Sponsored by:

BANNED From Service Department

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
BANNED From Service Department

I gave them all 1s on the dumb survey because they never fix my car and in this instance I busted them lying to me. They itemized their hours and they claimed they were working on the car during hours I had possession of the vehicle. So I gave them all 1s and they banned me in spectacular fashion. I made a secret video of it (since I knew the ban was coming) when I went in for my monthly COOLANT REFILL (thats normal right? burning coolant? )

Shall I post the video? It really makes them look bad and they admit they banned me for the bad survey.,

I sent the video to Mercedes and they informed me that their dealers reserve the right to refuse service for any reason including religion, sex, gender, skin color, country of national origin ( and even if you buy a $162k vehicle at MSRP from them). Seems a little harsh. Those lovable Germans scamps.

Last edited by 2016AMGGTS; 10-08-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2008 R350 and 2012 E350
WOW!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GTS, 2017 S550 Cabriolet, 2015 911Turbo S 2016Q5, 2008 Z06
I think you are full of **** and even if you were banned, it was for being an *******.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:18 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,352 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I feel you......I was banned from service after buying 4 brand new cars (E, E, CLS and S) because of my rude behavior and attitude.........but that's what happens, as you know, when you're pushed to the brink of sanity by hourly workers trying to nickel and dime you for everything they can......

I say yes, post your video.......sounds like a crap dealer/
Mercedes Benz of Cary, NC can rot in hell
Old 10-08-2016, 08:19 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by cec69
I think you are full of **** and even if you were banned, it was for being an *******.
keep it classy
Old 10-08-2016, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Probably drinking the coolant and blaming the car
Old 10-08-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by 2016AMGGTS
I gave them all 1s on the dumb survey because they never fix my car and in this instance I busted them lying to me. They itemized their hours and they claimed they were working on the car during hours I had possession of the vehicle. So I gave them all 1s and they banned me in spectacular fashion. I made a secret video of it (since I knew the ban was coming) when I went in for my monthly COOLANT REFILL (thats normal right? burning coolant? )

Shall I post the video? It really makes them look bad and they admit they banned me for the bad survey.,

I sent the video to Mercedes and they informed me that their dealers reserve the right to refuse service for any reason including religion, sex, gender, skin color, country of national origin ( and even if you buy a $162k vehicle at MSRP from them). Seems a little harsh. Those lovable Germans scamps.
Unfortunately none of what you started surprises me, especially the part of needing monthly coolant refills.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
It's easier to be nice to your service dept and have a helping hand when you need to fix your car or get it bought back, lemon law'd, etc. There is no winner when you go in there with an attitude and then slam them on a survey. They no longer want to fix your car, and have no reason to try to help someone who is an *** to them.

Dealerships only get paid for actual fixes, so if a car keeps coming back it's already costing them money. There is this great public misconception that the dealer has something to gain from NOT fixing the car... every service visit without an actual fix cost the shop money, they give you a loaner car they are paying for, the pay the staff dealing with your car on all sides, but if the car comes back for the same issue, mercedes absolutely will NOT pay the dealership for the work they did, until the car is actually fixed. Attempted fixes that didn't solve anything can be directly debited back to the dealership, for both parts and labor, so it is always in their best interest to fix the car.

The reality of the situation is, the product is terrible, and we see issues with the new cars that even the factory engineers don't know what to do about them. We've bought back about 15 cars at my dealership alone this year, and that's just mercedes not having an answer for us on what is actually needed to fix the car. It becomes "try this.. now try this... now try this... no? ok we'll buy the car back"

It's happening more and more, as they cram more tech into a car that they are trying to build cheaper and cheaper.
The following 4 users liked this post by ItalianJoe1:
Adrenaline1971 (10-11-2016), emericr (10-09-2016), Guilty (10-11-2016), need2speed (10-08-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
What do you want a trophy?! Germans don't care if your a millennial.
The following users liked this post:
shadenfroh (10-13-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 02:12 PM

AMG GTS
I was recording the incident. I made sure I looked completely fantastic. They admit on video I was banned for the survey. How is this defensible by you German bootlickers?

Im getting these ****ers on to buyback on coolant. They can't claim coolant consumption is normal.

Last edited by 2016AMGGTS; 10-08-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:45 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
It's easier to be nice to your service dept and have a helping hand when you need to fix your car or get it bought back, lemon law'd, etc. There is no winner when you go in there with an attitude and then slam them on a survey. They no longer want to fix your car, and have no reason to try to help someone who is an *** to them.

Dealerships only get paid for actual fixes, so if a car keeps coming back it's already costing them money. There is this great public misconception that the dealer has something to gain from NOT fixing the car... every service visit without an actual fix cost the shop money, they give you a loaner car they are paying for, the pay the staff dealing with your car on all sides, but if the car comes back for the same issue, mercedes absolutely will NOT pay the dealership for the work they did, until the car is actually fixed. Attempted fixes that didn't solve anything can be directly debited back to the dealership, for both parts and labor, so it is always in their best interest to fix the car.

The reality of the situation is, the product is terrible, and we see issues with the new cars that even the factory engineers don't know what to do about them. We've bought back about 15 cars at my dealership alone this year, and that's just mercedes not having an answer for us on what is actually needed to fix the car. It becomes "try this.. now try this... now try this... no? ok we'll buy the car back"

It's happening more and more, as they cram more tech into a car that they are trying to build cheaper and cheaper.
Appreciate the info. 15 cars bought back, very disappointing, but does not surprise me!

Last edited by Td33; 10-08-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Your situation is irreversible. Dump the car get a Porsche and see how you fair on Rennlist with your whining inability to deal with problems. The faithfull over there are even less sympathetic to anyone who would insult the brand.
If you posted this with Ferrari you would be banned by the dealer you'd never get a car from Maranello and Ferrari Chat would put you on the no fly list.
My personal experience with AMG has been opposite yours-not that you don't have a valid claim but I'm supprised this didn't get escalated to a higher level. I've had many less than perfect high end cars but was guided by wisdom from a friend "don't insult the barber before they cut your hair'.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by 2016AMGGTS
I was recording the incident. I made sure I looked completely fantastic. They admit on video I was banned for the survey. How is this defensible by you German bootlickers?

Im getting these ****ers on to buyback on coolant. They can't claim coolant consumption is normal.
If you behaved at the dealer like you post here, I am not surprised the dealer dropped you. You are obviously out to offend anyone.

Best way to get zero support...
Old 10-09-2016, 07:52 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
you know what? F the dealer! they don't want you to get a good deal......but they want you to think they care?
lets see the video.....forget what the preppy boys think
The following users liked this post:
MTV10 (10-16-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Some guys just can't help it and have to be always rude toward all and any service people, a maids crew coming to their house or service advisor in a dealership or a waiter in a restaurant.
It does not help and only creates further hurt for the idiot.
I have never, ever had any problem with service advisors or techs, always on a friendly basis and always bring small gifts for major holidays.
In turn, I get the appointment when I WANT not when they say they have space, I get the loaner that I WANT and they never push me for any work that is not absolutely necessary.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Just like others have said, you don't bite the hand that feeds you and you don't attract bees with vinegar .
I have learned over the years that the surveys are unfortunately so critical to the dealer and the employee who serviced you that filling out with bad grades actually does the opposite of what you want (get meaningful help from the the dealer and attention from the mother ship). The dealer punishes the SA by lowering his pay and MB USA reduces benefits paid to the dealer. The assumption that the dealer will help is flawed in that scenario. You are better off dealing one on one with the SA, the service manager or the GSM and make them your friend to help you achieve what you want.
Assuming you have a bad vehicle, you need the dealer to cooperate fixing it or help with the process of getting MB to buy it back.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:19 AM

Ml63
Originally Posted by emericr
Just like others have said, you don't bite the hand that feeds you and you don't attract bees with vinegar .
I have learned over the years that the surveys are unfortunately so critical to the dealer and the employee who serviced you that filling out with bad grades actually does the opposite of what you want (get meaningful help from the the dealer and attention from the mother ship). The dealer punishes the SA by lowering his pay and MB USA reduces benefits paid to the dealer. The assumption that the dealer will help is flawed in that scenario. You are better off dealing one on one with the SA, the service manager or the GSM and make them your friend to help you achieve what you want.
Assuming you have a bad vehicle, you need the dealer to cooperate fixing it or help with the process of getting MB to buy it back.

I fully agree with you and by the way NO pics! Hope your enjoying the new ride!

Also, lets not hammer this guy because he's upset and how he's reacting to the disappointment. We're all humans and react differently. This can be very stressful when you spend your hard earned money only to be let down in the end.

I voice my opinion on the direction MB/AMG is heading and some don't like it, but until we ban together as consumers nothing will change.

The one post about one dealer buying back 15 cars this year says a lot to me and none of it good. It also should upset any MB/AMG owner or potential owner.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
We've bought back about 15 cars at my dealership alone this year, and that's just mercedes not having an answer for us on what is actually needed to fix the car. It becomes "try this.. now try this... now try this... no? ok we'll buy the car back"

What happens to the cars that get bought back?
Old 10-09-2016, 11:37 AM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Good question
Old 10-09-2016, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by PaulE550
Good question
They are sold at dealer auctions with nothing done.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Td33
Also, lets not hammer this guy because he's upset and how he's reacting to the disappointment. We're all humans and react differently. This can be very stressful when you spend your hard earned money only to be let down in the end.

I voice my opinion on the direction MB/AMG is heading and some don't like it, but until we ban together as consumers nothing will change.

The one post about one dealer buying back 15 cars this year says a lot to me and none of it good. It also should upset any MB/AMG owner or potential owner.
Mercedes will take care of his car is there is a legitimate issue by either fixing it or buying it back.
Unfortunately all manufacturers produce a small number of lemons and the best is to get rid of them asap.

That said, I found MB very reasonable over the years; they always made things right, in and out of warranty.

As for the dealer? Don't like them? Go to another one... But chances are this guy won't be happy with the results, no matter what they do.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
Originally Posted by absent
Prior to the redo of the MB website, I was able to easily shop the whole country for an ML350 CPO. While the Carfax is a flawed method of checking out a car, in my case, the Carfax for the CPO we bought showed that the car had never been touched by anyone but the dealer from whom we were buying it. Many of the Carfax reports show that the cars were leases and sold at auction when the lease was up. Some become CPO's after that. If the buy backs are still under factory warranty, it would seem that MB would just be pissing off another customer by letting them buy a suspect car.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:56 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by absent
OK, thanks for the info. Good to know and much appreciated. I was kind of hoping to hear that MB would have junked a car in this case. Instead it gets auctioned off to become someone else's future problem. Just re-enforces my decision to never buy used luxury vehicles from any brand. You're never really certain what you're getting unless the dealer is willing to provide a written end to end warranty on all the major components.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:07 PM

AMG GTS
You think I give a **** about a CORPORATION? These people would grind you and your baby up for a $5 profit. I have no allegiance to a brand. I'm not some loser that derives his identity from being a MERCEDES GUY or a BMW GUY or some other bull****. I just buy whatever car looks nice.

MY CAR IS AN APPLIANCE. WELD THE HOOD SHUT, I DONT CARE. WHEN MY TOASTER, ERM I MEAN CAR, DOESNT WORK RIGHT, I GET ANNOYED. Especially when my toaster, I mean AMG GTS, cost 160K.

Not gonna post the video because I dont want it to go viral ( even if its just a 0.00001% chance, bad or good) and bite me in the ***.

Of course I was polite initially, but then I CAUGHT THEM LYING about even doing work on the car. The were literally holding the car for a week and not doing anything to it I realized.

You're just a bunch of cucks. Bringing the lying SA a gift? Why not have a car that's so reliable that you never really interact with the SA? WHAT A CONCEPT! Oh, that's called a Tesla.

CUCKS!

CUCKOOOO GOES THE CUCK! CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK. That's what you are. LOOK IN THE MIRROR. YOU'RE LOOKING AT A CUCK!

Last edited by 2016AMGGTS; 10-09-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
[QUOTE=2016AMGGTS;6937191]You think I give a **** about a CORPORATION? These people would grind you and your baby up for a $5 profit.

Of course I was polite initially,but then I CAUGHT THEM LYING about even doing work on the car. The were literally holding the car for a week and not doing anything to it I realized.

You're just a bunch of cucks. Bringing the lying SA a gift? Why not just give him your daughter's virginity while you're at it? CUCKS!

CUCKOOOO GOES THE CUCK![/QUOTE

What proof is that coolant man?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BANNED From Service Department