Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would love some help....

Old 05-10-2017, 06:15 PM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
Would love some help....

I have. 2017 GTS. I am utterly in love with this car. Haven't had much to complain about except the oil smell and a perceived loose drivers seat.

Oil smell- no leaks anywhere and no real out of the ordinary oil consumption. The smell started to happen after the first oil change and got pretty bad. The car was inspected and the only thing that was replaced was an oil cap. The smell seemed to go away for a bit (not entirely but much better) but recently while idling in traffic it began to smell again and it's now back but not as bad.

Drivers seat- been in 2x and they say it's normal. When I come to a stop the seat exhibits some forward motion and almost feels like it's loose in a forward rocking way. No noise is coming from it just a bit of movement and it bugs me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DriveAMG; 05-10-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Not finished
Old 05-10-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by orenlasko
I have. 2017 GTS. I am utterly in love with this car. Haven't had much to complain about except the oil smell and a perceived loose drivers seat.

Oil smell- no leaks anywhere and no real out of the ordinary oil consumption. The smell started to happen after the first oil change and got pretty bad. The car was inspected and the only thing that was replaced was an oil cap. The smell seemed to go away for a bit (not entirely but much better) but recently while idling in traffic it began to smell again and it's now back but not as bad.

Drivers seat- been in 2x and they say it's normal. When I come to a stop the seat exhibits some forward motion and almost feels like it's loose in a forward rocking way. No noise is coming from it just a bit of movement and it bugs me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
It could have an oil leak or a crankcase vent line leak, there is a bulletin about possible rear engine cover leaking. There are two bulletins about seat play and noise.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:50 PM

2019 E63s
Thanks!

Does anyone actually have a link to these service bulletins with numbers?
Old 05-10-2017, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Does anyone actually have a link to these service bulletins with numbers?
Go sign up on the MB AMG PRIVATE LOUNGE.

There is a topic there that can help you alot. (I set it up)

ALSO, your dealer knows all about these issues and the recall bullitens. If they don't go to another dealer for service. Be sure to open a customer care report. The service department can help do this. If not let us know here.

Best regards
Old 05-10-2017, 08:50 PM

2019 E63s
Thank you

Jswan I'm a member in the PL and have read almost everything I can get my hands on (however I have been known to miss things right under my nose)

I've also had to bring actual bulletins in to my dealer who claims not to see them for themselves which is strange because up here almost all my local stores are Factory stores.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Jswan I'm a member in the PL and have read almost everything I can get my hands on (however I have been known to miss things right under my nose)

I've also had to bring actual bulletins in to my dealer who claims not to see them for themselves which is strange because up here almost all my local stores are Factory stores.

I think a guy on the PL in the GTS PROBLEMS AND ISSUES topic just had the oil issue corrected on his car. BUT we are US customers so there may be a difference in what your dealer has access to. It doesn't make any sense to me though.

OPEN A CUSTOMER CARE TICKET WITH MERCEDES AMG.

Best regards
Old 05-10-2017, 11:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 GTS, 2016 GLE, 2013 SLK55, 2015 GLA, 2015 GLK, 2014 E350, 2013 GLK
My dealer's and my theory on the burning oil smell is the anti corrosion spray they slobbered all over our cars before shipping. Its some sorta orangish wax mess. When I got my car it stunk up my garage and fogged up my window from the inside. Now, after burning off that stuff, and my dealer getting under my car and cleaning the entire exhaust, i think it is gone.