yours just before the snow hits us here in Toronto, but I am sure you will enjoy it and that the whole process will be an afterthought once you have it. I have been beyond thrilled with my GT C Coupe and can only imagine that the giddiness and excitement are only elevated in the GT R.

All the best and hope you get your vehicles this week, as expected.

I was being ignored for two months. Your dealer gave you updates when you asked for it, mine never did. That was the only reason why I had lawyer (yes a friend) send in a request for simple information. We wanted to know why we had a vin, but no other info. I have two friends that received theirs earlier than I did, they were kept informed throughout the whole process, and although impatient, they had answers. I had none of this. The minute they received the letter, we got a response back about some seatbelt issue.

Whether I took deliver October or December, made no difference to me. It goes straight to storage. I was really just looking for some sort of communication, or acknowledgement.

On a positive note, my car did arrive at the creditstone yard on Friday. Looks like I’ll see the car Monday or Tuesday!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by AHI

I was being ignored for two months. Your dealer gave you updates when you asked for it, mine never did. That was the only reason why I had lawyer (yes a friend) send in a request for simple information. We wanted to know why we had a vin, but no other info. I have two friends that received theirs earlier than I did, they were kept informed throughout the whole process, and although impatient, they had answers. I had none of this. The minute they received the letter, we got a response back about some seatbelt issue.

Whether I took deliver October or December, made no difference to me. It goes straight to storage. I was really just looking for some sort of communication, or acknowledgement.

On a positive note, my car did arrive at the creditstone yard on Friday. Looks like I’ll see the car Monday or Tuesday!
Finally.

Congrats Ahi.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2020 GT 63s, 2020 G63, 2018 GTR, 2020 Ferrari Pista Spider, Ferrari 2018 812 SF, Ferrari 2019 Lusso
I had it wrapped by Marco at Advanced Automotive Films in North Mississauga and used XPEL Stealth. It seems to be rated as one of the best products for matte paint protection and I had spoken to a few Edition 50 owners in Europe who had used the same product and were thrilled by how invisible it is. As well, in my research online, Marco at advanced automobile films kept coming up as one of the better installers in the GTA, so that paired with him happening to be available when my car arrived made my choice an easy one. He did a great job!!
Wwhat is the cost to wrap the GTR in spell stealth?
Old 12-10-2017, 02:22 PM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by AHI

Fair enough - I was under the impression you were getting the same no info reply that most people seem to get from their dealerships, due to the info disconnect between MB Corporate and the dealers, and did not realize you were getting ignored outright. That would definitely be irritating and would lead me to find a new dealer going forward.

That said, great to here your car has landed and that you will be receiving it this week. Congrats!!
Old 12-19-2017, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
I believe the fine in Ontario, for not mounting it, is $60 and no demerit points. I took delivery without it mounted, as I think it looks better without and plan on taking my chances for a while before deciding what to do. Drove past a few ���� over the past few days and no issues so far.

Overall, if need be, I’ll go the tow hook route or some other form of mounting that does not require drilling into the front bumper.

Let me know if you get a meet-up organized. I live in Oakville and just got my GT C Coupe Edition 50 back from being wrapped in PPF and am trying to get a few weeks of driving in before putting it away for the winter.
You’re going to get tickets if you park in public places. Not worth the annoyance. I did that once on a far less flashy car, and got numerous tickets in Toronto. I think you get 1 or 2 points. Not worth it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.