Sponsored by:

Jittering at low speeds in traffic on 2016 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 06:05 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GTS, 2017 S550 Cabriolet, 2015 911Turbo S 2016Q5, 2008 Z06
Originally Posted by zkalra
I live in India. Doubt these numbers will help but still let me try. Tks.
Here is the link to MB India. Kinda surprised you were not aware of it.
http://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/conte..._Frontend.html
Old 12-11-2016, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 193 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Well there must be a continental corporate division.

I don't want to sound like an ***, but there are a lot more people in India then there are cars ......how are the roads there and where do you drive the GT?
I am in India now for a few weeks and have been visiting for three decades. We have a house here as well. The roads are awful. About the worst you can imagine. There are occasional respites from constant speed bumps, potholes and gravelly ditches, but overall it is totally awful for a car such as the GTS. The car would lose half its undercarriage in a day! Alright- some exaggeration...but I just can't imagine having a car like my GTS here - unless it were in some urban area with somewhat decent roads - and then it would just be to cruise some local evening hangout.

Children, adults, rickshaws, oxen, cows, chickens and animals of all types wander into the roads constantly without the slightest consideration that there might be a car or truck on it. Rules of the road are practically non-existent. A much more practical car would need a high clearance.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GT S 2016, Porsche 991 Carrera S 2012, MB S Class 2014
Originally Posted by California John
I am in India now for a few weeks and have been visiting for three decades. We have a house here as well. The roads are awful. About the worst you can imagine. There are occasional respites from constant speed bumps, potholes and gravelly ditches, but overall it is totally awful for a car such as the GTS. The car would lose half its undercarriage in a day! Alright- some exaggeration...but I just can't imagine having a car like my GTS here - unless it were in some urban area with somewhat decent roads - and then it would just be to cruise some local evening hangout.

Children, adults, rickshaws, oxen, cows, chickens and animals of all types wander into the roads constantly without the slightest consideration that there might be a car or truck on it. Rules of the road are practically non-existent. A much more practical car would need a high clearance.
Don't know where you live but where I stay I have pretty awesome roads and have been driving super cars here for the past 6 years. Never a hitch. Some non regulation speed bumps but that's it.

Anyway issues is with my DCT acting up. Need a solution for the judder.

EDIT - oh and the Buddh International F1 circuit is 60 kms from my house. So yeah, I go there to track my cars once a month.

Last edited by zkalra; 12-13-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Don't know where you live but where I stay I have pretty awesome roads and have been driving super cars here for the past 6 years. Never a hitch. Some non regulation speed bumps but that's it.

Anyway issues is with my DCT acting up. Need a solution for the judder.
Has to be the bad roads right can't be a problem with the car What a joke! Not sure how you escalate these things in your country, but have to move on from your dealer.

At some point if you get no satisfaction, you might have to move on from this car like others have done. This car is not worth the stress or aggravation.

Good luck and hope you can get the car running the way it should
Old 12-13-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Td33
Has to be the bad roads right can't be a problem with the car What a joke! Not sure how you escalate these things in your country, but have to move on from your dealer.

At some point if you get no satisfaction, you might have to move on from this car like others have done. This car is not worth the stress or aggravation.

Good luck and hope you can get the car running the way it should
Well put. There are several dealers here and the guys that owns the AMG biggest dealership pan India is my very close buddy and I bought the car from him. So dealer support is a non issue. Now they are having some expert come in and look at my car on the 19th.
Thought these forums might be of some help but I guess it was foolish to think that way. Instead of helping with the issue they are talking about the road situation that somehow suddenly after 4 years has created an issue with my car.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GTS, 2017 S550 Cabriolet, 2015 911Turbo S 2016Q5, 2008 Z06
Well put. There are several dealers here and the guys that owns the AMG biggest dealership pan India is my very close buddy and I bought the car from him. So dealer support is a non issue. Now they are having some expert come in and look at my car on the 19th.
Thought these forums might be of some help but I guess it was foolish to think that way. Instead of helping with the issue they are talking about the road situation that somehow suddenly after 4 years has created an issue with my car.
So you say you gave a 2016 GTS and then you say something about after 4 years. I think you are another troll that does not own a GTS. This forum just keeps getting worse.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:39 AM

You really are a genius. How can I have a car since 4 years if it came out last year. I'm talking about 4 years of Porsche 911 ownership that I bought in 2012.

Sorry didn't make that clarification. I was making a point that roads have nothing to do with the transmission judder.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by cec69
Here is the link to MB India. Kinda surprised you were not aware of it.
http://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/conte..._Frontend.html
never have had to call corporate numbers until now but thanks for sharing this.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Please excuse some of the forum members for their negativity and short sight.
The forum is a helpful place and like others have said, just escalate it at your dealer first. Obviously it seems like you know them well. They have the ability to call AMG directly and talk to engineers that only deal with the GT.
If the dealer is not willing to do it, then go beyond that. If India does not have a corporate number like the US, call Germany directly.
Good luck.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
You really are a genius. How can I have a car since 4 years if it came out last year. I'm talking about 4 years of Porsche 911 ownership that I bought in 2012.

Sorry didn't make that clarification. I was making a point that roads have nothing to do with the transmission judder.
Don't mind some of these guys. There are several guys here who think they know everything and who are living in la la land and think that just because they own a GT-S or GT that it is the greatest car on the planet and god forbid anyone publically post about a quality issue, concern or manufacturing defect in a public forum. Some(not all) of these guys are just overfinanced fools that have jumped in over their head and are in a panic that resale values are dropping faster than Dolly Parton's **** when she removes her bra and inventory levels are rising like a 18 year old boys dick in his first visit to a titty bar.

Last edited by jrcart; 12-14-2016 at 02:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Astolfo (12-14-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 02:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Now that there is funny!
Old 12-14-2016, 02:22 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Don't mind some of these guys. There are several guys here who think they know everything and who are living in la la land and think that just because they own a GT-S or GT that it is the greatest car on the planet and god forbid anyone publically post about a quality issue, concern or manufacturing defect in a public forum. Some(not all) of these guys are just overfinanced fools that have jumped in over their head and are in a panic that resale values are dropping faster than Dolly Parton's **** when she removes her bra and inventory levels are rising like a 18 year old boys dick in his first visit to a titty bar.
Lol. That just made my day. Heck maybe my week
Old 12-14-2016, 02:39 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Originally Posted by jrcart

LMAO, Now that is definitely funny. AHH, I remember My first time at a titty bar, I think the girls had on white sneakers and danced to music from a juke box, it was high end(lol), the good ole' days... lol
Old 12-14-2016, 02:52 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
LMAO, Now that is definitely funny. AHH, I remember My first time at a titty bar, I think the girls had on white sneakers and danced to music from a juke box, it was high end(lol), the good ole' days... lol
lol. mine was after a buffalo bills game we drove over to canada. big mistake. I think I got married several times
Old 12-14-2016, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Td33
lol. mine was after a buffalo bills game we drove over to canada. big mistake. I think I got married several times
LOL, my first was in Canada too, Windsor Canada across the water from Detroit. That ruined it for me because US strip clubs can't hold a candle to the ones in Windsor, at least back in about 1990 when I went that was the case. It was pretty much anything goes and I think I only had about $100 with me at the time. Now days $100 will get your car valet parked, pay your cover, buy you 1 drink and maybe a no-contact table dance. I remember being so disappointed the next time I visited a strip club back in the US....must have been a good exchange rate on currencies back then or something lol.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
And French Canadian women there are well Fantastic. .....
Old 12-25-2016, 12:39 AM

Alright so posting this for the benefit of others. This is a drivetrain characteristic. MB Germany and the top technical guy in this region have tested this on several cars and have come back that this judder, under 3 Kmph in stop and go traffic, IS NORMAL.

So anyone facing similar issues can relax. Thanks.

Last edited by zkalra; 12-25-2016 at 08:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zod (12-25-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 04:42 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Alright so posting this for the benefit of others. This is a drivetrain characteristic. MB Germany and the top technical guy in this region have tested this on several cars and have come back that this judder, under 3 Kmph in stop ND go traffic, IS NORMAL.

So anyone facing similar issues can relax. Thanks.
Just for reference, it's not just the GTS that has this. The the 5.5 Biturbos as well with the MTC.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
ferrari 458 spider
i have experienced something similar let me describe:

when gently pushing the accelerator from a stop, if there is a dip or bump in the road and i let off the gas then re apply it will rock back and forth quite violently several times... like 5 to 10 times depending on when i decide to give it more gas... and i have to give it quite a lot of gas to push through the rocking

in my case it is rocking, like my body is moving back and forth, not a little judder

actually it seems the violent rocking is making my foot accidentally rock the gas pedal too prolonging the effect

it happens rarely but i notice it when i don't have a smooth path ahead from takeoff and have to adjust the pedal some

is this the same?
Old 12-25-2016, 12:01 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
I have had my 2017 GT for 2 days and I immediately noticed this. It was very encouraging to be able to come to the forum and see that this is normal. I would describe it as "chatter" from the drive train at very low speeds. I have not experienced rocking or anything else.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by unpollo2

when gently pushing the accelerator from a stop, if there is a dip or bump in the road and i let off the gas then re apply it will rock back and forth quite violently several times... like 5 to 10 times depending on when i decide to give it more gas... and i have to give it quite a lot of gas to push through the rocking

in my case it is rocking, like my body is moving back and forth, not a little judder

actually it seems the violent rocking is making my foot accidentally rock the gas pedal too prolonging the effect

it happens rarely but i notice it when i don't have a smooth path ahead from takeoff and have to adjust the pedal some

is this the same?
You could describe what happens in my car as 'rocking' too. I preferred the word judder or jitter as they seemed to more aptly describe the feeling. However the moment the car reaches 5 kmph it becomes smooth. So it's the torque tube rotating at very high speeds that is apparently causing this.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 MB AMG GTS
Originally Posted by unpollo2

is this the same?

This happened to me last Saturday just as it was described above. Got me really worried that I had to stop and park the car to inspect if my tires were causing it somehow. Tried to replicate everything (passed the same bump at the same speed, etc.) I can remember before the judder happened to see if it will happen again. So far, hasn't happened again.

Couldn't sleep that night as I was still worried if my car will be needing to see the shop soon. Good thing I remember seeing this thread and after re-reading comments here.... my wallet and I feel more relaxed.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 AMG GTS, '14 CTS V, '15 GTR, '12 458, '05 DB9, '79 T/A Resto, '14 SRT8, '01 996TT, '00 360 etc
I've owned my GTS and it does this too. Simply put. It's normal. My Ferrari's with the F1 transmissions did it a lot worse.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:09 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Mine only does it in comfort so I never drive in comfort.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 AMG GTS, '14 CTS V, '15 GTR, '12 458, '05 DB9, '79 T/A Resto, '14 SRT8, '01 996TT, '00 360 etc
I would have to agree with guynamedsean, I don't I've ever driven my GTS in comfort mode.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jittering at low speeds in traffic on 2016 GTS