GTR Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by GTR3693
To be fair, Porsche have had serious quality problems too. I have just had a top end rebuild on my GT3 under warranty as a result of the known design fault with the oiling system and the resultant wear on the DLC finger followers causing miss-fires. I am only one of a few hundred owners who had their engines rebulit or replaced in the last 12 months due to this problem...and this is on top of the 700+ engines that had to be replaced after the early stop sale in 2014 due to engine fires.
GTR3693:
I respect your honesty and forthrightness and look forward to learning more from your experiences with your Porches and AMG!!

Best wishes to you and yours for a very happy holiday season.

Last edited by JSwan724; 12-18-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
Yo BUBBA JSwan724, I have owned both AMG and lots more GT Porsches. Why I don't own the AMG GT nor the AMG GT-S is because of the dreadful launch where defects were deplorable especially on those first releases. While it has improved, I wouldn't touch nor buy one from a mile away.

Just buy the new AMG GT-R. Would love to read your feedback on that car if you do buy one, since you cannot afford to buy GT PORSCHES anyway.

Lastly use spell checker or have a peer check before your post on the forum. It looks horrible BUBBA. Peanut gallery type.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by JSwan724
PORSCHE LOVER1:

Do you clip your canned responses from your earlier posts to repeat after each AMG WRITEUP?

Your GTR/GTS problems and performance facts are downright WRONG and unsupportable. There haven't been any major issues with a GTS in at least 6-8 months now. There are NO limp mode reports for nearly a year.

If you have facts from REAL GT/GTS owners provide the links.

On the other hand those Volks/P motor fires are raging. Where's the hot dogs and burgers when you need them?

Now skip on back to the Volks "P" site and play with your friends. You don't have a AMG GT/GTS/GTR so you have NO valid input in this section except to stur the pot.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by amgfan1
Yo BUBBA JSwan724, I have owned both AMG and lots more GT Porsches. Why I don't own the AMG GT nor the AMG GT-S is because of the dreadful launch where defects were deplorable especially on those first releases. While it has improved, I wouldn't touch nor buy one from a mile away.

Just buy the new AMG GT-R. Would love to read your feedback on that car if you do buy one, since you cannot afford to buy GT PORSCHES anyway.

Lastly use spell checker or have a peer check before your post on the forum. It looks horrible BUBBA. Peanut gallery type.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
PORSCHELOVER1

Your facts are and have been wrong about the GTS. Provide some links for your misinformation or go away. Whatever you turn up it will be a far less number than the ENGINE FIRES on the "P"/Volkswagon cars...

FWIW: I have been driving my Edition 1 since 4/15/15 and have NO problems whatsoever!!

You don't have a AMG GT/GTS/GTR so you have NO valid input in this section except to stur the pot.

YES I can well afford a "P"/Volks GT3 but its not my type of car. Too many on the road.

YES I have a GTR on order.

I don't need a "peer checker" I have YOU. Besides I am not **** retentive.

Last edited by JSwan724; 12-17-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Pay no mind Swan he's a Creepy troll that probably hasn't had any meaningful time in the GT as well.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 12-17-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:37 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
I'm thinking this post is about done. Hope some of you guys know that not all Porsche owners are "Richards". We are all very passionate about our cars, and we should be able to bust each others ***** to a point, but its going too far. Happy Holidays to you all and your Families.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
I'm thinking this post is about done. Hope some of you guys know that not all Porsche owners are "Richards". We are all very passionate about our cars, and we should be able to bust each others ***** to a point, but its going too far. Happy Holidays to you all and your Families.
Robbie:

It's a very good topic area except for one poster who has no valid input here and just likes to continuously stur the pot and agitate the members.

Yes, many if us here do poke at each other and even pass a few "slap shots" on occasion but as you pointed out it's all in good fun.

There are more than a few Porsche owners here who also have a GTS. I am of the opinion that there is a lot to be learned from you guys dual experience.

I am looking forward to your comments.

Happy holidays to you and yours.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Robbie:

It's a very good topic area except for one poster who has no valid input here and just likes to continuously stur the pot and agitate the members.

Yes, many if us here do poke at each other and even pass a few "slap shots" on occasion but as you pointed out it's all in good fun.

There are more than a few Porsche owners here who also have a GTS. I am of the opinion that there is a lot to be learned from you guys dual experience.

I am looking forward to your comments.

Happy holidays to you and yours.
Yes indeed me as well.

I'm looking forward to future posted times at this track as well as more cars get released. I've seen comments that there may be a few seconds more to shave off.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Yes indeed me as well.

I'm looking forward to future posted times at this track as well as more cars get released. I've seen comments that there may be a few seconds more to shave off.
AMG 17GT:

Happy holidays to you and yours as well.

The GTR should be a lot of fun.

Regards
Old 12-17-2016, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
AMG 17GT:

Happy holidays to you and yours as well.

The GTR should be a lot of fun.

Regards
Back at you sir!

Looking forward to experiencing your car vicariously
Old 12-17-2016, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Well said man.
The following users liked this post:
RobbieRob (12-17-2016)
Old 12-17-2016, 09:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-g...l#post13798166

Why do you need to fill the threads with this stuff?

Both Porsche and Mercedes have had issues with these track capable cars, its mechanical, it will fail at some point and is never going to be perfect; nor will it be the last time either manufacturer gets it wrong with new cars.

We are all fortunate in being able to have these cars, enjoy them as we all attempt to find 10/10th's from these cars on tracks and so on (knowing my driving level will never be a pro drivers level, and that is part of the fun for myself in pretending to try and get that close).

Lets keep it constructive and humorous huh? No need to for hostility
Old 12-18-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Porsche quality

Porsche reveal cause of 991 GT3 fires

The pair of engine failures that caused two brand new Porsche 991 GT3s to ignite were the result of a problem with a piston connecting rod bolt. Speaking to Total 911, Porsche GB Product Affairs Manager, Nick Perry, explained that “the broken connecting rod bolt caused damage to the crankcase” of the burnt out GT3s.

So a few Porsche 911 GT3 models caught fire. Porsche agreed to replace nearly 800 engines at no cost to the owners to fix the problem. End of story, right? Not quite, as it turns out GT3 owners are still pissed off because they say Porsche isn't treating everyone the same.

Volkswagen AG has agreed to pay roughly 200 million dollars to offset the emissions produced by the 3.0 TDI V6 engines in the US. About 85,000 of Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche vehicles were sold in the United States with the mentioned turbodiesel engine that has been found to have been fitted with a so-called defeat device. These include the VW Touareg, Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne sport utility vehicles.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
'19 AMG C43 Wagon
Everything else on here aside, this was a remarkable time to say the least...
Old 12-18-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Yeah, no excuse for those Porsche fires. I guess a lot of manufacturers have them once in a while, Ferrari, Lamborghini, new Acura NSX, etc. At least I'll look cool going down the road in a blaze, in my GT3...lol
Old 12-19-2016, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I am somewhat really disappointed how low some members have gone to trash this board and bring nothing to the conversation. Moderators should ban them for a while... They must be daily driving BMWs
GTR3693: welcome to the forum and please don't mind the few people that are only there to derail threads.
The GT is not perfect but it is a hell of a drivers car. 3,000 miles on my daily driver and nothing but driving bliss.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by emericr
I am somewhat really disappointed how low some members have gone to trash this board and bring nothing to the conversation. Moderators should ban them for a while... They must be daily driving BMWs
GTR3693: welcome to the forum and please don't mind the few people that are only there to derail threads.
The GT is not perfect but it is a hell of a drivers car. 3,000 miles on my daily driver and nothing but driving bliss.
emericr:

You are right. Maybe things will be better but not too boring next year. We do have a few of us that like some friendly banter on occasion.

I am glad your GT is running well and all you hoped it would be.

Safe driving and enjoy your ride!!

Happy Holidays
Old 12-19-2016, 09:38 PM

C63 Edition-507
I agree RobbieRob. "All Guns Blazing." NO excuses and PORSCHE pacified and appeased their GT3 customers announcing a "Stop Sale, and "REPLACED" the whole lot of first adopters with a brand new motor and not just piece meal and replace the defective parts. While their cars engines were being replaced, they provided the GT3 owners a spanking brand new Carrera 4S as a service loaner until they got their cars back. Now that was "Classy" deed without a doubt.

On the other hand I am not here to pick a fight with specific individuals. I am here to reiterate how Mercedes Benz in general were NOT forthright to the early adopters of the newly released back then very problematic GT-S Edition-1. If you are true to yourselves owners of AMG GT and AMG-S, that really hurt the resale value and image of those AMG GT and AMG GT-S, which took over the flagship of the then AMG SLS. Now if you own an AMG GT or the AMG GT-S that had no issues, then consider yourselves lucky and congratulations boys. As the saying goes,

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
-Bruce Lee

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Yeah, no excuse for those Porsche fires. I guess a lot of manufacturers have them once in a while, Ferrari, Lamborghini, new Acura NSX, etc. At least I'll look cool going down the road in a blaze, in my GT3...lol

Last edited by amgfan1; 12-19-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
I agree RobbieRob. "All Guns Blazing." NO excuses and PORSCHE pacified and appeased their GT3 customers announcing a "Stop Sale, and "REPLACED" the whole lot of first adopters with a brand new motor and not just piece meal and replace the defective parts. While their cars engines were being replaced, they provided the GT3 owners a spanking brand new Carrera 4S as a service loaner until they got their cars back. Now that was "Classy" deed without a doubt.

On the other hand I am not here to pick a fight with specific individuals. I am here to reiterate how Mercedes Benz in general were NOT forthright to the early adopters of the newly released back then very problematic GT-S Edition-1. If you are true to yourselves owners of AMG GT and AMG-S, that really hurt the resale value and image of those AMG GT and AMG GT-S, which took over the flagship of the then AMG SLS. Now if you own an AMG GT or the AMG GT-S that had no issues, then consider yourselves lucky and congratulations boys. As the saying goes,

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
-Bruce Lee

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Richard

Do tell us all your driving experiences with the AMG GT. Specifically how much time you've spent behind the wheel.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Y'know, if the troll doesn't get any reactions], it goes away.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:27 PM

C63 Edition-507
Here you go ROMEOE55, Quack Outlaw, or AMG 17GT. How does Nurburgring lap time of 6:56.4 sound to you, compared to 7:10? It is only FOURTEEN seconds faster than the latest AMG GT-R.

LINK:

If that is not enough how about the BEST and FASTEST 911 ever made, Ladies and Gentlemen, The KingKong of Nurburgring.

LINK:

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Ok so JR cart what's our bet???

Oh and Florence if you can take your car out of that garage with a chimney, I'm all ears on a GTR to Pcar GTR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AtXzca-zSY&ebc=ANyPxKpxW6FbGrtmsEdlCzEcx7z6BoUAbrmcfuKt89 t3-E2BuLG_1TJJP5zbwPEUJqEDwIBVMKpGGphFax06EPcbMjBxIOP WPA
Old 04-25-2018, 11:07 PM

C63 Edition-507
JRCART, he will never have an AMG GT-R. He can only afford a base AMG GT.

ROMEOE55, how is the depreciation on your base AMG GT? Did you do any mods to make it run faster? Please update us if you are able to beat a PORSCHE Macan.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by jrcart
Impressive but doubt you can wheel a car like that lol. Name your bet, I guarantee I have more racing and track experience than you so I am not too worried and the bet still stands. $10,000 plus loser pays for track rental, is that in the ballpark of what you were thinking? hell, I will run you in a GT-S and you can run in a GT-R.....BTW, who's GT-R are you going to be driving?????