Ceramic Paint Coating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GTs
Ceramic Paint Coating

Gentleman,

Anyone have experience with CERAMIC PRO ....I’ve used Opti Coat and had great results. I know most of this is prep and applicator knowledge.
Ive used a well known offsite shop ....the MB DEALER has good reputation...detail guy. He says he uses Diamond Coat exclusively.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by Stentplacer; 02-18-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Wrong info
Old 02-18-2018, 07:08 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by Stentplacer
Gentleman,

Anyone have experience with CERAMIC PRO ....I’ve used Opti Coat and had great results. I know most of this is prep and applicator knowledge.
Ive used a well known offsite shop ....the MB DEALER has good reputation...detail guy. He says he uses Diamond Coat exclusively.
Any thoughts?
I would recommend going to cqfinest.com and searching for an authorized c Quartz installer.
The following users liked this post:
Stentplacer (02-18-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 07:24 AM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
I have the matte clear bra and ceramic pro on top of it, it has done great for me. I'd ask about the 5 year self-healing ceramic pro is supposedly the best on the market!
The following users liked this post:
Stentplacer (02-19-2018)
Old 09-20-2021, 08:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 AMG GTS —- 2018 GT C Roadster
Considering getting ceramic coating on my 2018 GTC. Any suggestions/advice/experiences? Also any recommendations for an installer in the Las Vegas area? Thanks
Old 09-20-2021, 10:07 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Originally Posted by perasmu01
Considering getting ceramic coating on my 2018 GTC. Any suggestions/advice/experiences? Also any recommendations for an installer in the Las Vegas area? Thanks
1-wherever you go for the job, let them do their thing with whichever coating brand they use as they will be used to working with it and that will lead to the job being done correctly.

2-looks to be a place called Madhouse Detailing and Customs near you on Russell Rd. in Vegas who is GTechniq accredited.

3-based on my uses and experience, GTechniq and Kamikaze Collection are the two nicest to use “pro-sumer” grade coatings and ease of use. Anything from GTechniq, Kamikaze, CarPro, Gyeon and you’ll be fine, no need to overthink it and look beyond those brands.

Good luck in the journey, I was a coating skeptic until I learned it, understood it, and use it on several types of vehicles……now is a MUST to me, so much easier in cleaning the car.
Coating the wheels is a must too!
Old 09-20-2021, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by dlefty
1-wherever you go for the job, let them do their thing with whichever coating brand they use as they will be used to working with it and that will lead to the job being done correctly.

2-looks to be a place called Madhouse Detailing and Customs near you on Russell Rd. in Vegas who is GTechniq accredited.

3-based on my uses and experience, GTechniq and Kamikaze Collection are the two nicest to use “pro-sumer” grade coatings and ease of use. Anything from GTechniq, Kamikaze, CarPro, Gyeon and you’ll be fine, no need to overthink it and look beyond those brands.

Good luck in the journey, I was a coating skeptic until I learned it, understood it, and use it on several types of vehicles……now is a MUST to me, so much easier in cleaning the car.

Thanks for the thoughtful and helpful response. I’ve spent more time debating getting the ceramic coating done than I would want to admit.

I’ll try to run by a couple of shops this week. With the “hot” season ending here I’ll be taking the car out more often.

thanks again.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:20 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GTS, Mercedes 6.9, 190SL
I'm a do it yourself kinda guy. For sure there is no comparison between the durability of professional and DIY ceramic coatings. But for those DIYers, I recently used Avalon King's coating on my new to me GT including the wheels. First time I had tried it. It's very easy to use but I also can't imagine it being as durable as the products I've used in the past just based on how not aggressively it coats things you aren't trying to coat (application cloths, your gloves, etc). If you are not experienced with coatings and want to play it safe it seems a good option. I'll try to update when I have a better idea of how long it lasts.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Eyeman89
I'm a do it yourself kinda guy. For sure there is no comparison between the durability of professional and DIY ceramic coatings. But for those DIYers, I recently used Avalon King's coating on my new to me GT including the wheels. First time I had tried it. It's very easy to use but I also can't imagine it being as durable as the products I've used in the past just based on how not aggressively it coats things you aren't trying to coat (application cloths, your gloves, etc). If you are not experienced with coatings and want to play it safe it seems a good option. I'll try to update when I have a better idea of how long it lasts.

Thanks for your perspective. Unfortunately DIY is not an option for me for this type of project. My short attention span does not lend itself well to projects like this that require some patience and attention to detail

thanks
Old 09-23-2021, 09:13 PM

X

Last edited by perasmu01; 09-23-2021 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Posted in errir
Old 09-23-2021, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by dlefty

if I can bother you another question. I went to a Qtechniq shop and got the following quote Not sure if you did the coating yourself or had an installer do it but does this approach and pricing look reasonable ( if you know)

$2400 includes-
Thorough wash
Pad and chemical decontamination
Multi step paint correction
1 coat ofGtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra
2 coats of Gtechniq Exov4
Complete detail
Wheels off ( ceramic coat wheels and calipers)
I appreciate your help.

Old 09-25-2021, 12:26 PM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTS, Ford Raptor and Tesla Model 3 dual motor
I just did mine using avalon king and the results look great. However, it took me an entire day to prep the car: wash, iron removal, clay, compound, polish and alcohol wipe down. If you are not a DIY I would go to Lusso Auto Spa in Henderson, they are an authorized Ceramic Pro dealer. I have used them for many things such as my PPF for all my cars. The secret to a good ceramic coating is the preparation for the coating. Regardless of which coating you use, if the prep is not done right it will reflect in the results of the coating.
Also I am here in Lake Las Vegas too and should you ever want to go run the cars let me know.

Old 09-25-2021, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 872 Likes on 451 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Wow...that is beautiful. At first glance, my eyes were deceiving me. I thought, that is a very unusual wrap...then, no, that is not a wrap, it's a very unusual hood scoop...then no, that's the reflection of the garage ceiling....LOL...reflection of garage door still looks like a wild hood scoop if I squint......

Beautiful!!
Old 09-26-2021, 09:58 AM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Originally Posted by perasmu01
if I can bother you another question. I went to a Qtechniq shop and got the following quote Not sure if you did the coating yourself or had an installer do it but does this approach and pricing look reasonable ( if you know)

$2400 includes-
Thorough wash
Pad and chemical decontamination
Multi step paint correction
1 coat ofGtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra
2 coats of Gtechniq Exov4
Complete detail
Wheels off ( ceramic coat wheels and calipers)
I appreciate your help.
To do it properly:
Wash=MUST
Decontamination=MUST
Paint Correction=only if needed, if needed, only if wanted by you….if many swirls and or marring then do, if not, skip
The base coat of CSU and 2 coats of Exo is normal
wheels off to coat wheels and calipers=absolutely!

price you posted is not by any means out of line or outrageous, I don’t know your local market to have an opinion on it.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
[QUOTE=badbenzz;8424983]I just did mine using avalon king and the results look great. However, it took me an entire day to prep the car: wash, iron removal, clay, compound, polish and alcohol wipe down. If you are not a DIY I would go to Lusso Auto Spa in Henderson, they are an authorized Ceramic Pro dealer. I have used them for many things such as my PPF for all my cars. The secret to a good ceramic coating is the preparation for the coating. Regardless of which coating you use, if the prep is not done right it will reflect in the results of the coating.
Also I am here in Lake Las Vegas too and should you ever want to go run the cars let me know.

Result!

Could you tell us other products you used to clean.