Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T

Porsche execs got this.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
What are you talking about...All I see is that the just layed down some new tarmac behind that reliable well made Porsche! They are of course the best man made things in the WORLD ..and I know for a fact that their resale value was not the slightest affected by things such as, engine replacement, nor were their owners upset when they were ordered to park their cars and not drive them or lose warranty....I mean why would you get upset after splashing some chump change cash and waited so long for it...This is all normal

On a more serious note...why are we comparing MB to Porsche?
If we are, then my friends this means the brand just got a huge boost!
as mb is not competing against them in general.
to the arguments of what cool cars have AMG made....again if we are to compare them to their actual competitors just to name a few:

AMG The Hammer
The 90's secret monsters you did not read about much such as the SL73, the CL or S coupe with the zonda v12 as well if i recall.
CLK GTR
CLK DTM
SLR (in all its variations 722, topless, gt3.. etc)
Black series cars (SLK, CLK, SL,SLS, C..)
SLS and all its variants
The 65AMG were for a good time in their own league, when compared to the competition.

And am sure I have missed many

Now if we are to talk about real racing and tracking, we all know MB stands no chance...I mean just look at how laughable they are in F1...thats for sure not a testament to REAL racing or technological expertise

Peace

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
https://youtu.be/to3pa4vLoy4

Porsche execs got this.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:33 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I miss my Pcar
Old 11-24-2016, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
[QUOTE=Zod;6977768]What are you talking about...All I see is that the just layed down some new tarmac behind that reliable well made Porsche! They are of course the best man made things in the WORLD ..and I know for a fact that their resale value was not the slightest affected by things such as, engine replacement, nor were their owners upset when they were ordered to park their cars and not drive them or lose warranty....I mean why would you get upset after splashing some chump change cash and waited so long for it...This is all normal

Old 11-24-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
This was shared by co-members from AMG how darn fast the PORSCHE Turbo S. Yes it is NOT cheap at $200K but well worth the money for the performance it can offer.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Old 11-24-2016, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Oh Florence don't you know there are Players and then there are well ...Fans.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Well, to change this up a bit. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and your Families, Enjoy the day. We all should be so thankful for whatever brand of cars we drive, they are all bada** in their own way.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
CHEERS!
Old 11-24-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series
Coming back to the forum

Off topic, I know, but following a link back to this thread on MBWorld from the Private Lounge (JRCart: It's posted there as of yesterday as I'm sure you know) after not having been on here for basically 5 years. Some of you I have spoken to as "mshort2" on the PL, so I think I will start watching this site again. Now, back to your regular programming.....

Matt
Old 11-24-2016, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by amgfan1
Not sure which decade AMG can make models to compete with those models you mentioned (e.g., Turbo S, GT3RS, 918 Spyder). The AMG GT lineup are all turbo but none of them so far can compete with the PORSCHE Turbo S. AMG doesn't make any Naturally Aspirated cars as of late so no direct competition for the GT3RS or even the slightly one step lower GT3. Maybe, just maybe this hyped up GT-R might make it interesting, maybe.

Now as for the 918 Spyder, well that's left for the "Big Boys" arena, Hyper Car. AMG is so focused on making cheaper and diluted models such as AMG C43, E43, etc., so competing to the highest level of Hyper Car I think is a far fetched idea for now. Talk about the 918 Spyder, has anyone viewed the latest and long awaited Head-To-Head competition of the top three Hyper Cars of:
1.) Ferrari LaFerrari
2.) McLaren P1
3.) 918 Spyder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxFbGnE6v7s

Please watch and see who was the winner. It's a surprise. AMG, when will you come back and impress us again? :roll eyes:

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Not sure since when this has become a pissing contest between Porsche and Mercedes.
Without a doubt, AMG has had quality issues with the GT-S and will have to do better, but Porsche is considering the GT as serious 911 contender.

Porsche was able to laugh most contenders off but MB has something going for it that few others have.
1. Very deep pockets and a longterm mission to beat Porsche.
2. Large customer base that buys cars in the Porsche's price range.

I for one am amazed that AMG has been able to build a car from the ground up that is able to compete decently with many 911 models on the track.

AMG after all had no real history of trackable cars as the majority of their customers looked for autobahn rockets.

So, despite early production/quality issues, we have a car that favorably compares to a Porsche model that has been honed and fine-tuned for 40 years plus...
Give the GT a few more years and additional model variations and we maybe in for a surprise.

As for diluting the brand, absolutely, the likes of the C43 definitely do that but these models end up to be the cash-cow.
Porsche has their cash-cow too; it's their SUV's not the 911's.

In regards to a MB hyper car, that appears to be coming too.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wolfman:
California John (11-25-2016), ChungDTX (03-13-2022)
Old 11-24-2016, 03:31 PM

C63 Edition-507
In all fairness, we are all Gear Heads here and are owners of one of the finer car manufacturers and models in Mercedes Benz AMG. As stated before, our family clan have been Mercedes Benz owners and I personally have owned not many, but three AMGs altogether. I still love my only one AMG left and current, Edition-507. I post here not to antagonize fellow AMG owners but simply to state my displeasure of the AMG brand being diluted. Nothing more, nothing less.

As others have stated PORSCHE is in a different league of its own. Apples and Oranges. The GT series (e.g., GT2, GT2RS, GT3, GT3RS, GT4) of PORSCHE were made for the track, and stays on the track. Mercedes Benz is predominantly a luxury car turned tuner company with their AMG purchase and lineup. I hope their management will have a change of heart of NOT furthering the product dilution.

In conclusion my dear fellow AMG owners, I wish everyone here and to your families A VERY HAPPY and SAFE THANKSGIVING Day!

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Old 11-24-2016, 03:39 PM

C63 Edition-507
Hello Matt (mshort2), good to hear from you fellow AMG owner. How is your stunning red C63 Black Series car? Frankly I envy each of you who own those C63 Black Series owners. If only I can turn back the hands of time, I would have placed my order earlier. But I was late to the party. Lucky owners that you are.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by 1mika1
Off topic, I know, but following a link back to this thread on MBWorld from the Private Lounge (JRCart: It's posted there as of yesterday as I'm sure you know) after not having been on here for basically 5 years. Some of you I have spoken to as "mshort2" on the PL, so I think I will start watching this site again. Now, back to your regular programming.....

Matt
Old 11-24-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
This was shared by co-members from AMG how darn fast the PORSCHE Turbo S. Yes it is NOT cheap at $200K but well worth the money for the performance it can offer.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
It's a monster for sure. Read the article. They say it's the hardest launching car they ever tested
Old 11-24-2016, 04:27 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Well, to change this up a bit. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and your Families, Enjoy the day. We all should be so thankful for whatever brand of cars we drive, they are all bada** in their own way.
Right back at you and fellow gear heads.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series
Hello Matt (mshort2), good to hear from you fellow AMG owner. How is your stunning red C63 Black Series car? Frankly I envy each of you who own those C63 Black Series owners. If only I can turn back the hands of time, I would have placed my order earlier. But I was late to the party. Lucky owners that you are.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
All good! Everyday is now a crap shoot with the weather, but the C63BS is still out for the time being. Hanging on dearly to the NA 6.2, and thanks for asking. Now it looks like I better update the profile if I am sticking around....
Old 11-24-2016, 08:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Don't most Porsche profits come from the cayenne and macan? I see so many on the road and rarely any other cars
Old 11-24-2016, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 144 Posts
SLS AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Don't most Porsche profits come from the cayenne and macan? I see so many on the road and rarely any other cars
Man where I live every Dr /Lawyer/ Dentist has a PCar. I can't pull out of my drive way without hitting one. I am out numbered 200 to 1 on a daily basis around here. I can't tell one model from the next and they ALL sound like ****. I don't care how fast they are they look like **** too. Bug eyed POS look. I am blessed to have stumbled on to something that has class and sounds Freakin Awesome. There is always someone faster.... who cares. Freakin electrics are faster then everybody but, those have no class and are plastic turds that will plummet faster then AMGs! (Yes, eventually I will be forced to buy one) I'm no AMG fan at ALL. And I don't think any 4 door car is cool. (Your kidding yourself if you think a 4 door is cool. Pa lezzzzze) They aren't sport cars people. In my book there are only 2 real AMGs... The SLS and barely the GT (because of the release and it's not NA) although it looks like it will improve. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2016, 10:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by NewportSLS
Man where I live every Dr /Lawyer/ Dentist has a PCar. I can't pull out of my drive way without hitting one. I am out numbered 200 to 1 on a daily basis around here. I can't tell one model from the next and they ALL sound like ****. I don't care how fast they are they look like **** too. Bug eyed POS look. I am blessed to have stumbled on to something that has class and sounds Freakin Awesome. There is always someone faster.... who cares. Freakin electrics are faster then everybody but, those have no class and are plastic turds that will plummet faster then AMGs! (Yes, eventually I will be forced to buy one) I'm no AMG fan at ALL. And I don't think any 4 door car is cool. (Your kidding yourself if you think a 4 door is cool. Pa lezzzzze) They aren't sport cars people. In my book there are only 2 real AMGs... The SLS and barely the GT (because of the release and it's not NA) although it looks like it will improve. Happy Thanksgiving!
you done with your rant?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 144 Posts
SLS AMG
Old 11-25-2016, 12:40 AM

C63 Edition-507
YES that is why they are true DOCTORS and LAWYERS because they know what is true German Engineering. If you know where the AUTOBAHN is in Joliet Illinois, I would like to invite you to bring your highly esteemed SLS and duke it out with my humble 991 GT3RS bone stock. Bring your car title and I will bring mine. We go FIVE LAPS and who loses turns over the car title to the winner? You have a V-8, I have a flat-6. You have more than 500 ponies mine has 500 even. You should have the upper hand in paper. Stock car versus stock car. Set the day and time and let's see whose car goes on limp mode before five hard laps at the AUTOBAHN.

DEAL or NO DEAL?

Tired of these AMG wannabe's who think their AMG is the best car in the world. I have high respects to the original AMG brand but not so with the "fake ones" as I have said time and again. After I win, I will DONATE to my favorite charity your SLS and mail you the receipt of my donation from my favorite charity.

If you really want to know the REAL TOP DOG AMG, it is the "Black Series", which unfortunately you never owned.

Kept my Edition-507 as one of my family cars among my other sedan, SUV toys in the barn. If your SLS is the best toy you have then count your blessings and be happy with it, but you are so far away from having the real "TOYZ 4 DA BIG BOYZ."

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Last edited by amgfan1; 11-25-2016 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
There is no argument that the Turbo S is on a league of its own. Porsche have perfected the 6 cylinder market like no other.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:04 AM

C63 Edition-507
Hello PeterUbers, hope all is well with you. YES the Cayenne and Macan models have been the "Cash Cow" of PORSCHE mainly because of the success rate of the 911 models. Lots of car articles allude to the fact that the buying public buys the PORSCHE Cayenne and Macan as part of the "Racy Image" that the 911 models have attained and achieved, in particular the GT series (e.g., GT2, GT2RS, GT3, GT3RS, GT4), not to mention the highly touted Carrera GT and the Flagship 918 Spyder.

The huge difference in what AMG has done is the success rate and brand image of AMG has been diluted by slapping the AMG badge wherever they can. Let's not be hypocrites here as some folks have displayed. It does HURT the AMG brand when AMG management slaps every imaginable model with the AMG badge. You will never see a GT2, GT3, nor GT4 affiliation of badge on any Cayenne nor Macan.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Old 11-25-2016, 08:50 AM

Ml63
Please remember they have been building the 911 for about fifty years. It has become one of the iconic sports cars on the planet.

If you want to see more GTS cars just visit your local MB service departments
Old 11-25-2016, 09:25 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...s-GREAT-thread!!

see what they're saying
Old 11-25-2016, 10:12 AM

C63 Edition-507
Hello hyperion667, hope all is well with you. I just laugh at those "PAID PLEBES" who defend the AMG GT-S which undeniably have been problematic to many owners. For people to talk about people on "vacation" and behind their back speaks volumes how lowly these people are. They can believe and say whatever they say, it means Jack Didley to me and to those who understands what PORSCHE provides and offers in terms of performance, usability, reliability, and dependability.

AMG is still special. It is the dilution that I adamantly do not approve.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by hyperion667

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Executives get it!