Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTR Nurburgring

Old 12-13-2016, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Guilty
I have no dog in this fight but this sounds fair to me. I wonder what kind of excuse he's going to come up with now.

I smell a GT-R in JRcart's future after losing this bet.

PS. I'm only here for entertainment purposes.
Excuses?? You of all people should know I've shipped my cars coast to coast to shut up keyboard tough guys but I am not shipping anything to Germany. I'd be more than happy to do it anywhere in the states however. Old boy needs to first produce a GT-R or find someone with one that would be willing to let someone else wheel it around a track for an afternoon.....let's just say I will not be holding my breath.

....and If I ever buy another AMG it will be the GT Black Series, I have owned 3 out of the last 4 Black Series models so why settle for a GT-R when a Black Series has been announced?
Old 12-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
AMG 17 GT keeps bringing up PORSCHES because he knows he will NEVER beat a comparable PORSCHE pound for pound against his AMG GT which would at best be against a PORSCHE GT3. He still hasn't accepted my bet title for title.

Yes the AMG GT-R on paper looks and sounds great, But wait, I have an order for a GT2RS, so lets see when my new toy comes out who will be the top dog.

Okay back to regular tuning.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
I still don't understand why AMG 17GT still brings up Porsche cars in all his posts lately? Yes, it is a crazy fast time done by the GTR, It is an awesome car, but lets compare Mercedes flagship model(AMG GTR) vs Porsche flagship model(918), the best they both have to offer. The 918 is sub 7 seconds at the Ring-Porsche wins that,, GTS compares to a GT3RS-Porsche wins that, and the Base AMG GT compares to the GT3- Porsche wins that, compare apples to apples and the results favor Porsche.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:42 PM

C63 Edition-507
Very valid and good point JRCART. I don't know why people think you would settle for anything below a "Black Series." From what I remember from you, you bought the AMG GT-S Edition-1 as a pacifier just for you to have a good feel what the car is all about. I Didn't think you would settle and end it at that. Some people just think whatever comes out is the latest and greatest when everyone here knows the top dog model has always been the "Black Series." Then on top of that you mod it like no one else does.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by jrcart
Excuses?? You of all people should know I've shipped my cars coast to coast to shut up keyboard tough guys but I am not shipping anything to Germany. I'd be more than happy to do it anywhere in the states however. Old boy needs to first produce a GT-R or find someone with one that would be willing to let someone else wheel it around a track for an afternoon.....let's just say I will not be holding my breath.

....and If I ever buy another AMG it will be the GT Black Series, I have owned 3 out of the last 4 Black Series models so why settle for a GT-R when a Black Series has been announced?
Old 12-13-2016, 07:59 PM

C63 Edition-507
Hey ROMEOE55, buy a GT-R when you can, and when my new toy GT2RS arrives, maybe just maybe, you have the Boll$ to bet title for title, which I highly doubt. AUTOBAHN Racing Club in Joliet Illinois. I can reserve a time and date. Cars have to be stock with OEM equipment. I drive my GT2RS and you drive your GT-R. We go five laps.

After I win, then I will DONATE your GT-R to my favorite charitable institution in Chicago.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Ok so JR cart what's our bet???

Oh and Florence if you can take your car out of that garage with a chimney, I'm all ears on a GTR to Pcar GTR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AtX...EPcbMjBxIOPWPA
Old 12-13-2016, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by amgfan1
Hey ROMEOE55, buy a GT-R when you can, and when my new toy GT2RS arrives, maybe just maybe, you have the Boll$ to bet title for title, which I highly doubt. AUTOBAHN Racing Club in Joliet Illinois. I can reserve a time and date. Cars have to be stock with OEM equipment. I drive my GT2RS and you drive your GT-R. We go five laps.

After I win, then I will DONATE your GT-R to my favorite charitable institution in Chicago.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Will keep that in mind you Creepy guy.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:27 PM

C63 Edition-507
Video of the 2018 PORSCHE GT2RS testing somewhere in California. Looks like it packs a punch!

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/201...bles-like.html

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Old 12-13-2016, 08:28 PM

C63 Edition-507
Cool BUBBA ROMEOE55. At least you are a sport if you call my bet.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Will keep that in mind you Creepy guy.

Last edited by amgfan1; 12-13-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Very valid and good point JRCART. I don't know why people think you would settle for anything below a "Black Series." From what I remember from you, you bought the AMG GT-S Edition-1 as a pacifier just for you to have a good feel what the car is all about. I Didn't think you would settle and end it at that. Some people just think whatever comes out is the latest and greatest when everyone here knows the top dog model has always been the "Black Series." Then on top of that you mod it like no one else does.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

PORSCHEFAN1

JRCART doesn't need any more lip prints on his posterior.

You may want to page back to the video in this thread and watch it again GTR'S ROCK!,

Last edited by JSwan724; 12-13-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:52 PM

C63 Edition-507
Yo Homie. I think you know better that car in the video may not be all OEM after all. While in paper it looks good, it is all too premature to jump into conclusions.

I am no brown kisser like you speak about yourself, JRCART is known here, and at AMG PL as an all out, Boll$ out fanatic who mods his car crazy fast. I simply admire his drive and passion on how he tweaks and tunes his TOYZ. It would be safe to say JRCART has many followers here because I know he is not ignorant like the way you act. I am an OEM type of guy who prefer to keep it as original as possible. In other words if it didn't come from the factory, I don't want it. However I have a few TOYZ I don't mind making "simple" modifications and or changes. But on my high end PORSCHES, I keep them all original.

So overall how is your AMG GT-S, have you asked how much the trade in value of your AMG GT-S is? Did they tell you you can go fishing after your trade as the value probably is heavy enough for you to go deep sea fishing huh? Anyway enjoy your AMG GT-S Edition-1.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by JSwan724
PORSCHEFAN1

You may want to page back to the video in this thread and watch it again GTR'S ROCK!,
Old 12-13-2016, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by JSwan724
PORSCHEFAN1

Old 12-13-2016, 10:16 PM

C63 Edition-507
You know your true colors BUBBA ROMEOE55. I truly hope you can afford to buy a high end AMG so you can really feel heaven. For now just be content and happy you finally have your AMG GT fulfilled, the entry level. It will only take you another five years to save enough for an ECU tune.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Old 12-13-2016, 10:19 PM

C63 Edition-507
2016 EVO Car of the Year

Here's a good video for you GT fans. Enjoy.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Old 12-14-2016, 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Video of the 2018 PORSCHE GT2RS testing somewhere in California. Looks like it packs a punch!

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/201...bles-like.html

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Hahahah. Sounds like my Honda z50 when I was a kid. If that's a punch than that's your car Florence.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:37 AM

C63 Edition-507
Yo ROMEOE55, the kid in you is really showing up kiddo. ENVY is too obvious in your blood. And if you consider yourself a grown up, well not enough mechanical nor automotive IQ in there above your shoulder.

Just consider yourself lucky and enjoy your long awaited "dream car" (only took you ten long years to replace your clunker CL63), as I pity your biased automotive level of intelligence geared only on an AMG GT. Needless to say your IQ is merely above ground.

By the way your English grammar is definitely not higher than a third grade. You still do NOT KNOW the use and difference between THEN and THAN. DUH Enjoy your GT BUBBA.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Hahahah. Sounds like my Honda z50 when I was a kid. If that's a punch than that's your car Florence.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Yo Homie. I think you know better that car in the video may not be all OEM after all. While in paper it looks good, it is all too premature to jump into conclusions.

I am no brown kisser like you speak about yourself, JRCART is known here, and at AMG PL as an all out, Boll$ out fanatic who mods his car crazy fast. I simply admire his drive and passion on how he tweaks and tunes his TOYZ. It would be safe to say JRCART has many followers here because I know he is not ignorant like the way you act. I am an OEM type of guy who prefer to keep it as original as possible. In other words if it didn't come from the factory, I don't want it. However I have a few TOYZ I don't mind making "simple" modifications and or changes. But on my high end PORSCHES, I keep them all original.

So overall how is your AMG GT-S, have you asked how much the trade in value of your AMG GT-S is? Did they tell you you can go fishing after your trade as the value probably is heavy enough for you to go deep sea fishing huh? Anyway enjoy your AMG GT-S Edition-1.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
porschelover1:

I guess you're dyslexic as well. The GTR run was done by a long standing very reputable company who drove the Volkswagon P car on the track as well.

In case you missed it THE GTR SPANKED THE VOLKS "P" CAR TIME.

Now run back to the Volkswagon site and play with your friends. Come on back when YOU actually own a AMG.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Guys stay respectful or this one will be closed too.

Its ok to rebut and retort but no insults.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Lota haters on an MB forum when an AMG throws down an epic 7:11 on a car that you'll actually be able to buy! Rather than say good job the conspiracy theorist are practicing the fake news to discredit the time.
AMG's smart enough to know you can't cheat the Ring times anymore. Too many people and cameras involved in the effort and it's a third party testing rather than the best segment times that Porsche use to post for their Ring times of yore.

Remember Porsche lovers how the Nissan GTR kicked *** on the Ring and Porsche management tried to discredit it. Then Porsche said "**** howdy" we better make our cars better and they did (991).

If you don't think Porsche management felt a punch in the gut after a MERCEDES GT-R crushed their tail wagging RS time you don't understand German ego and pride.

Porsche will come back with something, although if it's a 991 chassis you cannot change the weight distribution and physics of 65% hanging aft the rear axle. Someone told me that was for safety reasons. It kept the rich owners from killing themselves when they ran out of talent and the *** end hit the wall first thereby keeping the motor between them and certain death.
Perhaps a big hp turbo Cayman...scare bleu!
Old 12-14-2016, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Well said Jim

A lot of "fans", excuses and hot air as a result. That was an epic run at a real course.

End of day it forces engineers to push the boundry yet again, benefitting us all.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:59 PM

C63 Edition-507
WHOA WHOA easy there boys. Is the Nissan GT-R stock or modded? Were did you see that film?

Did you see how the 991 GT3RS kicked the butt of the supposedly more powerful (in paper)?

LINK:

So for now maybe, just maybe the GT-R "temporarily" may be the top dog, just maybe. We will see when my new 2018 GT2RS comes out. It sure can use the AMG GT-R to wipe the dust it leaves on the tracks. Pound for pound, PORSCHE, made for the track, stays on the track

Yo ROMEOE55 when do you want to race you AMG GT? Oh I get it, we have to wait until the crow turns white, or when the pigs learn to fly.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Well said Jim

A lot of "fans", excuses and hot air as a result. That was an epic run at a real course.

End of day it forces engineers to push the boundry yet again, benefitting us all.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Here's a good video for you GT fans. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxthzMs_M-M

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
So your GTR beats a Volkswagen GTI. Congratulations !

How is this is on topic to a AMG GTR and Nurburgring Florence?
Old 12-16-2016, 12:45 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR (sadly now sold)+991.2 GT3 RS+GT3 Touring+991 GTS+997 GT3 RS+996 GT3 RS+964 RS+Mini Cooper S
I am a diehard Porsche fan (3 in the garage, inc GT3) who is open to buying other good cars when they come along. I have just ordered a GT R. It will be my first MB product although a friend of mine who used to be one of the AMG engine builders has been urging me to add an AMG to my garage for a long time.

Just joined this forum and can't believe the amount of cross brand vitriol. It doesn't happen on the Porsxhe forum.

Anyway, there is no doubt that the GTR ring time is mighty impressive and unmatched by Porsche, exc 918. For me it is an interesting stat, and it shows that the GT is finally good, no, very good on track. But for me the proof will be when I gat my GTR to the track, flog the hell out of it all day at Spa, and then still be able to drive home at the end of the day. That's one of the real strengths of Porsche. You can wring their necks all day and they still keep going. Too often I have seen AMGs, ferraris and BMWs call it quits after a handful of laps. So if my GTR is still running and putting down good lap times at the end of a long days track work, I will be a very happy AMG owner.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:18 AM

C63 Edition-507
I agree with you GTR3693. I've said it before and will say it again. Just as many PORSCHE fans, owners, and lovers, we buy PORSCHES because it is built for the track and stays on the track. This is referencing the GT models.

While the initial reports of the AMG GT-R looks impressive, I do believe the top dog "Black Series", is the real deal, not to discount what so far AMG GT-R have by far portrayed in their initial releases. Just like you, I'd be very impressed without any mods if you can drive it at the track without going into "Limp Mode" which has been the "weakness" of AMG. Hardcore AMG enthusiasts are compelled to make simple or hardcore mods for their AMG's to weather the hard tests of driving it on tracks.

There are some members here who are outright biased because they bought this model AMG GT and AMG-S which undeniably have had some serious quality and reliability issues. You can read the numerous threads of these two defective (not all though) early model release. I do not condemn the brand but rather the management team of AMG released this new flagship without their typical rigor of quality control. I suppose the drive to the almighty dollar was more important to them. Then before that they started to Wh0r3 out the AMG brand by slapping the decal/emblem on almost all of the Mercedes Benz products which diluted the brand which is a contributory cause why the resale value sinks faster than the Titanic. I love AMG models. had a 2001 E55 and 2002 C32. Currently have a 2014 C63 Edition-507.

Glad to read your unbiased input and opinion.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by GTR3693
I am a diehard Porsche fan (3 in the garage, inc GT3) who is open to buying other good cars when they come along. I have just ordered a GT R. It will be my first MB product although a friend of mine who used to be one of the AMG engine builders has been urging me to add an AMG to my garage for a long time.

Just joined this forum and can't believe the amount of cross brand vitriol. It doesn't happen on the Porsxhe forum.

Anyway, there is no doubt that the GTR ring time is mighty impressive and unmatched by Porsche, exc 918. For me it is an interesting stat, and it shows that the GT is finally good, no, very good on track. But for me the proof will be when I gat my GTR to the track, flog the hell out of it all day at Spa, and then still be able to drive home at the end of the day. That's one of the real strengths of Porsche. You can wring their necks all day and they still keep going. Too often I have seen AMGs, ferraris and BMWs call it quits after a handful of laps. So if my GTR is still running and putting down good lap times at the end of a long days track work, I will be a very happy AMG owner.

Last edited by amgfan1; 12-16-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR (sadly now sold)+991.2 GT3 RS+GT3 Touring+991 GTS+997 GT3 RS+996 GT3 RS+964 RS+Mini Cooper S
To be fair, Porsche have had serious quality problems too. I have just had a top end rebuild on my GT3 under warranty as a result of the known design fault with the oiling system and the resultant wear on the DLC finger followers causing miss-fires. I am only one of a few hundred owners who had their engines rebulit or replaced in the last 12 months due to this problem...and this is on top of the 700+ engines that had to be replaced after the early stop sale in 2014 due to engine fires.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
I agree with you GTR3693. I've said it before and will say it again. Just as many PORSCHE fans, owners, and lovers, we buy PORSCHES because it is built for the track and stays on the track. This is referencing the GT models.

While the initial reports of the AMG GT-R looks impressive, I do believe the top dog "Black Series", is the real deal, not to discount what so far AMG GT-R have by far portrayed in their initial releases. Just like you, I'd be very impressed without any mods if you can drive it at the track without going into "Limp Mode" which has been the "weakness" of AMG. Hardcore AMG enthusiasts are compelled to make simple or hardcore mods for their AMG's to weather the hard tests of driving it on tracks.

There are some members here who are outright biased because they bought this model AMG GT and AMG-S which undeniably have had some serious quality and reliability issues. You can read the numerous threads of these two defective (not all though) early model release. I do not condemn the brand but rather the management team of AMG released this new flagship without their typical rigor of quality control. I suppose the drive to the almighty dollar was more important to them. Then before that they started to Wh0r3 out the AMG brand by slapping the decal/emblem on almost all of the Mercedes Benz products which diluted the brand which is a contributory cause why the resale value sinks faster than the Titanic. I love AMG models. had a 2001 E55 and 2002 C32. Currently have a 2014 C63 Edition-507.

Glad to read your unbiased input and opinion.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

PORSCHE LOVER1:

Do you clip your canned responses from your earlier posts to repeat after each AMG WRITEUP?

Your GTR/GTS problems and performance facts are downright WRONG and unsupportable. There haven't been any major issues with a GTS in at least 6-8 months now. There are NO limp mode reports for nearly a year.

If you have facts from REAL GT/GTS owners provide the links.

On the other hand those Volks/P motor fires are raging. Where's the hot dogs and burgers when you need them?

Now skip on back to the Volks "P" site and play with your friends. You don't have a AMG GT/GTS/GTR so you have NO valid input in this section except to stur the pot.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
What he said.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR Nurburgring