Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:54 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
1997 SL600, 2017 AMG GTS
If you want steak, Sullivan's Steakhouse is local, and good.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:08 AM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
I ate at sullivans in Austin when I was their for the formula one race, they're all over the country and owned by Del Frisco's.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:29 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
Gloria's Latin Cuisine is another great choice. Upscale food and decor - and margaritas
6th & Lavaca

Eddie V's for steak and seafood.
5th & San Jacinto

Last edited by Clark Kent; 12-06-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GTC Edition 50
Just got the email today about 2018 dates being set!

Come Celebrate the 10 Year Anniversary of the U.S. AMG Driving Academy!

After an action-packed 2017, the U.S. AMG Driving Academy is returning to four of the most famous tracks in American Motorsport for another year of edge of your seat thrills!

2018 U.S. AMG Driving Academy Racetracks

• Circuit of the Americas
  • Laguna Seca Raceway
  • Lime Rock Park
  • Road Atlanta

We wanted you to be the first to know that 2018 track dates are now live and REGISTRATION IS OFFICIALLY OPEN! Click the button below or visit www.amgacademy.com/schedule to reserve your seat with the #WorldsFastestFamily!

At the track you will see, feel, and experience five progressive tiers of driving instruction - PERFORMANCE (formally known as BASIC), ADVANCED, PRO, PRO+, DRIFT EXPERIENCE. These levels are perfect for beginning your performance driving training journey or continuing to build upon where you had left off previously. Please visit our website for a full description of each program and the overall curriculum.

We look forward to seeing you in 2018 #atthetrack!
Old 12-05-2017, 05:48 PM

Received 379 Likes on 159 Posts
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Registered for four days straight of awesomeness at Road Atlanta from May 20 to May 23rd (advanced & pro).
Old 12-05-2017, 11:44 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
1997 SL600, 2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by CLS63AMG15NC
I ate at sullivans in Austin when I was their for the formula one race, they're all over the country and owned by Del Frisco's.
Well, hell, I did not know that. Was it good, at least?
Old 12-06-2017, 06:24 AM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
Road Atlanta is a crazy track. I did my advanced there and got to see grass and rocks a through the back stretch
Old 12-07-2017, 09:50 PM

2010 C63
Gentlemen, I could use your help. My M156 engine (2010 C63) experienced a fatal event just over a week ago and it is essentially not repairable - meaning not cost effective to do so. I had two different shops diagnose the car and both are leaning towards a crank bearing disintegration. The thread discussing this is in the W204 forum . . .
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-failure.html

The M156 definitely has its well known weaknesses (headbolts, cams, cam adjusters, lifters) and although my failure may not be directly related to any of those, the consensus is that the lower end of the M156 is quite sturdy and so my situation is an anomaly. I feel that my engine and my time with my beloved C63 has met a premature demise. That said, I find facing the dilemma having to buy a new engine/prep/installation or walk away from my track oriented now paperweight to be a distressing situation.

I am requesting your assistance should you have any AMG contacts that would be willing to discuss with me the possibility of MB/AMG making a goodwill gesture and contributing to the resurrection of my car.

I know a number of you are arriving in Austin (where I live) for the Driving Academy this weekend. I too am quite experienced at CoTA. I have nearly 20 days of track events with 4-5 sessions per day under my belt there and I loathe the thought of not going back for more.

I feel that I have been a superb AMG ambassador at that track as plenty of more track capable cars have been caught and passed allowing those drivers an opportunity to enjoy the exhaust note of the 6.208L NA V8 - and I would hope that representatives of AMG or other contacts that you may have would be proud to have me back out there doing my best to always catch and pass the next driver ahead of me.

Please bear with me as I am going to create a thread in your forum stating verbatim everything above in order to gain addition exposure to the GT/GTS/GTR audience. Thanks in advance. And if any of you would like to meet and enjoy some post-track/Academy discussions in the evenings please feel free to pm me.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 705 Likes on 535 Posts
R Nine T
Looking forward to getting out of Atlanta snow storm.

I’ll be at Trulucks tomorrow night. Anyone else PM me.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Clark Kent
Gentlemen, I could use your help. My M156 engine (2010 C63) experienced a fatal event just over a week ago and it is essentially not repairable - meaning not cost effective to do so. I had two different shops diagnose the car and both are leaning towards a crank bearing disintegration. The thread discussing this is in the W204 forum . . .
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-failure.html

The M156 definitely has its well known weaknesses (headbolts, cams, cam adjusters, lifters) and although my failure may not be directly related to any of those, the consensus is that the lower end of the M156 is quite sturdy and so my situation is an anomaly. I feel that my engine and my time with my beloved C63 has met a premature demise. That said, I find facing the dilemma having to buy a new engine/prep/installation or walk away from my track oriented now paperweight to be a distressing situation.

I am requesting your assistance should you have any AMG contacts that would be willing to discuss with me the possibility of MB/AMG making a goodwill gesture and contributing to the resurrection of my car.

I know a number of you are arriving in Austin (where I live) for the Driving Academy this weekend. I too am quite experienced at CoTA. I have nearly 20 days of track events with 4-5 sessions per day under my belt there and I loathe the thought of not going back for more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_SpZK3c2jg

I feel that I have been a superb AMG ambassador at that track as plenty of more track capable cars have been caught and passed allowing those drivers an opportunity to enjoy the exhaust note of the 6.208L NA V8 - and I would hope that representatives of AMG or other contacts that you may have would be proud to have me back out there doing my best to always catch and pass the next driver ahead of me.

Please bear with me as I am going to create a thread in your forum stating verbatim everything above in order to gain addition exposure to the GT/GTS/GTR audience. Thanks in advance. And if any of you would like to meet and enjoy some post-track/Academy discussions in the evenings please feel free to pm me.

Sorry for your problems but short of contributing to a Go Fund Me Account I doubt there is anything any of the members here can do. Your fight is with Mercedes and with no warranty OEM or otherwise I think you are going to have to go out of pocket if you want to keep the car.

FWIW: I was at my dealer and saw a SL55 that grenaded an engine. My understanding is that it will cost $30k for a pan to air cleaner replacement.

Last edited by JSwan724; 12-11-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:13 AM

2010 C63
I have no fight with Mercedes or AMG.
And I am not asking for forum members $$. Wouldn't accept it even if it was offered.
My grenaded engine is all on me.
My point being, I am open to some corporate 'sponsorship' to trade visibility/advertisement for contributions to get me back on track.
Sort of like "Weistec" written across a windshield at the drag strip, or "Hayabusa" on MMA shorts. Or "AMG" somewhere on my bucket of bolts. lol

My invite to DA participants is social only ... to discuss DA, CoTA, GT-R, etc and not MY PROBLEM. Offer still stands.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
2018 dates should be up in late January or Feb.. You need to have the VIN # of your car and purchase completed to register

You'll have a blast... level 1 is free (1895 regular).

Four tracks in the US... COTA, Laguna, Atlanta Motorsports park and Lime Rock.. eliminated Palm Springs Int'l
and Road Atlanta as well. AMP ( Atlanta Motorsports), is just awful. The straight has a dangerous kink and you end straight going down into a very tight 180 degree turn. No chance to let your car go here.

Rest of track short up and down sweeping turns which are just ok. Avoid this gig IMO.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Just finished 2 days at COTA.

First off cheers go to “ G”, Eric, Louis and of course Dr love “light switch “! You guys made this event a blast!

COTA is immaculate and the staff pulled off a class event and I became a lot better driver as a result.

Driving impressions. The E63s was a disappointment, great straight line acceleration, but floating all around the twisties, despite AWD.

Whoever thinks GTRs are not that different than GTs are flat out wrong. Driving back to back flat out the GT lacks the massive grip, balance and sheer speed that the big body GTR delivers. The GT actually feels smallish in comparison. Despite all of that, the GT is a great handling car with great torque, high limit and is a lot of fun tossing around.

Time for plane. Great trip.
The following 2 users liked this post by AMG 17GT:
lovevino (12-14-2017), thebishman (12-12-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507 / 2010 E550 Sedan / 2006 SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Just finished 2 days at COTA.

First off cheers go to “ G”, Eric, Louis and of course Dr love “light switch “! You guys made this event a blast!

COTA is immaculate and the staff pulled off a class event and I became a lot better driver as a result.

Driving impressions. The E63s was a disappointment, great straight line acceleration, but floating all around the twisties, despite AWD.

Whoever thinks GTRs are not that different than GTs are flat out wrong. Driving back to back flat out the GT lacks the massive grip, balance and sheer speed that the big body GTR delivers. The GT actually feels smallish in comparison. Despite all of that, the GT is a great handling car with great torque, high limit and is a lot of fun tossing around.

Time for plane. Great trip.
AMG 17GT, I completely agree that the AMG GTR and the GTS are two completely different experiences. After driving the GTR I didn't wanted to drive any other car in the fleet, Maybe the SLS Black Series! I Felt that the E63 was a very capable sedan, but I see this car as a better family hauler at great speed and luxury. In the 1/4 mile should be a monster, but I wouldn't bother racing this car in a circuit like COTA. The car is mostly suited for streetlight racing rather than circuit racing,
Old 12-14-2017, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by DrLove
AMG 17GT, I completely agree that the AMG GTR and the GTS are two completely different experiences. After driving the GTR I didn't wanted to drive any other car in the fleet, Maybe the SLS Black Series! I Felt that the E63 was a very capable sedan, but I see this car as a better family hauler at great speed and luxury. In the 1/4 mile should be a monster, but I wouldn't bother racing this car in a circuit like COTA. The car is mostly suited for streetlight racing rather than circuit racing,

So do you have your GTR on order yet??

Last edited by JSwan724; 12-14-2017 at 06:59 AM.