Sponsored by:

Can you kick out the rear end at will?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 08:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Can you kick out the rear end at will?

The one feature of my W204 C63 that I absolutely love is that I can kick out the rear end literally at will, at nearly any speed, do not have to be going at any kind of high speed at all. While the tail comes out easily, its just as easily controlled. This combo makes the car super fun (but a handful if you are not skilled or prepared for it).

All the reviews on the GTS comment on how buttoned down it is. A great feature for going fast around a track, but Im curious if this means you cant kick out the rear end easily?

Last edited by darkus; 09-20-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by darkus
The one feature of my W204 C63 that I absolutly love is that I can kick out the rear end literally at will, at nearly any speed, do not have to be going at any kind of high speed at all. While the tail comes out easily, its just as easily controlled. This combo makes the car super fun (but a handful if you are not skilled or prepared for it).

All the reviews on the GTS comment on how buttoned down it is. A great feature for going fast around a track, but Im curious if this means you cant kick out the rear end easily?
That's because of the electronic differential oh GTS. No wag whatsoever.

The GT has a mechanical diff that allows you to swing it around old school.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Turn the nannies off. You'll find plenty of power-on over-steer available. Be aware however that the polar moment of inertial in the GT S is drastically different than the C-class AMG, as is the fr/r weight distribution. The amount and rate of over-steer will be different. See the Randy Probst video at Infinion which is in the most recent C&D Lightning Lap group test.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
It can be drifted but it's not nearly as *** happy as my C63 Black Series was. The GT-S's better balance, weight distribution and wider stance combine to make it a much more planted and stable machine.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
C63
I've got both cars, and the GTS takes quite a bit more effort to kick out the rear. If power sliding is your thing, save the money and stay with the C63. You can buy a lot of tires for the price of the GTS. Maybe even some drift lessons.

(On the flip side, the GTS goes through tires at half the rate of the C63 and will destroy the C63 off the line because the tires don't spin as easily. Every now and then the C63 will start spinning the tires when I pull out in front of someone and actually wanted to, you know, go fast. :-) )