Sponsored by:

Build slot / Lead times for GTs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLA220 CDI
Exclamation Build slot / Lead times for GTs

Hi guys, i have just joined this forum to ask a couple of questions.

Last Thursday 7th July '16 i went down to my local Mercedes dealership (Mercedes of Leeds) and placed a deposit on an AMG GTs (was having a hard time deciding between the R8 (Huracan in a different body after all) and the GTs, but went with the better looking and more attention seeking GTs and have left a £5k deposit but haven't heard anything back from them yet other than an email this morning saying that they are chasing Mercedes in germany up for a build slot- this can't be right surely? Over a week without a build slot after leaving my deposit??? HELP....

My question is, how long does it take to get a build slot at the minute and once you have one, what are the current lead times? Has anyone ordered one within the last few weeks?

If anyone is interested my spec is as follows:

AMG GTs with:
Colour: Magnetite Black (looks kinda grey)
Wheels: Forged black alloys
Two tone black and white exclusive nappa leather
High gloss carbon interior package
AMG Aerodynamics package (fixed rear wing etc)
Premium package
Driving Assistance package
Night package
Dynamic plus package
Carbon fibre door sills
Upgraded Burmester high end sound system

Excited as hell to get this car as this will be my first ever big car purchase!!

Hope someone can explain the process and confirm what I've been told by Mercedes of Leeds so i can relax a little bit, because at the minute i feel like each week that passes is another week the car will be delayed by once it has a build slot.

The dealer told me the end of September but i doubt that now...

cheers guys

Last edited by DMFattorini; 07-14-2016 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:36 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
ALSO, The total price of the car on the road over in the UK with the options mentioned above i managed to agree a price with the dealer for a factory order with a saving of £8,104.98!!! I guess i just got lucky as they needed to top their sales up to hit their quarterly target.

For a factory order i am pretty pleased though with that level of discount, though i am also aware they may want to shift GTs in view of the ugly and chavvy looking GTr that is to follow soon
Old 07-14-2016, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Welcome sir.

Like your choices. Those seats are definitely new for 17.

As you probably are aware, production just started this month so I think it's going to be hard to predict exactly when your dealer can have a build slot over in England. All I can tell you is what I know with my car that was ordered in March and is scheduled to be built in the next two weeks. My dealer traded the spot for two other cars so maybe yours can do the same? Other members cars are being built in July and September so it looks like a fall event at this point.
The following users liked this post:
DMFattorini (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 07:24 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info!!

Those black and white seats have been over in England since day dot i think...

Funny how US cars differ to EU cars isn't it... Like the orange reflectors you guys seem to have to have on your headlamps.

We don't have them on ours... very odd (i guess its to do with US regulations)
Old 07-14-2016, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Yes it is strange that there would be complety different seats on car. As for our lighting regulations it's an indication of how inept our government has actually become as we can't even legislate age old restrictions.

Would you mind telling us what your MSRP was in England?
Old 07-14-2016, 07:58 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
The good thing about EU regulations when it comes to orange reflectors is that so long as you have an indicator (turn signal) that flashes orange then you don't need the reflector, and these days most cars have LED lighting that can flash any colour needed.

I'm not sure if you will be able to log on over the pond but try our UK website in order to see the pricing. http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/conte...nowelcome.html

The car i specified last thursday have a retail price of £130,960 before the on the road costs which are £1,450 making the total price £132,410

Old 07-14-2016, 08:00 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
the total i negotiated off the price was £7,510 which i think is a cracking deal (i hope!!)
Old 07-14-2016, 08:13 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
According to the exchange rate at the minute the car costing me £132,410 over here would be $177,409.54 over in the US.

I've just had a look on your US site and it works totally different to ours in the UK.

We have different options and you can't get the white seats we get over here i have noticed- you get cream coloured instead.

Also, we have more packages that have all the options in them i have noticed rather than being able to select options individually which isn't very good from our side!!

Take a look at our UK site
Old 07-14-2016, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by DMFattorini
the total i negotiated off the price was £7,510 which i think is a cracking deal (i hope!!)
Indeed a cracking deal lol.

That euro configuration is a lot simpler than ours. Thx for sharing. Try to stay patient
DMFattorini (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 08:38 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
I'll be sure to put pictures on when it arrives in 2028!!!

I'll try to stay patient.. it's just the unknown at the minute and the dealership has gone so quiet- I honestly don't understand why it takes weeks to confirm a build slot?

How long did it take you to get your build slot from when you fist walked into your dealership?
Old 07-14-2016, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
I'll be sure to put pictures on when it arrives in 2028!!!

I'll try to stay patient.. it's just the unknown at the minute and the dealership has gone so quiet- I honestly don't understand why it takes weeks to confirm a build slot?

How long did it take you to get your build slot from when you fist walked into your dealership?
It took about a week back in March. But as I said they traded a couple of other cars with another dealer to get that spot. But you're right if they sell a lot they get better allocation.
DMFattorini (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 08:46 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
Thanks for the info!

The thing crossing my mind now, is do i get an Audi R8 V10 Plus second hand as i have seen some good examples less than a year old with less than 1k miles for less than £125k and it is a £150k car!! hmmm... i get so fed up waiting!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:01 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
Just literally had an email from the dealer saying a slot has been authorised and delivery is looking like October / Mid - November 2016.... longer than i thought but hey-ho!

(Your American site wants me to change my spelling of 'authorised' lol)
Old 07-14-2016, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Just literally had an email from the dealer saying a slot has been authorised and delivery is looking like October / Mid - November 2016.... longer than i thought but hey-ho!

(Your American site wants me to change my spelling of 'authorised' lol)
You see it is meant to be ....

As much as I like R8, I wouldn't buy that car right before the redesign
Old 07-14-2016, 10:27 AM

Mercedes CLA220 CDI
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
You see it is meant to be ....

As much as I like R8, I wouldn't buy that car right before the redesign
I supose you're right!

Order date no later than 20th July for a 16th November delivery is just under 4 months and i imagine about right at the minute...?