Sponsored by:

Jittering at low speeds in traffic on 2016 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S Edition 1
Originally Posted by rsalco
Ditto for mine; smooth engagement and take-up at low speed. Doesn't cycle at all, even in walking-pace traffic.
+1 mine is smooth like a regular non-DCT transmission.

Do you guys shift into Neutral when stuck in bad traffic or do you let it sit in gear and heat up the transmission fluid?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
The ATF doesn't 'heat up' in traffic. The coolers are engineered to deal with much higher thermal loads generated by wide-open throttle, max-rpm shifting duty-cycles.

You might be "steaming" in traffic, your transmission fluid is not. And, shifting to neutral doesn't change the heat-load; the ATF is still being circulated by its pump.
The following users liked this post:
300blackout (03-20-2017)
Old 02-11-2024, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Glc43
Originally Posted by zkalra
So guys i have noticed this very annoying issue that happens at low speeds in first gear in stop and go traffic. The car jitters sometimes heavily. Its like a rocking motion which quickly dissipates as the speed picks up. The only way around it seems to be harsh accelerations and decelerations or braking. And it does not happen at any other time.

I called MB and they said it is a 'feature'. Seems like a pretty annoying feature. Can anyone else check this for me in their cars and confirm if this is normal? The car has done 3000 kms.
This is literally the car downshifting because you came to a stop in 5th, etc. It's not a problem at all, it's a dct car. Be nice to it and downshift to second before stopping lol or just don't worry about it and do the services on time.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by Mo-_-Sly
This is literally the car downshifting because you came to a stop in 5th, etc. It's not a problem at all, it's a dct car. Be nice to it and downshift to second before stopping lol or just don't worry about it and do the services on time.
Even when driving around in ‘D’, I would routinely manually change from 2nd down to 1st when about to come to a stop at a red light, etc. as it made the process much smoother.