Sponsored by:

Gtr in toronto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 10:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
Gtr in toronto

So I've got my car coming in this week wondering if anybody else im Toronto has a GTR would be great to meet up . At this point it's the end of the season but I'm just wondering who is receiving there is this week or who has one already in the city
Old 11-03-2017, 12:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A pair of AMG's
I wish! Waiting till spring here... what colour did you get/which dealer?
Old 11-04-2017, 01:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2020 GT 63s, 2020 G63, 2018 GTR, 2020 Ferrari Pista Spider, Ferrari 2018 812 SF, Ferrari 2019 Lusso

Picking up my car at dealer and bringing it home...😁

Originally Posted by Julienhi
So I've got my car coming in this week wondering if anybody else im Toronto has a GTR would be great to meet up . At this point it's the end of the season but I'm just wondering who is receiving there is this week or who has one already in the city
I picked up my car three weeks ago. Everything I expected.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 AMG GTC Coupe; 2015 RRS; 2017 Porsche 718S
Looks fantastic! Enjoy at least until the first snow fall.... Did you have a choice where to mount the front licence plate?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 AM

C300
Ya looks great, this wait is killing me.
you have to buy an adapter and put it on the tow hook
if anyone has a link to where to buy these in toronto I'll pick one up
Old 11-04-2017, 09:33 AM

I am not sure what you mean - I don't like it mounted on the side. I prefer to mount it in the centre like any other car. Is it not possible?
Old 11-04-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2020 GT 63s, 2020 G63, 2018 GTR, 2020 Ferrari Pista Spider, Ferrari 2018 812 SF, Ferrari 2019 Lusso
Originally Posted by AMGGTC
I am not sure what you mean - I don't like it mounted on the side. I prefer to mount it in the centre like any other car. Is it not possible?
I actually don’t mind it mounted on the side of the front bumper. It leaves the front nose from most angles pretty clean.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 350d
I believe the fine in Ontario, for not mounting it, is $60 and no demerit points. I took delivery without it mounted, as I think it looks better without and plan on taking my chances for a while before deciding what to do. Drove past a few ���� over the past few days and no issues so far.

Overall, if need be, I’ll go the tow hook route or some other form of mounting that does not require drilling into the front bumper.

Let me know if you get a meet-up organized. I live in Oakville and just got my GT C Coupe Edition 50 back from being wrapped in PPF and am trying to get a few weeks of driving in before putting it away for the winter.

Last edited by Jtamindzic; 11-05-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typo from autocorrect
Old 11-05-2017, 12:42 PM

C300
Sounds good I drove my C 6 3S with no problems at all got pulled over once in eight months
If I get it this week and there’s no snow yes let’s definitely meet up

Originally Posted by Jtamindzic
I believe the fine in Ontario, for not mounting it is $60 and no demerit points. I took delivery without it mounted, as I think it looks better without and plan on taking my chances for a while before deciding what to do. Drove past a few 👮🏻 over the past few days and no issues so far.

Overall, if need be, I’ll go the tow hook route or some other form of mounting that does not require drilling into the front number.

let me know if you get a meet-up organized. I live in Oakville and just got my GT C Coupe Edition 50 back from being wrapped in PPF and am trying to get a few weeks of driving in before putting it away for the winter.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 AMG GT S
I just put my front plate behind the passenger side of the windshield for a longer trip recently (driving and taking the ferry to attend the AMG Performance Tour in Vancouver Island).
I have driven my GT S without the plate since acquiring it last June, no issues so far.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:38 PM

I believe the fine in Ontario, for not mounting it, is $60 and no demerit points. I took delivery without it mounted, as I think it looks better without and plan on taking my chances for a while before deciding what to do. Drove past a few ���� over the past few days and no issues so far.

Overall, if need be, I’ll go the tow hook route or some other form of mounting that does not require drilling into the front bumper.

Let me know if you get a meet-up organized. I live in Oakville and just got my GT C Coupe Edition 50 back from being wrapped in PPF and am trying to get a few weeks of driving in before putting it away for the winter.
Thanks for the info. I am going to instruct my dealer not to install a front plate.

on another topic - where did you have your car wrapped? What product did you use?
Old 11-05-2017, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche, Audi
Awesome! I'm new here. Most of my time is on Rennlist. I have a deposit on a GT R. Curious to see one outside of an auto show. Do you guys meet up anywhere in West GTA?

Last edited by Speedkeensb; 11-05-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:16 PM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by AMGGTC
Thanks for the info. I am going to instruct my dealer not to install a front plate.

on another topic - where did you have your car wrapped? What product did you use?
I had it wrapped by Marco at Advanced Automotive Films in North Mississauga and used XPEL Stealth. It seems to be rated as one of the best products for matte paint protection and I had spoken to a few Edition 50 owners in Europe who had used the same product and were thrilled by how invisible it is. As well, in my research online, Marco at advanced automobile films kept coming up as one of the better installers in the GTA, so that paired with him happening to be available when my car arrived made my choice an easy one. He did a great job!!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche, Audi
I had it wrapped by Marco at Advanced Automotive Films in North Mississauga and used XPEL Stealth. It seems to be rated as one of the best products for matte paint protection and I had spoken to a few Edition 50 owners in Europe who had used the same product and were thrilled by how invisible it is. As well, in my research online, Marco at advanced automobile films kept coming up as one of the better installers in the GTA, so that paired with him happening to be available when my car arrived made my choice an easy one. He did a great job!!
+1 for Marco. He did my 911 and A6.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GTC Edition 50

@Jtamindzic What material did you get it wrapped in? Given all of the discussion on the specific types given a matte or glass finish, I'm curious. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 PM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by lovevino
@Jtamindzic What material did you get it wrapped in? Given all of the discussion on the specific types given a matte or glass finish, I'm curious. Thanks!
XPEL Stealth. My car has a Magno paint (matte), and based on others I spoke to with the same paint colour, this one seemed to be the most invisible. I can’t notice any difference in colour after the wrap, but my installer had said that there was a slight noticeable difference when installing but he found the wrap almost improved the finish by adding some more satin to it.

If your paint isn’t matte, you can use XPEL Ultimate to keep the original look or if you use XPEL Stealth, it will make your car look like it’s original colour but with a matte finish.
The following users liked this post:
lovevino (11-29-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 07:38 AM

XPEL Stealth. My car has a Magno paint (matte), and based on others I spoke to with the same paint colour, this one seemed to be the most invisible. I can’t notice any difference in colour after the wrap, but my installer had said that there was a slight noticeable difference when installing but he found the wrap almost improved the finish by adding some more satin to it.

If your paint isn’t matte, you can use XPEL Ultimate to keep the original look or if you use XPEL Stealth, it will make your car look like it’s original colour but with a matte finish.
Thank you for the info. Mine is going to be magno (getting it in January after more than a year wait....). I would appreciate more info re installer, cost, etc.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E class
Any paint protection film will leave a satin finish. It is a clear coatt. Not ideal if you are wanting the Matte finish look.

If you are concidering paint protection film look into 3M Pro Series, it has all the benifits of a top-tier paint film, self healing (like Expel), durable, plus a 10 year warranty.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:16 PM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by Starshield
Any paint protection film will leave a satin finish. It is a clear coatt. Not ideal if you are wanting the Matte finish look.

If you are concidering paint protection film look into 3M Pro Series, it has all the benifits of a top-tier paint film, self healing (like Expel), durable, plus a 10 year warranty.

The XPEL Stealth was made specifically for Matte finishes and to give standard finishes a matte look. The slight satin it gives off is no different than the satin that Mercedes MAGNO finishes already has. I have already had mine wrapped and there is no noticeable difference pre and post wrap.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:49 AM

C300
So I’ve got the matte finish and was considering not using xpell I’m just putting ceramic pro all over the car would this still offer decent protection ?
Old 11-09-2017, 12:57 AM

GLE 350d
So I’ve got the matte finish and was considering not using xpell I’m just putting ceramic pro all over the car would this still offer decent protection ?
I'm not sure. We have a glass coating on my wife's GLE (product we used is 22PLE) which is supposed to compare to ceramic coatings, and we have a few rock chips on the hood / bumper. That said, those rock chips may have been substantial enough to damage XPEL as well. The other things to keep in mind are that most coatings last 2-3 years (depending on the coating) whereas the PPF is warrantied for 10 years (barring damage, could be expected to last that long), so if the vehicle is a keeper and not a 3-4 year lease, multiple coatings will add up to the cost of the PPF eventually.

As well, I would be sure to find out whether the ceramic changes the look of MAGNO. I know the 22PLE is super glossy and essentially seems like a secondary clear coat of greater strength. The gloss makes our metallic black GLE look great but not sure it would have the desired effect on MAGNO. That said, maybe there are special coatings for matte finishes.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:57 AM

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTR, G63, Mclaren 675 LT S, 991 GT3 RS, 991 GT3, many more
Originally Posted by Starshield

that is not true. My normal cars are wrapped and have no satin finish.

I have my whole car wrapped in Xpel Stealth and purposely left 1 opposing panel untouched to see the difference. Over 10 people looked at the car a no one could spot it. That panel is now wrapped.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:59 AM

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTR, G63, Mclaren 675 LT S, 991 GT3 RS, 991 GT3, many more
From elements, like birds yes, from rock chips, no. The problem is you can't touch up and sand matte like you can a normal finish, hence the necessity to wrap it if you care about chips etc.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:20 PM

GTS edition 1/ Bmw M5
cost of the Xpel installation?

Hi all -
I am expecting to take delivery of my GTR late November (just in time for the crap weather)

I appreciate reading all your posts about the PPF installations.........can you give me an idea of what the cost is for this PPF work?

Thanks in advance (My spec is iridium Silver metallic...I want to keep it looking original (not wanting to look matte)
Old 11-09-2017, 05:27 PM

GTS edition 1/ Bmw M5
I was supposed to receive my GTR on Sept. 29th which then became Oct 26th which has now been confirmed to be Nov. 21st.
Apparently the GTR arrived in Halifax on Oct 25th but now it has been detained for something to do with the defect to the electric motor in the front
active Aero?? (I had read about this issue in another thread on the forum).

Anyway I hope to be able to join you as a GTR brotherhood shortly........stay tuned.
Mine is iridium Silver with RXC rims and Yellow stitching on the performance seats spec..........been waiting for this "puppy" since April.

Look forward to meeting up one day........enjoy yours while you still can............I'm afraid mine will go straight into storage

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.