MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Coupe/Roadster (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster-245/)
-   -   AMG Hypercar (https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/658801-amg-hypercar.html)

Wassaby 03-11-2017 05:34 PM

AMG Hypercar

I could not find a specific forum for Hypercar and i just want to bring in your attention that March 17th/2017 is the last day when customers interested in this model can submit their Letter of Intent to buy one.

Jim Brady 03-13-2017 12:08 AM

What's your source? Any one on the forum receive their Project One brochure yet? I'm giving up my slot.
Looks like it's going to have four electric motors with front torque vectoring utilizing the 1.6 liter F1 engine with active aero. Over 1000 HP to compete with the Aston Martin's Hyper car designed by Adrian Newey.
Idle speed is going to be 2200 rpm which is down from 4400 which the FI cars have which sounds a little crazy but I'm sure they get it to work. Amazing how many will ante up without even seeing what it looks like at $2.5mm which will keep the Porsche riff raft from fouling the brand.

Wassaby 03-13-2017 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Brady (Post 7082348)
What's your source? Any one on the forum receive their Project One brochure yet? I'm giving up my slot.
Looks like it's going to have four electric motors with front torque vectoring utilizing the 1.6 liter F1 engine with active aero. Over 1000 HP to compete with the Aston Martin's Hyper car designed by Adrian Newey.
Idle speed is going to be 2200 rpm which is down from 4400 which the FI cars have which sounds a little crazy but I'm sure they get it to work. Amazing how many will ante up without even seeing what it looks like at $2.5mm which will keep the Porsche riff raft from fouling the brand.

Jim, my source is internal MB. You're saying you give up your slot. I'm telling you that right now you have nothing to give up because by submitting your info to the dealership does not guarantee an allocation. Until 17th of March MB is gathering leads and by June customers will be selected with priority given to loyal Mercedes AMG owners and collectors. Very important is that the sale of the Hyper Car will be done directly with Mercedes AMG (Germany) and not between dealer. and customer. All deliveries will be in Germany.

Jim Brady 03-14-2017 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7082994)
Jim, my source is internal MB. You're saying you give up your slot. I'm telling you that right now you have nothing to give up because by submitting your info to the dealership does not guarantee an allocation. Until 17th of March MB is gathering leads and by June customers will be selected with priority given to loyal Mercedes AMG owners and collectors. Very important is that the sale of the Hyper Car will be done directly with Mercedes AMG (Germany) and not between dealer. and customer. All deliveries will be in Germany.

Wassaby,
The comment was tongue in cheek. But as a loyal AMG owner (12+) and twenty other MB from the largest AMG/Benz in the USA I can say with certainty they will be getting some for their best clients as they always do. The other route is through the racing side as the GT3 race teams are going to get some preference. (my source is a race team). Having been part of a privateer AMG effort in the Pirelli series it introduced us to the good lads in Germany. Will I pony up the bucks, nope. Most of the buyers will be similar to the Pagani's clients, two yachts, one jet,8 homes and 12 cars.

Jim Brady 03-16-2017 08:21 PM

Today I received some additional information on the Hypercar which I'm passing on.
This should clarifies some of the posts in this thread.

"Dear Colleagues,
It is our pleasure to provide you with an update about the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Hypercar.

Product: Formula 1 powertrain including a 1.6L V6 coupled with two electric motors, for a total output of >1,000hp. Plug-In Hybrid with approximately 15 miles electric range.
MSRP is 2,275,000euro +tax.

Order Inquiries: We are excited about he overwhelming interest in this vehicle and will continue to gather customer leads until March 17, 2017. As your customers express interest, you may continue to submit Order Bank Inquires in NetStar or email Melissa Witek at Melissa.Witek@musa.com. Yada yada yada. give us you personal info.

Sales Process: By June, customers will be selected with priority being given to loyal Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG owners and collectors'][ Deposits will then be collected and "Letters of Intent" signed Each sale will take place directly between Mercedes-AMG and the individual customer. Dealerships will be involved via a Service Level Agrement with MBUSA. The delivery will be performed in Europe (expected in early 2019).

Communication: Please note that MBUSA has initiated communication with prospects and will continue to do so over the next months. " Provided customer consent they will also receive diret communication from AMG Affalterbach with teasers and information about the Project ONE as well as invitations to exclusive sneak peek events."

This is very similar to what AMG did with the CLK63 black series they offered through the private lounge.

Cheers!

Wassaby 03-16-2017 08:36 PM

Old news at least for me. I will please suggest to edit and take out MB contact email. That information is actually internal, private and it should not be posted here. I hope you understand and thank you.

Originally Posted by Jim Brady (Post 7086591)
Today I received some additional information on the Hypercar which I'm passing on.
This should clarifies some of the posts in this thread.

"Dear Colleagues,
It is our pleasure to provide you with an update about the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Hypercar.

Product: Formula 1 powertrain including a 1.6L V6 coupled with two electric motors, for a total output of >1,000hp. Plug-In Hybrid with approximately 15 miles electric range.
MSRP is 2,275,000euro +tax.

Order Inquiries: We are excited about he overwhelming interest in this vehicle and will continue to gather customer leads until March 17, 2017. As your customers express interest, you may continue to submit Order Bank Inquires in NetStar or email at ... Yada yada yada. give us you personal info.

Sales Process: By June, customers will be selected with priority being given to loyal Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG owners and collectors'][ Deposits will then be collected and "Letters of Intent" signed Each sale will take place directly between Mercedes-AMG and the individual customer. Dealerships will be involved via a Service Level Agrement with MBUSA. The delivery will be performed in Europe (expected in early 2019).

Communication: Please note that MBUSA has initiated communication with prospects and will continue to do so over the next months. " Provided customer consent they will also receive diret communication from AMG Affalterbach with teasers and information about the Project ONE as well as invitations to exclusive sneak peek events."

This is very similar to what AMG did with the CLK63 black series they offered through the private lounge.

Cheers!

Jim Brady 03-16-2017 11:30 PM

Really! Your deposit is not due tomorrow.

Wassaby 04-17-2017 01:56 PM

For the one's that are still thinking...now you're late:

https://www.motor1.com/news/142645/m...e-sold-out-us/

jrcart 04-18-2017 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7118548)
For the one's that are still thinking...now you're late:

https://www.motor1.com/news/142645/m...e-sold-out-us/

Dude, they have not made any decisions yet and there are allocations still available. A few weeks ago someone on the PL asked me if I as going to get one, I commented that I had not received any credible official info so I could not make a decision and the fact that some of my "inside" contacts at AMG in Germany and MBUSA were no longer with the company I was unsure if I had an inside track on an allocation. Well, about a week after I made that post I received an e-mail asking I wanted one. I had originally heard they were going to be $1-$1.25 million USD, at that number I might have considered picking one up but at the approximate $2.6 million price tag its a bit steep. As Jim Brady eluded to we are talking a different level all together, I've bought some $300K+ cars in my days so spending a million might not be a huge stretch, however $2.6 mil is a BIG stretch. Furthermore I have not yet heard an official production build number, it better be super rare, like 25 units or less worldwide to warrant $2.6 mil or it's going to scare away the big dollar collectors. Think about it, there are super rare early F cars that are only brining $2-$3 million at auction. TO put it into perspective from the high-end super collectible point of view I was down at Amelia Island last month at one of the auctions and a 1968 275 GTB-4 sold for just under $3 mil(over $3mill if you toss in fees), and there are only like a dozen of those in existence. I do applaud MB/AMG for attempting to sell these to their loyal brand customers and if they were a million bucks or so cheaper they would have my deposit already.

Wassaby 04-18-2017 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 7119816)
Dude, they have not made any decisions yet and there are allocations still available. A few weeks ago someone on the PL asked me if I as going to get one, I commented that I had not received any credible official info so I could not make a decision and the fact that some of my "inside" contacts at AMG in Germany and MBUSA were no longer with the company I was unsure if I had an inside track on an allocation. Well, about a week after I made that post I received an e-mail asking I wanted one. I had originally heard they were going to be $1-$1.25 million USD, at that number I might have considered picking one up but at the approximate $2.6 million price tag its a bit steep. As Jim Brady eluded to we are talking a different level all together, I've bought some $300K+ cars in my days so spending a million might not be a huge stretch, however $2.6 mil is a BIG stretch. Furthermore I have not yet heard an official production build number, it better be super rare, like 25 units or less worldwide to warrant $2.6 mil or it's going to scare away the big dollar collectors. Think about it, there are super rare early F cars that are only brining $2-$3 million at auction. TO put it into perspective from the high-end super collectible point of view I was down at Amelia Island last month at one of the auctions and a 1968 275 GTB-4 sold for just under $3 mil(over $3mill if you toss in fees), and there are only like a dozen of those in existence. I do applaud MB/AMG for attempting to sell these to their loyal brand customers and if they were a million bucks or so cheaper they would have my deposit already.

Remember the Mclaren F1? It was about $1mil new. The last one sold at action : $13 mil.
There is no guarantee of AMG hyper car to cost $15 mil in 15 years. Who knew the SLS BS will go up in price and SLR will lose so much value and I don't think every buyer is about collecting.

jrcart 04-20-2017 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7119932)
Remember the Mclaren F1? It was about $1mil new. The last one sold at action : $13 mil.
There is no guarantee of AMG hyper car to cost $15 mil in 15 years. Who knew the SLS BS will go up in price and SLR will lose so much value and I don't think every buyer is about collecting.

I hear what you're saying but you're kinda making my point for me. You bring up the McLaren F1, there were under 100 road going F1's built and sold to the public, however the link you yourself posted a few days ago states there will be 300 or so of these AMG hyper cars built(who knows if that's accurate)....a 300 car run is hardly "rare" in terms of highly collectible cars, hell, a couple of my Black Series had build numbers lower than that. as for your statement about not every buyer being about collecting I will agree with that statement as I am living proof of that, I took a super rare $300K SLS BS, a mars red one which is the rarest color of all and modded the hell out of it to the tune of nearly another $100K in mods and beat the crap out of it on a track for a year and a half. That being said you are now talking about a $2.6 million dollar car, not even sure if I would take something like that out on the track....eh, who am I kidding, it would be at the track within a week of me taking delivery lol. My point being at that price point most of these cars are going to be locked up in private collections never to see the light of day.

Bottom line, whatever info you have is not entirely accurate, there are still allocations available and no final decisions have been made about who is getting one because as I stated I was contacted by MBUSA and asked if I wanted one just a few weeks ago. I assume they contacted me because they know I'm that one customer stupid enough to buy one and actually drive it and maybe even track it lol.

amgfan1 02-18-2018 10:09 PM

For $2.7M car, I think MB AMG is getting ambitious. Of course there might be some rare flippers out there who might "gamble" at that price point. 300 copies is borderline rare I agree with JRCART. What is unbelievable and remarkable is the initial asking price point of $2.7M, for a Hyper Car that Porsche, McLaren, and Ferrari have all entered four years ago. :eek:

Is it true it requires an engine replacement after 30K miles? How much is that new engine replacement? :smash:

So is there anyone here BOLD enough to order and acquire an allocation for this overpriced AMG Hyper Car? :confused:

Drive safe,
amgfan1

thebishman 02-19-2018 10:31 AM

There is at least one member of the forum who has a confirmed order in.

Bish