Sponsored by:

First time AMG owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG GTS
First time AMG owner

I am 3 weeks into ownership of my GTS. This is the first MB I have owned. My most recent cars have been an M5 and RS5. It's hard to do a true comparison, since I only have 350 miles on the car and haven't had a chance to open it up during the break-in period. I can tell you that the GTS wasn't even on my radar until I saw it during the Masters commercials. After that, I had to see it in person. Turns out that my MB dealership had an Edition 1 that someone had put down a deposit, but decided not to buy. I took that as a sign that it was time to take the leap. As they say, the rest is history...albeit only a short history. My first impressions are that this is an incredible car that is sure to get better as I learn more about it and get used to her intricacies. I'm glad I found this board because it seems like there is a lot of great knowledge and some cool people on here. You'll have to excuse my stupid questions and comments, and understand that I am very new to the MB and AMG world.

As excited as I am for this car, I have to say that I am a little concerned. I have read through some of the threads about the software glitches. I have to say if there's something I hate it's electrical gremlins. I'm also sorry to report that I think that I have experienced one that nobody else has reported. Here it is: I started my car after it had been sitting for about 8 hours during work. I left the parking lot and stopped at a stoplight about 3 minutes later. The engine and trans had not reached full operating temp. As I pulled away slowly with car in Comfort mode, there was a hesitation in the 2-3 shift. The car continued to shift up to 6, but then would not go into 7. I was driving about 65 with little load on the engine, so I know it should have been in 7. I continued to drive for about 5 miles and still no shift. I tried switching into S, S+ and I, but still no change. I pushed the Manual button- no change. I pulled over, shut the car off, then restarted. Began driving again and everything was all good again. Haven't had the issue again in the last 100 miles. Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 05-30-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
Congrats on the new car! I certainly would bring this up to your dealer as that is unacceptable. Hope it's nothing.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:22 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow that's a hell of a first benz! congrats, you'll get the issue's sorted out.....if not MB will buy you a new car