Sponsored by:

Who Wants My GTR Allocation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by Quickburn7

More pics of my Agate and although I do agree if you can only have either the GT3 or the GTR the GT3 is the car to have the agate is grey not brown.

Very impressive garage!
Old 02-25-2018, 06:34 AM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Dahatsu handi
Originally Posted by guynamedsean
I love the Miami blue.

You should really consider the warnings about the car only making power at higher RPMs. I would actually rather have a 911 GTS or a 911T over the 911 GT3 for street driving. The only big advantage is that they don't depreciate much.

you have made made a mistake in my opinion buying a GT3 for San Fran.
i bought a 991.2 manual GT3 and was of the opinion it was going to be a beast. However I Was disappointed with the low down torque and could only get enjoyment and a good response at over 5000 REVS .
i was not tracking my car and thought the car very compliant and standard in city driving offering little enjoyment . So a after a week of ownership I sold it .
Today I ordered a GTR and what a beast it is . It will give me the fun down low beastiality I want at "just driving it" the motor sounds unvelieveable ... not like a dak dak ...
the issue with the gtr is the build quality doors seems light and flimsy compared to 911.. size of the cabin is small , shame really though the car looks amazing, I'm getting black. With yellow stitching.
FYI I use to have a twin turbo 911 which was a great car though again took a bit of work to get maximum enjoyment .
Max enjoyment comes from 1900 REVS in the black hell beast..
anyway you won't lose too much money on your 911, you can always sell it and get back in your ****ty Lexus again.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Having both a GT3RS and AMG GTR in my garage I will say they are both amazing and you can't go wrong with either. I did spend three days at the AMG Academy in the GTR and absolutely fell in love with the GTR. It sealed the deal on my GTR order. I have a $205K spec so it's pretty loaded. Ironically my RS is also a $205K Spec. I find the GTR to more exciting than the RS. I have a bunch of cars to compare against and at the end of the day I am head over heals for the GTR. It's just a blast and does everything right for me personally.

The following 2 users liked this post by SANDOVAL:
muhri (02-26-2018), thebishman (02-27-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 05:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Dahatsu handi
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Having both a GT3RS and AMG GTR in my garage I will say they are both amazing and you can't go wrong with either. I did spend three days at the AMG Academy in the GTR and absolutely fell in love with the GTR. It sealed the deal on my GTR order. I have a $205K spec so it's pretty loaded. Ironically my RS is also a $205K Spec. I find the GTR to more exciting than the RS. I have a bunch of cars to compare against and at the end of the day I am head over heals for the GTR. It's just a blast and does everything right for me personally.

great looking garage ...
would have to agree the bottom end power/ torque in the RS is not match for the GTR ?
what would you compare the build quality like between both cars ?

Old 02-25-2018, 06:43 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL

Isn't your RS for sale? What are you going to replace it with?

Last edited by RobbieRob; 02-25-2018 at 06:55 PM.