Sponsored by:

Transmission / Launch Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
997TTS, GT-R
Transmission / Launch Questions

In the most aggressive launch mode, what does the transmission do at redline? In other words, when you mash the gas pedal to redline, does the transmission bounce off the rev limiter, or does the transmission roll into the next gear? Is the answer different depending on which mode is selected?

Separately, how is the traction when launching as fast/hard as possible? Can you simply mash the gas pedal without concern for losing traction? Will the car lose traction, go sideways and/or go limb if the gas pedal is simply mashed? In order to obtain the fastest launch, must you ease into the gas pedal?

Lastly, for those who have tuned the ECU, where are the greatest benefits achieved? Launch, mid range or top end? Did the tune cause greater traction issues when launching hard?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
997TTS, GT-R
Answering my own question, the transmission rolls into the next gear at redline in race mode.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I already answered your question about the tune in my thread. As for the other question(s) here is my response:

There are four fixed modes, C, S, S+, Race. In Race, if you choose M (manual) as your shifting choice, the engine will bounce off the red line. If you are in Auto (shift mode) and Race then the tranny will up shift for you at redline.

All other modes, the car will upshift or downshift for you.