Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS or an AMG GTR?

Old 03-16-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
I guess many people here are not aware of the motors blowing up on these porsches ... Porsche's excuse is that they are high RPM motors and when not taken to higher rpms the motor does not get lubricated ... I am so sick of the candy *** Porsche guys making excuses .... 1st was the bearings failing , then coolant pipes popping off and the motors would over heat and fail and now this .... the interiors just fall apart after two years .. No thank you.. new porsches are just not made the same as the old ones and just disposable...
Old 03-20-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 378 Likes on 159 Posts
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Fwiw I just sold my 16 GT3 RS and 15 Turbo S and getting a 991.2 manual GT3 and an AMG GTR.

The RS was an interesting car to own, but unless you are a collector or plan to track it it's not a fun car to drive on public roads. The buckets are literally a pain in the *** and back and its peak output is very high in the power band making it difficult to exploit under normal driving, in fact unless you try live at around 6k rpm (hard to do on the street) the car feels downright slow. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome car with awesome grip and a very visceral experience to drive, just not that much on the street. When faced with the choice of driving it or the TTS on any given day I always chose the TTS.

My guess is that despite the performance focus of the GTR it is still going to be a friendlier and more fun all around car than the RS, which is only built for one thing.

The ex's:

GT3 RS or an AMG GTR?-dsc03506_zpstsnebdii.jpg

Last edited by soulsea; 03-20-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
I agree on all impressions. Those are the 2 to buy now.

That driveway must be hell on the paint man....
Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 PM

Received 378 Likes on 159 Posts
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Ha, that's not my driveway ... just a nice place for pics.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
991.2 GT3RS

AMG GT-R

FOURTEEN seconds ahead is like eternity.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 04-22-2018, 04:07 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
'18 GT R on order, F80 M3
Originally Posted by amgfan1
FOURTEEN seconds ahead is like eternity.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Digging up a dead thread to troll so I hate to even comment, but these laps are hardly comparable. Professional race driver backed by the manufacturer race team, versus a writer for a magazine with zero support. For what it’s worth, the magazine guy went 7:28 in the 991.1 GT3RS. It’s unfortunate that Mercedes won’t put a real driver in the car to settle all the pissing matches, but the boss man doesn’t seem interested. Such is life. 6:56 is dang quick though!

Last edited by super95awd; 04-22-2018 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by super95awd

Digging up a dead thread to troll so I hate to even comment, but these laps are hardly comparable. Professional race driver backed by the manufacturer race team, versus a writer for a magazine with zero support. For what it’s worth, the magazine guy went 7:28 in the 991.1 GT3RS. It’s unfortunate that Mercedes won’t put a real driver in the car to settle all the pissing matches, but the boss man doesn’t seem interested. Such is life. 6:56 is dang quick though!

Besides the 991.2 GT3 RS being driven by a real ‘Pro’, the car was shod with Michelin’s new SC2 ‘R’ tyre, that is even faster than the SC2 ZP’s that can be ordered on the GTR in certain markets. In fact I hope Michelin make the ‘R’ in fitments for the GTR.

That being said it was a fantastic lap for the Porsche but if you watch the whole video, the car really was being driven on the ‘knife’s edge’ the whole time. It could so easily have gone ‘wrong’ very quickly and was the kind of lap that never could have been recreated lap after lap without shunting the car. Further it was a lap so far removed from what the typical ‘weekend warrior’ can accomplish with the car, that it’s somewhat academic in regards to what you’ll see performance wise every day.

It could well be a watershed moment though for a NA engined Porsche GT as there remains rumours that the next version might have to switch to FI.

Bish
The following users liked this post:
emericr (04-23-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Watching both those videos back to back shows a real disparity. On the P car driver has a gloved hyperactive style, trying to wrench every bit of performance out of Car. The journalist in the GTR has this laid back and don’t wreck it driving style.

Again, a tuned GTR with a pro driver would match it no doubt. The active aero on GTR really shines as it tops out 23 kph higher on straights. Comparing both now just shows how GTR is such a competitive value.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 04-22-2018 at 03:00 PM.
emericr (04-23-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 02:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
190E 2.5-16v
Awesome time, of the GT3 RS, in the 6min Nurburgring club.

Expect a fight and reply from the new AMG GT R clubsport (or whatever they call it).
Old 04-22-2018, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by NitrousVic
Awesome time, of the GT3 RS, in the 6min Nurburgring club.

Expect a fight and reply from the new AMG GT R clubsport (or whatever they call it).
By all accounts the Clubsport version might just be a little lighter and with greater aero, BUT the real competitor is going to be the Black Series. That’s going to be the true comparison to the GT3 RS; a real ‘track weapon’.

Bish
Old 04-22-2018, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Black series being a limited special edition, is not really a fair comparison to a production GT3 RS. I would expect a BS to beat that time. You can bet MB watched and took notes on that video. As stated above, a GTR with the same prep and caliber of driver would be a great shootout. With that said, it was a fantastic time and great skill on that run. I have to give a compliment, where a compliment is due.
thebishman (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 12:48 PM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Originally Posted by thebishman

By all accounts the Clubsport version might just be a little lighter and with greater aero, BUT the real competitor is going to be the Black Series. That’s going to be the true comparison to the GT3 RS; a real ‘track weapon’.

Bish
Ideologically the Clubsport is the direct competitor to the RS, ie lighter more aero but still relatively close to the base car. The GT3RS is only about 3% faster, that's a relatively easy gap to close especially when the GTR is clearly faster in a straight line.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack
Ideologically the Clubsport is the direct competitor to the RS, ie lighter more aero but still relatively close to the base car. The GT3RS is only about 3% faster, that's a relatively easy gap to close especially when the GTR is clearly faster in a straight line.
That 3% should be easy to close with even better tyres on the GTR, and a more committed 'Pro' driver. Frankly I think the GTR would be easier to drive 'on the ragged edge' which is where the GT3 RS was at many times during what was a fantastic lap.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:25 AM

C63 Edition-507
Let's NOT kid ourselves BOYZ.

AMG is NOT STUPID and can afford to prep their own car and have the money to pay even their top driver Lewis Hamilton to drive the GT-R.

The fact of the matter is regardless gloves or no gloves. the AMG GT-R, always likes to look at the beautiful rear end of the 911 GT cars.

Here is another great video where an AMG GT-C cannot even beat a 991.2 GT3 Touring.

AMG GT-C V-8 twin-turbo, more horsepower, more torque. PORSCHE GT3 Touring, Boxer type engine six-cylinder, Naturally Aspirated, and Stick Shift (slower gear box). Guess who won that race???

AMG need to do BETTER. AMG is a very good luxury car that can be taken to the track. NOT a track car.

"PORSCHE, there is no subsitute."

Happy Motoring Boyz.

LINK:

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Watching both those videos back to back shows a real disparity. On the P car driver has a gloved hyperactive style, trying to wrench every bit of performance out of Car. The journalist in the GTR has this laid back and don’t wreck it driving style.

Again, a tuned GTR with a pro driver would match it no doubt. The active aero on GTR really shines as it tops out 23 kph higher on straights. Comparing both now just shows how GTR is such a competitive value.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Let's NOT kid ourselves BOYZ.

AMG is NOT STUPID and can afford to prep their own car and have the money to pay even their top driver Lewis Hamilton to drive the GT-R.

The fact of the matter is regardless gloves or no gloves. the AMG GT-R, always likes to look at the beautiful rear end of the 911 GT cars.

Here is another great video where an AMG GT-C cannot even beat a 991.2 GT3 Touring.

AMG GT-C V-8 twin-turbo, more horsepower, more torque. PORSCHE GT3 Touring, Boxer type engine six-cylinder, Naturally Aspirated, and Stick Shift (slower gear box). Guess who won that race???

AMG need to do BETTER. AMG is a very good luxury car that can be taken to the track. NOT a track car.

"PORSCHE, there is no subsitute."

Happy Motoring Boyz.

LINK:
AMG GT-c Versus PORSCHE 991.2 GT3 Touring

Drive safe,
amgfan1
You really are such an arrogant and childish a*s*h*l*, f*c* off back over to RL where you belong and stop trolling AMG owners who not only love their cars AND Porsches, but all high performance cars for the enjoyment they give us in so many ways.

You really need to be banned as all you do is sow discourse and add nothing positive to this forum.

Vic, are you listening?

Bish

Jim Brady (04-25-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 10:53 AM

C63 Edition-507
RELAX Big Boy.

I merely stated FACTS and NO LIES.

You are Frustrated because you do not want to pay ADM on your dream of acquiring a GT3 or a GT3RS. Just be happy with your GT-R. It is a good car but not as good as a GT3RS.

LQQK at the title of this thread. I talk and discuss about AMG GT-R versus PORSCHE GT3 cars. You are a grown man and act like one. DO NOT INVOKE PERSONAL attacks Big Boy. Quit being a cry baby. Lets stick to what the car is all about.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

You really are such an arrogant and childish a*s*h*l*, f*c* off back over to RL where you belong and stop trolling AMG owners who not only love their cars AND Porsches, but all high performance cars for the enjoyment they give us in so many ways.

You really need to be banned as all you do is sow discourse and add nothing positive to this forum.

Vic, are you listening?

Bish

Last edited by amgfan1; 04-24-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
RELAX Big Boy.

I merely stated FACTS and NO LIES.

You are Frustrated because you do not want to pay ADM on your dream of acquiring a GT3 or a GT3RS. Just be happy with your GT-R. It is a good car but not as good as a GT3RS.

LQQK at the title of this thread. I talk and discuss about AMG GT-R versus PORSCHE GT3 cars. You are a grown man and act like one. DO NOT INVOKE PERSONAL attacks Big Boy. Quit being a cry baby. Lets stick to what the car is all about.

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Listen little man,

Why don’t you go and get yourself a Urology consult for what is obviously some issues with penile stature, because I and I’m sure many others are sick and tired of your constant trolling and childish antics. Grow up FFS.

Bish
The following 3 users liked this post by thebishman:
Jim Brady (04-25-2018), JSwan724 (04-24-2018), soulsea (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 06:18 PM

C63 Edition-507
I get it Grandpa. You do not want to discus about the difference between PORSCHE GT* cars, and your very expensive, well depreciating AMG GT-R that runs behind the PORSCHE GT* cars.

I get it that you are FRUSTRATED you couldn't acquire a 991.2 GT3 nor the 991.2 GT3RS, since you do not want to pay the ADM. Well, PORSCHE is very desirable, durable, and reliable, thus the ADM tacked on by dealers. Nothing you, I nor anyone else can do about that. So just enjoy your expensive AMG GT-R but slower than PORSCHE GT* cars. It still is a nice car. It is illegal to drive beyond the speed limits on the street anyways and I don't think you have the driver skill set to own a PORSCHE, so be thankful for what you've got, Grandpa.

What you should do is, be like AMG 17GT, Outlaw, or ROMEOE55. He bought a base AMG GT (who buys base cars nowadays anyways). Buy a base AMG GT, mod the heck out of it, then you can kick those bone stock, out of the box, production cars by PORSCHE. Then thump your chest. A heavily modded AMG GT might have a fighting chance to beat the 991.2 GT3.

So cool down, and relax. Cut down on coffee to lessen your hypertension, Grandpa.

Happy Motoring and have a nice evening Grandpa.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Listen little man,

Why don’t you go and get yourself a Urology consult for what is obviously some issues with penile stature, because I and I’m sure many others are sick and tired of your constant trolling and childish antics. Grow up FFS.

Bish

Last edited by amgfan1; 04-24-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Bish and everybody else that has grown tired of this guy. Just put him on ignore and don’t respond to his posts.

He doesn’t own any cars except his older Toyota and is just trying to provoke a response. Many of you have kids and are very familiar with this strategy.

He is currently trying to stur up sh.t on the Private Lounge too.

He is always pushing “P” cars so let him go over to their sites and hassle them.

Regards
Jim Brady (04-25-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 09:16 PM

C63 Edition-507
ROTFLMAO! You are just a sour pu$$. Just face it Jake, AMG GT-R is NOT good enough. Save money and buy the AMG Black Series.

Better yet when you have money plus ADM, buy a PORSCHE GT car, then you'll know what "Track Car" performance is all about.

As I have stated many times. AMG is a very good car you can take to the track but never hallucinate that it is a great track car.

Let me go back to the garage and smell my PORSCHES.

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by JSwan724
Bish and everybody else that has grown tired of this guy. Just put him on ignore and don’t respond to his posts.

He doesn’t own any cars except his older Toyota and is just trying to provoke a response. Many of you have kids and are very familiar with this strategy.

He is always pushing “P” cars so let him go over to their sites and hassle them.

Regards

Last edited by amgfan1; 04-24-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by JSwan724

Regards
Jerry do you know the steps to place someone on ignore on this forum?

I really think Vic needs to step in here btw. Children needs ‘holidays’ to unwind you know! lol

Bish
Jim Brady (04-25-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63

Jerry do you know the steps to place someone on ignore on this forum?

I really think Vic needs to step in here btw. Children needs ‘holidays’ to unwind you know! lol

Bish

Go To
The top of the page banner
User CP
Settings & Options
Edit Ignore List

I’ve had him on ignore for a few months now. He’s a fricking kid pulling peoples chains for amusement.

Last edited by JSwan724; 04-25-2018 at 03:02 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by JSwan724:
California John (04-26-2018), Jim Brady (04-25-2018), thebishman (04-25-2018)