Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much coolant should my AMG GTS burn?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
How much coolant should my AMG GTS burn?

8k miles

Can these criminals claim this is normal? Is burning coolant "in spec" when it's a poorly constructed vehicle by a second rate German manufacturer?

Will my SA try to shame me for daily driving the vehicle? "Of course our vehicles fail if you drive them STUPID!!"

How do I use this and 1 quart of oil per 1k miles to lemon the vehicle?

This engine will fail before I hit 50K miles at this rate.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark now.

Last edited by 2016AMGGTS; 08-03-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Appreciate the concern, however if I were you I would be talking with the dealer service manager and MBUSA---don't let up keep the heat on!!
Old 08-16-2016, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
LOL, engines should not burn any coolant. It's a closed system and you should not experience any loss of coolant in that few miles. The oil burning on the other hand is somewhat acceptable, they high compression motors produce a lot of crank case pressure and thereby have some blow by. I would not be concerned with the oil usage but the low coolant might be a bigger issues like a head gasket or a bad or porous engine block.

All the complaints on these pieces of garbage GT's must be affecting the bottom line because now they are banning and suspending people over on the AMG Private Lounge who have voiced their opinions and made complaints regarding the vehicles dependability and people taking issue with the new "AMG Sport" and "43" line. There are a dozen threads over there that they have been edited or deleted people comments and many more threads that have been locked.

My advise to you get rid of the car while you can, cut your losses because the problems will just keep cropping up, that's what happened with my car, issue after issue after issue until I finally said F it and traded it in and cut my losses.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by jrcart
LOL, engines should not burn any coolant. It's a closed system and you should not experience any loss of coolant in that few miles. The oil burning on the other hand is somewhat acceptable, they high compression motors produce a lot of crank case pressure and thereby have some blow by. I would not be concerned with the oil usage but the low coolant might be a bigger issues like a head gasket or a bad or porous engine block.

All the complaints on these pieces of garbage GT's must be affecting the bottom line because now they are banning and suspending people over on the AMG Private Lounge who have voiced their opinions and made complaints regarding the vehicles dependability and people taking issue with the new "AMG Sport" and "43" line. There are a dozen threads over there that they have been edited or deleted people comments and many more threads that have been locked.

My advise to you get rid of the car while you can, cut your losses because the problems will just keep cropping up, that's what happened with my car, issue after issue after issue until I finally said F it and traded it in and cut my losses.
Hello Jrcart. Car has become an embarrassment for Amg. I agree get rid of the car if you can.

Good luck!
Old 08-16-2016, 03:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
If you can have AMG perform a "Buy Back" as at least on two occasions highly publicized at AMG PL Forum, do yourselves a favor and have Mercedes Benz AMG buy back these junks they are having the public buy from Mercedes Benz.

If you speak negatively about these POS's at the AMG PL forum just be aware, they will make you pay by suspending you.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 08-16-2016, 03:34 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by amgfan1
If you can have AMG perform a "Buy Back" as at least on two occasions highly publicized at AMG PL Forum, do yourselves a favor and have Mercedes Benz AMG buy back these junks they are having the public buy from Mercedes Benz.

If you speak negatively about these POS's at the AMG PL forum just be aware, they will make you pay by suspending you.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Right now I don't know why people keep buying these cars. To each their own I guess.

Hopefully they will get it right!
Old 08-16-2016, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amgfan1

Drive safe,
amgfan1
There have been more than two buybacks...I was recently(in the past week) contacted by two separate law firms concerning GT-S's. I suspect that something big is brewing.

Yep, I got suspended over there...friggin joke. Ost here on MB World get 100 times the views and traffic and the AMG censors have no power here whatsoever.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:54 PM

Ml63
They got rid of all of us for six months that spoke our minds about the issues you stated.

Doesn't sound good if attorneys are getting involved with these cars, but doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Td33
They got rid of all of us for six months that spoke our minds about the issues you stated.

Doesn't sound good if attorneys are getting involved with these cars, but doesn't surprise me at all.
We got suspended from Pl for 6 months lol??? I didn't even bother checking the details just realized I was suspended when I tried posting this morning. 6 months lol!!!!
Old 08-16-2016, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One of them wanted me to provide them with my vehicle service data history. Also asked if I was interested in pursuing/joining a suit. I told them no and no but since I 've been suspended it's obvious MB/AMG has something to hide so maybe I will entertain the idea. I am not one for frivolous law suits but with all that's going on over there on the PL with all the editing and censoring it seems someone might have something to hide.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:11 PM

Ml63
We got suspended from Pl for 6 months lol??? I didn't even bother checking the details just realized I was suspended when I tried posting this morning. 6 months lol!!!!
Yep six months on ice lol. Voice your opinion, that was backed by facts, your gone.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yep six months on ice lol. Voice your opinion, that was backed by facts, your gone.
How many of us got hit with the ban stick over there?
Old 08-16-2016, 04:16 PM

Ml63
One of them wanted me to provide them with my vehicle service data history. Also asked if I was interested in pursuing/joining a suit. I told them no and no but since I 've been suspended it's obvious MB/AMG has something to hide so maybe I will entertain the idea. I am not one for frivolous law suits but with all that's going on over there on the PL with all the editing and censoring it seems someone might have something to hide.
I need to thank you. Your honest info about this car stopped me from buying one of these cars and I bought my 17 turbo s cab instead. Best decision I ever made!
Old 08-16-2016, 04:19 PM

Ml63
How many of us got hit with the ban stick over there?
You, me, amgfan and that ingenior. Several others got nasty warnings that one more violation they would be suspended or banned.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You, me, amgfan and that ingenior. Several others got nasty warnings that one more violation they would be suspended or banned.
Go figure a German car company resorting to Hitler/**** type strong-arm and censorship tactics......
Old 08-16-2016, 04:34 PM

Ml63
Go figure a German car company resorting to Hitler/**** type strong-arm and censorship tactics......
Yep that about sums it up.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I need to thank you. Your honest info about this car stopped me from buying one of these cars and I bought my 17 turbo s cab instead. Best decision I ever made!
With all the problems people have posted about here and on PL it's definitely a buyer beware situation. I think a lot of people thought the problems were isolated to just early release cars but now more and more people are posting problems both big and small for later build date cars. Not to mention that resale values are going to get hammered because of both reliability issues and all the various new GT models AMG is introducing. AMG's traditionally have poor resale to begin with but the GT will be a big money loser, watch what happens in about a month or so when the base GT's start hitting the streets and they announce details of the new GT-C.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:43 PM

Ml63
With all the problems people have posted about here and on PL it's definitely a buyer beware situation. I think a lot of people thought the problems were isolated to just early release cars but now more and more people are posting problems both big and small for later build date cars. Not to mention that resale values are going to get hammered because of both reliability issues and all the various new GT models AMG is introducing. AMG's traditionally have poor resale to begin with but the GT will be a big money loser, watch what happens in about a month or so when the base GT's start hitting the streets and they announce details of the new GT-C.
Reading the posts the gt cars will be hitting the streets soon, if the delays don't continue.

If anything comes from any real civil issues that wont help either. This car has been nothing but a disaster. Thank god for warranties. If they screwed this car up you really have to step back and consider where you spend your money.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T

Hey JR I think I've read this same post about half a dozen times can you give it a rest maybe?

Can you sit back and see how 17s play out and not be such a buzz kill?? you know very well that most of those problems were documented with the early cars. Appreciate that if you could.

I for one am looking forward to having fun with that GTR versus GT3rs bet....

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 08-16-2016 at 05:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TriggrPullrUSMC (09-20-2022)
Old 08-16-2016, 05:23 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Hey JR I think I've read this same post about half a dozen times can you give it a rest maybe?

Can you sit back and see how 17s play out and not be such a buzz kill?? you know very well that most of those problems were documented with the early cars. Appreciate that if you could.

Mr. Romeo how are you doing. I hope your gt, when you get it, is trouble free and you enjoy the heck out of it.

I would give you this suggestion, don't tune this car until you get some real trouble free miles on it. Just enjoy, break it in right and then make that decision if you were considering a tune. That seems to be the talk with the gt buyers.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Mr. Romeo how are you doing. I hope your gt, when you get it, is trouble free and you enjoy the heck out of it.

I would give you this suggestion, don't tune this car until you get some real trouble free miles on it. Just enjoy, break it in right and then make that decision if you were considering a tune. That seems to be the talk with the gt buyers.
Thank you for congrats Bill.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:37 PM

Ml63
Thank you for congrats Bill.
The darn wait is the hardest. You just want to pull your hair out.

It will look great in black. Like I said enjoy the heck out of it life is so short.

If you have a VIN it's been born and hopefully not much longer.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507

Yo Romeo,

Are you getting the GT-R? Which one are you getting? I wouldn't place a bet yet even if you get the GT-R. Play it out and save yourself the embarrassment racing a GT3RS. Don't walk into a race and end up losing. I am not sure the GT-R will have the right "cajones", but that is not the Black Series.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 08-16-2016, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
I see a lot of the new mercedes products burning coolant, not just the AMG or 4.0tt line. Even the base 4 cyl turbo and v6 cars do it. I feel there's some design flaw in the system that leads to minor coolant consumption or pushing coolant out the overflow too much, as a lot of the cars will not make it to a 10k service if the bottle isn't full to the top when it gets filled.

There is no "fix" for it at the moment, it's minor enough to be considered allowable and there is no actual remedy. The cars will pass a pressure test and don't leak, so there's nothing to fix.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can't wait to say told you so and I can't wait to spank a GT-R

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much coolant should my AMG GTS burn?