Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any pictures of the roll cage of AMG GTR with AMG Track Package

Old 10-03-2018, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Interesting. Can U please ask your customer to have detailed pix taken of the install process?

TIA
Old 10-03-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 145 Likes on 94 Posts
GTR
Originally Posted by thebishman
Interesting. Can U please ask your customer to have detailed pix taken of the install process?

TIA
It should be delivered next week. Sadly, my car does not arrive until late November but it will be this set up.
The following users liked this post:
shardul (10-04-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:26 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Those seats are not designed to be used with harnesses. That’s a really dangerous setup.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:17 PM

GTR
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack
Those seats are not designed to be used with harnesses. That’s a really dangerous setup.
Can you please elaborate on why its dangerous?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2018, 12:29 PM

fun ones.
Originally Posted by MG1422
Can you please elaborate on why its dangerous?

Thanks
It’s specifically referenced in the eu manual that they’re not designed for harnesses.

ideally you need individual slots for each strap. The folding mechanism is unlikely to be designed for the additional loads. In an accident with an inertia reel belt you’re supposed to move forward from the seat to absorb the energy and prevent submarining so the seat back does really have any significant load placed on it. Harnesses are the complete opposite.

as I said in the posts above even with the eu spec buckets it’s a very poor setup esp for taller drivers.

The scroth 4 points mount really poorly with the stock cage.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 570 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
I can see two problems: the angle of the shoulder belts will be far off to be safe, and the headrest cushion looks like it might make wearing a HANS type device difficult. Hope I’m wrong on both.

Bish
Old 10-04-2018, 03:12 PM

GTR
I know that ideally you would need slots for all straps but this is how it is done with all corvette competition seats for the lap belts, same with Ferrari, Nissan gtr, Porsche with sparco spx seats etc. As for preventing submarining, with a Schroth Racing Profi II ASM your body will absorb the energy thanks to the shoulder straps with ASM technology.

Bish, for the angle I see no real problem at least for someone my height 5'10. My shoulders come right below the slots on the seat. And for the angle the seat can be moved to have it any wear from 0-20 degrees. From what it looks like in the picture it looks very doable to get the correct/safe angle.
As for the HANS you might be right, I won't know until I test it but if anything you can always use a Simpson hybrid HANS which shouldn't be a problem..I think.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:52 PM

fun ones.
I know that ideally you would need slots for all straps but this is how it is done with all corvette competition seats for the lap belts, same with Ferrari, Nissan gtr, Porsche with sparco spx seats etc. As for preventing submarining, with a Schroth Racing Profi II ASM your body will absorb the energy thanks to the shoulder straps with ASM technology.
Nissan GTR doesn’t have harnesses, no Porsche runs spx and harnesses that I can think of. You can’t justify a **** setup because someone else does it too.

if you’re modding the car anyway just put a proper seat in?

Schroth ASMs are ok for occasional track use but if not setup correctly I’d rather be in a conventional 3point. When you install the cage you’ll see what I mean. They don’t work correctly in this car, the belts run over internal trim pieces, the only way to fix this is with an aftermarket seat.

Not or sure why anyone wants to half *** safety, like the old saying goes, buy a $10 helmet if you have a $10 head.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:43 PM

GTR
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack

Nissan GTR doesn’t have harnesses, no Porsche runs spx and harnesses that I can think of. You can’t justify a **** setup because someone else does it too.

if you’re modding the car anyway just put a proper seat in?

Schroth ASMs are ok for occasional track use but if not setup correctly I’d rather be in a conventional 3point. When you install the cage you’ll see what I mean. They don’t work correctly in this car, the belts run over internal trim pieces, the only way to fix this is with an aftermarket seat.

Not or sure why anyone wants to half *** safety, like the old saying goes, buy a $10 helmet if you have a $10 head.
I’m sorry I didn’t clarify. AFTERMARKET Nissan GT-R setups, AFTERMARKET corvette set ups, FACTORY Ferrari set ups. As for Porsche just because you have not seen it does not mean people don’t run them, check out GMG racing they use the SPX seat with a 4 point. So just to be clear all the above are s**t setups? Just checking.

I really dont don’t want to change the seat as of now and if I were to put a seat it wouldn’t be a pole position. I’m trying to make it the best I can for what I have in the USA.

A schroth 4 point will be a lot better to use on the USA seats vs a conventional 3 point on the track and they will be installed by a proper race shop, not myself.

I don’t think I’m half-assing with the setup I’m going for honestly but I did appreciate the helmet comment. I’m going to use that in the future.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:46 PM

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo
Man, what I would do alone with those brackets for 20 minutes(draft them actually)...
Old 10-05-2018, 05:19 AM

fun ones.
I’m sorry I didn’t clarify. AFTERMARKET Nissan GT-R setups, AFTERMARKET corvette set ups, FACTORY Ferrari set ups. As for Porsche just because you have not seen it does not mean people don’t run them, check out GMG racing they use the SPX seat with a 4 point. So just to be clear all the above are s**t setups? Just checking.

I really dont don’t want to change the seat as of now and if I were to put a seat it wouldn’t be a pole position. I’m trying to make it the best I can for what I have in the USA.

A schroth 4 point will be a lot better to use on the USA seats vs a conventional 3 point on the track and they will be installed by a proper race shop, not myself.

I don’t think I’m half-assing with the setup I’m going for honestly but I did appreciate the helmet comment. I’m going to use that in the future.

I see a huge amount of terrible aftermarket setups, I'd also say that probably 30% of harnesses I see at trackdays are not worn correctly (usually lap belt too high). As you say the pole position isn't a great seat for track use either, its part of the reason why I don't run harnesses on my GTR. I was actually going to replace them with something else but I'm now going to wait for the clubsport (and will mod that instead if I don't like the setup).

The shop that installs your harnesses will have the same issue as the factory cars, routing for the belts is not well thought out, the belt runs over the internal trim to reach your outside shoulder. In the event of an accident the trim will just crush and the belt will go slack. The only way to solve this is a seat with slots that sit higher than the standard options.

Mercedes refunded me the full cost of the track pack after I pointed out the errors in the setup.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
I have used OEM GTR roll cage coming up for sale.
Black in color if anyone still wants one.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:24 PM

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo
Originally Posted by shardul

Does it come with the brackets?
You want to ship to Canada?
Cheap?
I will take it.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
amg gts
I will purchase if still available. I know this was posted a long time ago but

Originally Posted by shardul
I will purchase if still available. I know this was posted a long time ago but thought I’d check.