Sponsored by:

Fully wrapped GTC Edition 50

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 12:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GTC Edition 50
Fully wrapped GTC Edition 50

Pretty excited to get my car back after a full wrap. The place did a great job documenting the process. Check out the video!

The following users liked this post:
ronin amg (02-20-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 01:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
AMG GTC
Is that Metropolitan Detail? How much did that cost? My GTC roadster is ready in a few days and I was planning to make them one of my first stops.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:45 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
14 E63S Wagon, 16 GTS Edition1 (Sold), 17 SL450 designo edition
Looks like Metropolitan to me. I ran into John Klevan the owner at Exotics @ Redmond Town Center last year and Stek is evidently the next best product to possibly replace Expel Ulitimate which he installed on my Edition 1 a couple years ago. He also told me they are having a new facility built in Redmond and plan on moving in around April.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:04 PM

2018 GTC Edition 50
Yes, Metropolitan Detail. By far not the cheapest place out there but great customer service and top notch quality work - upwards of $10K for the entire car wrapped with tinting. I'm considering having him also wrap the chrome door handles to match the smoked-out/black chrome everywhere else.

BTW - it's good to see some Pacific Northwest contingent on the forum. @Descolada - Would love to check out your roadster when you get it. I contemplated one, but settled on the Edition 50 Coupe.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by lovevino
Yes, Metropolitan Detail. By far not the cheapest place out there but great customer service and top notch quality work - upwards of $10K for the entire car wrapped with tinting. I'm considering having him also wrap the chrome door handles to match the smoked-out/black chrome everywhere else.

BTW - it's good to see some Pacific Northwest contingent on the forum. @Descolada - Would love to check out your roadster when you get it. I contemplated one, but settled on the Edition 50 Coupe.
wow, pricey but looks awesome and well worth it

congrats and gorgeous car.. I love the GTC coupe and cab
lovevino (02-07-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
wow, pricey but looks awesome and well worth it

congrats and gorgeous car.. I love the GTC coupe and cab
So, do dealers prefer wrapped cars and do they bring more at trade time?
Old 02-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by JSwan724

So, do dealers prefer wrapped cars and do they bring more at trade time?
honestly.. usually no.... I think the used car trader and appraisers are always weary of whats underneath after its pulled off.. which you and I know it'll be perfect.. but thats just the way they are. I have to fight and haggle sometimes with them to get better trade numbers to make deals. most of them are stuck in the dark ages. Most of the time they just don't care about it or anything aftermarket (most aftermarket stuff hurts).

If the car is maybe 2 years old and has a full clear wrap it may help the value, but if its shows any wear and its a 5 year old car and its been on a couple years, they get nervous

Mercedes USA offers dupont paint protection.. a MB product.. could help trade in if you trade back to a MB dealer.. but its not really for rock chips..
JSwan724 (02-08-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 06:00 PM

Received 378 Likes on 159 Posts
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
They did an awesome job.

Interesting that they went custom as opposed to using the template cutouts ... considering that you're not doing matte over gloss where the edges would show, cutouts would have saved you some pennies.
lovevino (02-07-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I agree. I would have requested templates as a razor blade coming close to the car is a NO NO in my book. Looks like they did an amazing job and that's what matters.
Originally Posted by soulsea
They did an awesome job.

Interesting that they went custom as opposed to using the template cutouts ... considering that you're not doing matte over gloss where the edges would show, cutouts would have saved you some pennies.
lovevino (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by emericr
I agree. I would have requested templates as a razor blade coming close to the car is a NO NO in my book. Looks like they did an amazing job and that's what matters.
Anyone using a razor blade should be out of the business. There are special tools that actually ‘score’ the film from what I’ve been told. The paint should never be damaged.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:26 PM

AMG GTC
Yeah, they quoted me about the same for mine. I get to pick up my car from the dealer tomorrow, drive it for the weekend, and then drop it of at Met Detail Monday morning.

Btw, thanks for giving them experience in a full wrap of this exact car ;-)

I'll PM you when I get it back. My big decision point wasn't so much coupe versus convertible as it was matte vs metallic gray (I went metallic) and would love to see one of these in matte in person.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:59 AM

2018 GTC Edition 50
Nice - a buddy of mine has a GTS Edition One in the metallic, and it looks stunning. Congrats on your new whip - did you get it from Seattle or Bellevue? Have fun driving it this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:19 PM

2018 GTC Edition 50
Originally Posted by descolada
Is that Metropolitan Detail? How much did that cost? My GTC roadster is ready in a few days and I was planning to make them one of my first stops.

This your ride? Looks great!
Facebook Post
Old 02-14-2018, 02:00 PM

AMG GTC
Yup, that's mine :-)

I put 540 miles on it in the 4 days I had it and am very much looking forward to getting it back and finishing up the break-in when I get it back. It looks like he is at it with a clay bar in those pics. How long did your full wrap take?

I did manage to take some photos this weekend and will get around to posting them at some point.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:52 AM

2018 GTC Edition 50
I'm jealous of the mileage. I was traveling during the nice weather here in Seattle. I've had my ride since mid December, and I still only have 250 miles on it! My wrap took 3 weeks, but that also included a tint. Given the weather we had (and a little travel), it didn't matter too much. Given the investment, I'd rather they keep it longer and do it perfectly - which they did. Love the wrap they used as dirt and water roll off. Look forward to the pics.