Sponsored by:

WannaGo Fast 1/2 mile in GA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W221 S65, W140 S600, W210 E430, W126 300SD
WannaGo Fast 1/2 mile in GA

Attended the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event in Clayton, GA this past weekend. My second time to try this debacle....I thought I would give it another chance. I cannot express what a clusterF this whole event was. They made a huge deal of tech inspection (had to be signed off by a mechanic/shop) and using the proper Snell SA2010+ auto certified helmet...(no motorcycle helmets allowed! what BS), then didn't even inspect my vehicle OR even look at my helmet upon tech check in. The waiting line to get to the staging area to run was ridiculous...a long single lane, people not in their vehicles (so the line bottlenecks and doesn't move), just a real clusterF. After waiting FOREVER to run each time, I managed to get in a total of 4 runs from 10am to 6PM....all for the princely sum of $275.00. The organizational skills of the WannaGoFast company are a total joke.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Way too much stress in your life, you might have. A chill pill you should take.
This is a car forum so please share what you went with (with mods if any) and how you did.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by emericr
Way too much stress in your life, you might have. A chill pill you should take.
This is a car forum so please share what you went with (with mods if any) and how you did.
A little (lot) off topic BUT just to let you know it seems that MB has decided not to release the US GTR's until "late next month" no reason given.

There are about 300 GTR's in the MB VPC's ready for delivery to customers who have money and want them. Mine is in Brunswick.

What kind of successful business model lets you sit on upwards of $60 million in revenue for 6-8 weeks and provide no meaningful feedback to your customers?

In my assessment the MB board and stock holders ought to fire everybody who think this is a good idea.

Delivery Target date 6/20 +-.

Regards
Old 05-08-2017, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by vee12
Attended the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event in Clayton, GA this past weekend. My second time to try this debacle....I thought I would give it another chance. I cannot express what a clusterF this whole event was. They made a huge deal of tech inspection (had to be signed off by a mechanic/shop) and using the proper Snell SA2010+ auto certified helmet...(no motorcycle helmets allowed! what BS), then didn't even inspect my vehicle OR even look at my helmet upon tech check in. The waiting line to get to the staging area to run was ridiculous...a long single lane, people not in their vehicles (so the line bottlenecks and doesn't move), just a real clusterF. After waiting FOREVER to run each time, I managed to get in a total of 4 runs from 10am to 6PM....all for the princely sum of $275.00. The organizational skills of the WannaGoFast company are a total joke.
That's unfortunate sometimes events don't pan out. How many participants? Doesn't sound like the safety requirements held up the timing, so what should they have done for a better event?
I've been to mile events where we only got 4 runs all day but there was a huge crowd.
Sometime organizers depend on staff to show up or volunteers and it doesn't happen. Not defending but I've been to events where it was obvious there was a staffing issue and I volunteered to the event organizer. Paid back in spades as next event was free!
Old 05-09-2017, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by vee12
Their insurance policy mandates the helmet and rating. Be happy they let you get away with an SA2010, some tracks and event are now requiring the latest SA2015 rating. Most sanctioning bodies allow current and previous (SA2010 & SA2015) but more and more I am seeing them only allow current SA level. As for SA vs M(motorcycle), M does not have any flame resistant testing, SE does. Also SAE test for roll cage impact, M does not. SA is what you want in a car.

How fast did you end up going? There were some debates on this topic on another thread a couple months back.

Last edited by jrcart; 05-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
[QUOTE=jrcart;7141998]Their insurance policy mandates the helmet and rating. Be happy they let you get away with an SAE2010, some tracks and event are now requiring the latest SAE2015 rating. Most sanctioning bodies allow current and previous (SAE2010 & SAE2015) but more and more I am seeing them only allow current SAE level. As for SAE vs M(motorcycle), M does not have any flame resistant testing, SAE does. Also SAE test for roll cage impact, M does not. SAE is what you want in a car.

How fast did you end up going? There were some debates on this topic on another thread a couple months back.[/QUOTE

That was for the 1/2 mile run and I haven't seen the results either