Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much coolant should my AMG GTS burn?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 339 Likes on 193 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by jrcart
LOL, engines should not burn any coolant. It's a closed system and you should not experience any loss of coolant in that few miles. The oil burning on the other hand is somewhat acceptable, they high compression motors produce a lot of crank case pressure and thereby have some blow by. I would not be concerned with the oil usage but the low coolant might be a bigger issues like a head gasket or a bad or porous engine block.

All the complaints on these pieces of garbage GT's must be affecting the bottom line because now they are banning and suspending people over on the AMG Private Lounge who have voiced their opinions and made complaints regarding the vehicles dependability and people taking issue with the new "AMG Sport" and "43" line. There are a dozen threads over there that they have been edited or deleted people comments and many more threads that have been locked.

My advise to you get rid of the car while you can, cut your losses because the problems will just keep cropping up, that's what happened with my car, issue after issue after issue until I finally said F it and traded it in and cut my losses.
In the interest of accuracy, this is the official notice of the "banning" from the AMG Private Lounge:

Default AMG Private Lounge members placed on probation
Dear AMG Private Lounge members,

The AMG Private Lounge Team works very hard to maintain an environment where our members feel that they can have an open dialog with each other as well as directly with AMG in Affalterbach. We understand that some topics may be controversial and may bring out opposing opinions and we have no issue with this at all. Where we have an issue is when a topic becomes distorted or when members use a topic in a way that violates our Terms and Conditions.

Our expectations are that while any topic can openly be discussed, that it be conducted in a professional and respectful way to the community as well as the AMG Private Lounge Team members. Posts made with the intent to provoke fellow AMG Private Lounge members or the AMG Private Lounge Team will not be tolerated.

From time to time direct moderation of this forum becomes required. In some cases posts need to be edited and in others members may need to be put on probation or banned. The AMG Private Lounge Team does not take the moderation of this community lightly. We understand the importance of allowing opposing views and we understand that the integrity of this community is critical. The policy of the AMG Private Lounge is to allow our members the ability to openly share their feedback as long as it is on topic and does not violate our terms and conditions. In cases where moderation is required, we do not just remove posts without noting that some moderation has taken place.

With this in mind, we would like to notify the community that AMG Private Lounge members amgfan1, TD33, Ingenieur and JRCART have been put on a temporary six month probation. While on probation they will be excluded from posting on the AMG Private Lounge. At the conclusion of this probation, they are welcome to join us again as a contributing member of the AMG Private Lounge if they would like. The temporary probation is due to multiple extreme violations of our terms and conditions.

Best regards,
Your AMG Private Lounge Team
Old 08-16-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
Yeah that quotation from the AMG PL was issued. But I am in firm belief they do have some what I call "Paid Members" who are to defend AMG brand no matter what and however deficient some isolated products there and irritate AMG members who voice their opinion me included about known and factual facts found on such products like the GT and the GT-S.

I don't give a flying hoot if they suspended me, as long as I am able to voice my displeasure of these two products let alone let their "Paid Member" get a longer leash and character assault the suspended members myself included. How else can you explain the prolonged insults inflicted upon the long time regular members and not reprimand the perpetrator "ingenieur" who is from my understanding BANNED at this forum for life.

The owners of the GT and GT-S are in "denial" that such products are defective and the worst model ever launched by Mercedes Benz AMG. I would like to see your reaction what your cars is valued at, considering the numerous buy backs and one of the lowest J.D. Power Quality rankings. Just admit especially the early releases and some late model ones, if you haven't realized yet that a good number of these GT and GT-S's are horribly defective.

I wish these quality issues never happened but somehow it is your money. Maybe you are wealthy enough you do not give a hoot what the value of your $150K GT and GT-S car is after you have used and hopefully you had fun with it.

The new meaning of GT-S. Gone To Service.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by amgfan1
Yeah that quotation from the AMG PL was issued. But I am in firm belief they do have some what I call "Paid Members" who are to defend AMG brand no matter what and however deficient some isolated products there and irritate AMG members who voice their opinion me included about known and factual facts found on such products like the GT and the GT-S.

I don't give a flying hoot if they suspended me, as long as I am able to voice my displeasure of these two products let alone let their "Paid Member" get a longer leash and character assault the suspended members myself included. How else can you explain the prolonged insults inflicted upon the long time regular members and not reprimand the perpetrator "ingenieur" who is from my understanding BANNED at this forum for life.

The owners of the GT and GT-S are in "denial" that such products are defective and the worst model ever launched by Mercedes Benz AMG. I would like to see your reaction what your cars is valued at, considering the numerous buy backs and one of the lowest J.D. Power Quality rankings. Just admit especially the early releases and some late model ones, if you haven't realized yet that a good number of these GT and GT-S's are horribly defective.

I wish these quality issues never happened but somehow it is your money. Maybe you are wealthy enough you do not give a hoot what the value of your $150K GT and GT-S car is after you have used and hopefully you had fun with it.

The new meaning of GT-S. Gone To Service.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Yep, you always get those guys that swear it's a great car no matter what, hell pretty much every Mustang owner on the planet fits that bill lol. Some guys want to believe and hope it's a great car and when it's not in the shop it is a great car. All I have to say to those guys is that they need to get out more. I guess if you're content with dating women who are 6's your entire life you never know what's it's like to date or bang a 9 or 10 so you just stay content with the status quo. I've owned a lot of cars, a lot of very nice cars I think I am more than qualified to call a car POS, especially if I owned the POS. I recognized the car was a POS and traded it, took a small hit but nothing like the hit half these poor *******s are going to take when the already flooded market gets hit with a few more models and reliability surveys go public on the 2016s in a few months.
The following 2 users liked this post by jrcart:
amgfan1 (08-16-2016), Lightsaber (08-20-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by California John
In the interest of accuracy, this is the official notice of the "banning" from the AMG Private Lounge:

Default AMG Private Lounge members placed on probation
Dear AMG Private Lounge members,

The AMG Private Lounge Team works very hard to maintain an environment where our members feel that they can have an open dialog with each other as well as directly with AMG in Affalterbach. We understand that some topics may be controversial and may bring out opposing opinions and we have no issue with this at all. Where we have an issue is when a topic becomes distorted or when members use a topic in a way that violates our Terms and Conditions.

Our expectations are that while any topic can openly be discussed, that it be conducted in a professional and respectful way to the community as well as the AMG Private Lounge Team members. Posts made with the intent to provoke fellow AMG Private Lounge members or the AMG Private Lounge Team will not be tolerated.

From time to time direct moderation of this forum becomes required. In some cases posts need to be edited and in others members may need to be put on probation or banned. The AMG Private Lounge Team does not take the moderation of this community lightly. We understand the importance of allowing opposing views and we understand that the integrity of this community is critical. The policy of the AMG Private Lounge is to allow our members the ability to openly share their feedback as long as it is on topic and does not violate our terms and conditions. In cases where moderation is required, we do not just remove posts without noting that some moderation has taken place.

With this in mind, we would like to notify the community that AMG Private Lounge members amgfan1, TD33, Ingenieur and JRCART have been put on a temporary six month probation. While on probation they will be excluded from posting on the AMG Private Lounge. At the conclusion of this probation, they are welcome to join us again as a contributing member of the AMG Private Lounge if they would like. The temporary probation is due to multiple extreme violations of our terms and conditions.

Best regards,
Your AMG Private Lounge Team
I wonder if you realize that you are in direct violation of the PL terms and conditions by posting this. So you violate the rules and have the guts to call out others. What a joke!
The following users liked this post:
amgfan1 (08-16-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Td33
I wonder if you realize that you are in direct violation of the PL terms and conditions by posting this. So you violate the rules and have the guts to call out others. What a joke!
...and Scott the Chef Editor is on here all the time, his user name is Schiznick or something along those lines. I also know the MB World usernames of a few other MBUSA employees.....maybe I'll throw them under the bus and out them all. It pays to have friends that are mods here and have access the IP addresses lol
Old 08-16-2016, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
3 guys with opinions and a lot of time on their hands.

AMG fan is a douche named Florencio, who believes his beloved 911 is the beginning and end of all. Complains about AMG quality control on his c class but has never owned a GT. What's funny is guys on Rennlist hate him lol. This guy is the embodiment of inherited $$ opinion.

Td33 i've grown to think that you're all right but again you've never owned a GT and ended up buying a car you love so leave it alone.

JR I guess you're just going to try to **** all over a few guys experience here from your 2015 ed1 car that you tracked hard for 2 months and traded. Very disappointed in your move man. I asked you to try to be more than a ***** and I guess that's beyond your ability.

Between the 3 there is 2 months of ownership. Make your own opinion.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 08-16-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:33 PM

C63 Edition-507
Yep, you always get those guys that swear it's a great car no matter what, hell pretty much every Mustang owner on the planet fits that bill lol. Some guys want to believe and hope it's a great car and when it's not in the shop it is a great car. All I have to say to those guys is that they need to get out more. I guess if you're content with dating women who are 6's your entire life you never know what's it's like to date or bang a 9 or 10 so you just stay content with the status quo. I've owned a lot of cars, a lot of very nice cars I think I am more than qualified to call a car POS, especially if I owned the POS. I recognized the car was a POS and traded it, took a small hit but nothing like the hit half these poor *******s are going to take when the already flooded market gets hit with a few more models and reliability surveys go public on the 2016s in a few months.

JRCART - The number of AMG you own let alone the number of Mercedes Benz models in total you experienced speaks volumes, plus more importantly the fact that your horrible experience with this POS GT-S is simply appalling to me. You absolutely did the right thing by DUMPING this $150K steel garbage. Thank you for speaking the "truth" about what AMG adamantly denied and still is in denial that the product GT and GT-S has been and still is problematic.

Gone To Service

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Last edited by amgfan1; 08-16-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:35 PM

C63 Edition-507
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT

AMG fan is a douche named Florencio, who believes his beloved 911 is the beginning and end of all. Complains about AMG quality control on his c class but has never owned a GT.

Td33 i've grown to think that you're all right but again you've never owned a GT and ended up buying a car you love so leave it alone.

JR I guess you're just going to try to **** all over a few guys experience here from your 2015 ed1 car that you tracked hard for 2 months and traded. Very disappointed in your move man. I asked you to try to be more than a ***** and I guess that's beyond your ability.
Listen A$$-whole I'll race your POS anytime quack Out-Law

Tell me where and when and I'll use your POS to mop the tracks where my GT3 will embarrass your POS.

Enjoy your POS and let us know how much lead weight the trade in value of your POS okay?

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Last edited by amgfan1; 08-16-2016 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 PM

C63 Edition-507
Hey Paul or Romeo or Dick, whatever your real name is, maybe a Journey Out-Law, it is about time you buy this POS GT since it took you seven long years before replacing your jalopy CL 63. I am surprised you didn't buy a USED one. ROTFLMAO.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Last edited by amgfan1; 08-16-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Hey Paul or Romeo or Dick, whatever your real name is, maybe a Journey Out-Law, it is about time you buy this POS GT since it took you seven long years before replacing your jalopy CL 63. I am surprised you didn't buy a USED one. ROTFLMAO.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
And there he is MBWORLD in all his glory....
Old 08-16-2016, 09:54 PM

C63 Edition-507
Just shut-up Out-Law. Go buy your dream POS. Let me know when I can use your POS GT to mop the tracks where my older PORSCHE GT3, or even my newer PORSCHE GT3RS will show you what a real GT really is.

Here at MBWorld you cannot BS people here unlike at AMG PL where your nose is so brown I thought you were a PYGMY. It is getting DEEP in here with your lousy presence. Go BS other people on other threads. Go get some more cases so you can save enough dough to afford your GT, that is if you are even buying one. For real?

Drive safe,
amgafn1
Old 08-16-2016, 10:05 PM

C63 Edition-507
Hey AMG 17GT You like to blaspheme people by laying false accusations that at Rennlist (Home of real PORSCHE fans and enthusiasts) hate me? You must be the dumbest Journey Out-Law since people there they know I am a 918 Spyder owner. Do you have enough intelligence what a 918 Spyder car is? Maybe not. Just be content with your dream car POS GT. Please buy it and not just dream it. Sleep now it is getting late for you.

Your BS has gone far at AMG PL but sorry to burst your bubble. I don't think you can BS your way here as you have successfully done at AMG PL.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Last edited by amgfan1; 08-16-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG fan is a douche named Florencio, who believes his beloved 911 is the beginning and end of all. Complains about AMG quality control on his c class but has never owned a GT. What's funny is guys on Rennlist hate him lol. This guy is the embodiment of inherited $$ opinion.

Actually to be clear I owned the car over 6 months and I only tracked the GT-S once on a drag strip and twice on a road course. About 100 miles total on the track in my GTS....but thanks for helping me make my point. Point being that I tracked my C63 BS for probably 1200 track miles and my SLS BS for probably 1000 track miles and my CLK BS for probably 2000 track miles and none of them gave me any reliability issues and they were all far more heavily nodded thank my GT-S was. See where I am headed with this? Unlike you I am speaking from real world experiences and real world results. Like I said earlier I am more than qualified to call a car a POS when I see one. What is your level of experience? What cars have you owned? What makes you more qualified to comment on this vehicle than me? You have one on order I have actually owned one. I'm not afraid to admit when something I own is a POS, are you that guy with too much ego to admit when you buy something that is a POS? I have a watch collection, I have a $20k+ IWC Big Pilot, guess what it's a POS, biggest POS in my collection, one of my cheap $5000 Breitlings is better built and keeps better time but you're probably that guy that will argue with me that the $20k Big Pilot is the better timepiece, right?
The following users liked this post:
amgfan1 (08-16-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 10:25 PM

C63 Edition-507
AMG PL states they don't suspend if you critique AMG or any car. Well I tried to ignore the IDIOTS at AMG PL forum and many, many people there can read the insults written to me by this IDIOT ingenieur who many have said is permanently banned here. There at AMG PL they let him get away with character assassination because he kisses the behind of the moderators. I've had enough of the "Red Tape" and the BS at AMG PL. So this AMG 17GT who has reviled me at AMG PL, I will not go light with you here Mr. Journey Out-Law. There will be no kid gloves here if you continue with your hypocritical and false accusations. So shut the puck up and don't ever, ever try to be on my bad side.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Last edited by amgfan1; 08-16-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG PL states they don't suspend if you critique AMG or any car. Well I tried to ignore the IDIOTS at AMG PL forum and many, many people there can read the insults written to me by this IDIOT ingenieur who many have said is permanently banned here. There at AMG PL they let him get away with character assassination because he kisses the behind of the moderators. I've had enough of the "Red Tape" and the BS at AMG PL. So this AMG 17GT who has blasphemed me at AMG PL, I will not go light with you here Mr. Journey Out-Law. There will be no kid gloves here if you continue with your hypocritical and false accusations. So shut the puck up and don't ever, ever try to be on my bad side.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
There are moderators here too, they will suspend or bang you for personal attacks so just move on and don't let this guy who has never even owned a GT get under your skin. He will get his in the end by way of losing his arsenal on resale, I can already tell he is one of those guys that cares about resale and will be the first one complaining about it when he goes to trade it in a few years....
Old 08-16-2016, 10:40 PM

C63 Edition-507
There are moderators here too, they will suspend or bang you for personal attacks so just move on and don't let this guy who has never even owned a GT get under your skin. He will get his in the end by way of losing his arsenal on resale, I can already tell he is one of those guys that cares about resale and will be the first one complaining about it when he goes to trade it in a few years....
Thank you JRCART. First of, I am sorry but I just had enough beating and abuse from the IDIOTS at AMG PL. Then here this Romeo starts lashing at me, you and TD33. Just tired of his bickering really. A lot of people were emailing me and state the obvious abuse I took at AMG PL. I never started anything negative there nor did I initiate attacking anyone in person, other than weigh in on the defects that have bubbled up.

Once again to the readers of this thread please accept my apologies. No excuse but hope you realize the angst I had and sustained from AMG PL and somehow I see traces of being re-started here again. I hope these people just stop bothering me really. Thank you.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 08-16-2016, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Thank you JRCART. First of, I am sorry but I just had enough beating and abuse from the IDIOTS at AMG PL. Then here this Romeo starts lashing at me, you and TD33. Just tired of his bickering really. A lot of people were emailing me and state the obvious abuse I took at AMG PL. I never started anything negative there nor did I initiate attacking anyone in person, other than weigh in on the defects that have bubbled up.

Once again to the readers of this thread please accept my apologies. No excuse but hope you realize the angst I had and sustained from AMG PL and somehow I see traces of being re-started here again. I hope these people just stop bothering me really. Thank you.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Please mods do not erase this guy. We need to see this for what it is. Ty.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Just shut-up Out-Law. Go buy your dream POS. Let me know when I can use your POS GT to mop the tracks where my older PORSCHE GT3, or even my newer PORSCHE GT3RS will show you what a real GT really is.

Here at MBWorld you cannot BS people here unlike at AMG PL where your nose is so brown I thought you were a PYGMY. It is getting DEEP in here with your lousy presence. Go BS other people on other threads. Go get some more cases so you can save enough dough to afford your GT, that is if you are even buying one. For real?

Drive safe,
amgafn1
Marked as exhibit 1
Old 08-16-2016, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Hey AMG 17GT You like to blaspheme people by laying false accusations that at Rennlist (Home of real PORSCHE fans and enthusiasts) hate me? You must be the dumbest Journey Out-Law since people there they know I am a 918 Spyder owner. Do you have enough intelligence what a 918 Spyder car is? Maybe not. Just be content with your dream car POS GT. Please buy it and not just dream it. Sleep now it is getting late for you.

Your BS has gone far at AMG PL but sorry to burst your bubble. I don't think you can BS your way here as you have successfully done at AMG PL.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Marked as Exhibit 2.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:52 PM

Received 179 Likes on 96 Posts
2022 AMG SL63, 2015 Ferrari 458 Spyder, 2021 ALPINA B7
For every Ying there is a Yang

I am very sorry to hear that you are having problems and not enjoying your AMG GTS. Unfortunately, regardless of what brand, from time to time there are problems.

I have had my fair share of issues in the past and have to say that MB and their dealers have done right by me every time and have kept me as a loyal customer.

Taking away the emotions, it would appear that your issues should be solvable, and maybe you should take another run at finding a solution rather than getting so upset at the "system".

I have had my AMG GTS since May last year and it has been nothing but a joy. It is an awesome vehicle in every respect and it draws admiration and thumbs up.
Yes, it behaves totally different from my 458 but I enjoy driving it just as much.

I can't wait until the Roadster gets introduced, probably in the fall of this year and I am very seriously considering get an open top sibling.

Good luck and I do hope you will find a solution and getting to "Fahrvergnugen"
(the enjoyment of driving)
Old 08-17-2016, 09:38 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63

Let's just try and clear this up and move on in a positive direction!

JRCART: I don't personally know him, (btw would love to meet him someday) but this is what I do know:
He has owned the GTS.
He has owned/tracked numerous high end AMG cars.
He has been a huge ambassador for the brand for years.
His knowledge and first hand experience speaks for itself.

AMGFAN1: I do know personally.
He is an owner of AMG and long time brand ambassador.
He is an extremely passionate car enthusiast.
He is a very knowledgeable car guy.
He's a class act and a genuinely good person.
He took a lot of unjustified crap from a person on the PL, which they allowed, hence the reason his frustration is surfacing.

TD33:
I have owned numerous new AMG cars & have been a strong ambassador of the brand.
I was going to buy the GTS until all the problems started to surface.
Because of that I bought the new 17 911 turbo s cab. BTW I LOVE IT!
I have been promised by my dealer their first allocation for the GTBS. That is a big deal being they may only get 1 or 2 allocations. That didn't happen overnight - it's because I have been a loyal & outspoken advocate for AMG.
So understand, I am heavily invested in this GT car and want to see it do well.

I want to see your GT work perfectly for you and do nothing but put many smiles on your face. That's why we are all here right?!

This is a prime example of what we've been dealing with: CALIFORNIA JOHN posted information here in an attempt to hurt/embarrass us. You're an attorney; read the terms and conditions. This is a major violation of the PL terms. This guy calls us out for violating terms, but he does it in a manner that violates the terms?!

We may not always share the same opinions; that's life. We have all said things that are out of character and unnecessary. At the end of the day, it is clear that we all love cars, including AMGs. Let's all take a step back and chill out and enjoy our cars!

Again, I wish you the best of luck with your car. This is an exciting time for you and you should be enjoying every minute of it!

Bill
Old 08-17-2016, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Td33
Let's just try and clear this up and move on in a positive direction!

JRCART: I don't personally know him, (btw would love to meet him someday) but this is what I do know:
He has owned the GTS.
He has owned/tracked numerous high end AMG cars.
He has been a huge ambassador for the brand for years.
His knowledge and first hand experience speaks for itself.

Bill
Yes, and at one point I was the biggest AMG fanboy on the planet. I've spent about a million dollars on AMG's in the past 8-9 years and well over a million on MB's in general, I obviously love/loved the brand. That's the part that gets me when some of these guys get their panties in a bunch when I call the GT-S what it is, a giant failure and POS. Do they think I spent nearly $160k on my GT-S for my health or because I was bored? Do they think I decided to trade it in and take over a $20k hit because I like wasting money??? I wanted to love the car, it's a beautiful car and when it was not having problems/issues it was a true pleasure to drive and it was as quick around a race track as my SLS BS was. My complaint is and always has been the apparent downgrade in quality and dependability on the GT-S compared to other AMG's I have owned, owned longer and drove harder with far less trouble. I guess since my opinion does not meet up with their romantic fantasy of the car they ordered and want to own that my personal experiences with the car some how don't matter or even better yet never happened.

I bet AMG 17GT has a favorite upscale restaurant, I bet he has been going there for years because they have great service, great food and a great atmosphere. I wonder if next week his favorite restaurant decided they were going to change their menu and start offering lower end offerings if he would be happy about it. I wonder if they changed up the décor and atmosphere to more of a casual fast food style setting if he would still enjoy it. I wonder if they kept the prices the same but the quality of the food dropped significantly if he would continue to patronize that establishment and boast about it to his friends? I would bet he would stop dining there and stop recommending it to his friends and colleagues. I bet he would even have a word with the owner or manager and let him/her know he was not happy with the changes and sudden drop in food quality. So why is it that me voicing my real world experiences and opinions about a $160,000 car suddenly a bad thing???? We are talking about cars ranging from $140,000 to $180,000 not a friggin surf and turf but I am being crucified for speaking my mind???? Some of you guys are too stupid to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4. Is it a coincidence that right about the same time that AMG decided to deviate from their one man on eengine philosophy and start branding run of the mill MB's "AMG Sports" and "C43's" that reliability dropped on its flagship model?

Right now there are 300 new and used AMG GT's on Cars.com alone , I have been monitoring the market for the GT-S for months and it is at it's highest point to date. These cars are simply not selling like AMG had hoped. If you guys think you will be taking delivery of your 2017's while there are over 200 new GT's sitting on dealers lots you've got another thing coming. I was supposed to take delivery of my winter daily driver 2016 GLA45 late November/early December of 2015 but they did not end up releasing the 2016's until March because they had a bunch of 2015's still sitting on dealer lots. They will have no option by to slash prices on the remaining 2016 GT's even more than they already have which is going to crush resale and residual values(for leases).

AMG GT-S CARS.com link below

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...=GN_REFINEMENT

The problem with some of these guys is that they speak with emotion rather than reality, open up your eyes.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is one with great resale values lmao....$116k and less than a year old

Assuming this was another dealer buyback problem child, however they are calling it a CPO

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3014/overview/

here's the carfax for this car
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=CDM_U
Old 08-17-2016, 10:53 AM

C63 Edition-507
JRCART, we've met in happenstance at your dealership in Naperville some years back. I told myself I finally met this guy who owns "the fastest Mercedes Benz in the world." I think you still hold that title. I have to tell you that you are a very modest person and very knowledgeable. Never in your hundreds of posts that I have read did you assault anyone's character. You always spoke technically about cars, and that showed passion.

While you have given opinion not favorable to the AMG brand (e.g., GT-S Edition-1), at least you were speaking from direct experience and I think you have the "right" to do so since you owned and experienced them.

At the end of the day we buy what makes us feel good. We should stay on topic about cars and not personal characterization take over any given car forum. I bid you peace JRCART. More power to you!

drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 08-17-2016, 10:55 AM

C63 Edition-507
Hello Bill (TD33),

Good morning. Thank you for your kind words.

AMGFAN1: I do know personally.
He is an owner of AMG and long time brand ambassador.
He is an extremely passionate car enthusiast.
He is a very knowledgeable car guy.
He's a class act and a genuinely good person.
He took a lot of unjustified crap from a person on the PL, which they allowed, hence the reason his frustration is surfacing.

I truly enjoyed meeting you in person in Atlanta at The Porsche Driving Experience. After the Porsche experience, I told my family I have added a new friend who knows about AMG and Porsche too!

Drive safe,
Florencio

Last edited by amgfan1; 08-17-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: typo correction

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much coolant should my AMG GTS burn?