2018 GTR latest on US Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by tony_f8
I have read this on other postings as well and it makes me nuts. Each of us on this forum who can afford a vehicle of this value should be bright enough to know this compensation idea is complete insanity.
Well you have no dog in the hunt and I know for a fact that they compensate when problems arise before delivery.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Td33
He's got the facts. Take off your MB/AMG rose colored glasses and you'll see they're right in front of you.

Other 18 models from other manufacturers have come to US ports, certified and released to dealers.

In other countries they are driving their GTR's.

Maybe MB is holding on to all this sold inventory to see how long it takes to **** off US buyers before they dump the car. Kind of a survey if you will

Maybe they're testing the cars corrosive protection. I never thought of that one

Maybe they're testing the tires to see how long before they develop flat spots that require replacement

Maybe they're testing the plastic protective covers to see how long it takes before it becomes part of the paint

Maybe they're testing to see how long it takes for the rotors to be damaged

I would like to apologize to you because at first I thought you were just a fanboy, but now I see your smarter than all of us.

So in other words you've got nothing.

I'll wait for anyone here to post a link or something factual.

All you have here is a lot of uninformed speculation.

M
Old 08-01-2017, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JSwan724
HE owns BMW's and has "no dog in this hunt" which explains alot!!

It's clear he has no idea how the Mercedes process and customer interaction works

Clearly you guys have no clue how cars are imported to this country.

BMW's come from Germany too, or at least mine did so it's pretty much the same process, but nice try.

M
Old 08-01-2017, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
What I would like to know is how and why deliveries are predicted in late 3rd quarter. On what is that based on specifically?

There needs to be some sort of factory compensation. If it gets into September.

Sheer delusion. Compensation for what? What are you out of? You aren't out of anything.

M
Old 08-01-2017, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wolfman
There will be no compensation nor will they feel obliged to.
MBUSA's official availability date for the GTR is no more specific than "Fall 2017" (as of August 1)

BINGO!!!!!! What in the world are these guys talking about???

M
Old 08-01-2017, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well you have no dog in the hunt and I know for a fact that they compensate when problems arise before delivery.
What is the problem here though? Where are the facts?

You guys don't have any proof of anything.

It's turbochargers, it's the EPA, you've got nothing lol.

Where is the link to the facts?

M
Old 08-01-2017, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Germancar1
What is the problem here though? Where are the facts?

You guys don't have any proof of anything.

It's turbochargers, it's the EPA, you've got nothing lol.

Where is the link to the facts?

M

Rather than inserting yourself in the middle of a conversation where you clearly have no vested or legitimate interest I recommend you go back and read all of the threads and bring yourself up to date to satisfy your curiousity. Your continually trying to provoke those who have legitimate interests clearly isn't working.

I, for one will just ignore your posts and continue to discuss my concerns with the others.
The following users liked this post:
soulsea (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
MB will definitely correct any issues that arise on the car and will replace any tires if they will exhibit any problems while driving.

No doubt about that but that would be unrelated to them sitting at the VPC. That is simply a non-issue to MB other than unrealized revenue and logistics coordination.
Clearly any anxious customer feels frustrated by knowing their car in nearly in reach but officially it is simply an unreleased vehicle.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:48 PM

Received 378 Likes on 159 Posts
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
The new Panamera was stuck in port for emissions reasons for a for several months over the winter. Porsche told their dealers the reason for the holdup and the dealers relayed the information to their customers. Probably the sort of thing that constantly makes Porsche the most desirable vehicle brand in the US.

It's like sitting inside a plane for hours without the pilot or anyone telling the passengers what the hold up is. Yes the pilot can't do anything if there's weather at the destination but there isn't anyone, including those who defend MB in this thread, that wouldn't prefer to be kept informed as to why they haven't taken off after an hour of sitting there.

I don't expect any compensation from MB, if the wait is too long or I feel the car has been compromised because it sat baking on a dock for several months I just will not buy it.

Regrettably I have a question that's actually on topic ...

Does anyone know what the storage conditions are at the VPC? Is it really as simple and unfortunate as the cars got unloaded from the ship and have been sitting at the dock since then? Any chance someone would have the common sense to put covers on cars that can msrp at up to $200k? Is there any indoor storage space that maybe they would have put them in?
thebishman (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by Germancar1
So in other words you've got nothing.

I'll wait for anyone here to post a link or something factual.

All you have here is a lot of uninformed speculation.

M
Your right it's all just an illusion a figment of our imagination that these cars are still sitting at US ports for the he!! of it.

You are right about one thing "you've got nothing." Because these cars continue to sit.

BTW does BMW still make cars? I haven't seen anything from them for years.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Td33
Your right it's all just an illusion a figment of our imagination that these cars are still sitting at US ports for the he!! of it.

You are right about one thing "you've got nothing." Because these cars continue to sit.

BTW does BMW still make cars? I haven't seen anything from them for years.

SHHHH--- Don't tell him but BMW's are made in South Carolina. It's a German car though
Old 08-02-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL450, R8 V10+, M6
I have not laid eyes on the Brunswick terminal personally but this image is from the Georgia Port Authority site. The overwhelming majority of the facility is uncovered...my best guess is that the VPC vehicles are outside with the protective wrap.

Originally Posted by soulsea
Does anyone know what the storage conditions are at the VPC? Is it really as simple and unfortunate as the cars got unloaded from the ship and have been sitting at the dock since then? Any chance someone would have the common sense to put covers on cars that can msrp at up to $200k? Is there any indoor storage space that maybe they would have put them in?
Old 08-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Ml63
Originally Posted by JSwan724
SHHHH--- Don't tell him but BMW's are made in South Carolina. It's a German car though
My lips are sealed
Old 08-02-2017, 12:09 PM

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Originally Posted by shakasean
I have not laid eyes on the Brunswick terminal personally but this image is from the Georgia Port Authority site. The overwhelming majority of the facility is uncovered...my best guess is that the VPC vehicles are outside with the protective wrap.
When you say protective wrap do you mean an actual cover or just the white stickers that they put on the hood, roof, trunk that don't cover the entire car?

For example a couple of years ago my Z06 was delivered with one of these true fitted transport covers:

Last edited by soulsea; 08-02-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL450, R8 V10+, M6
Probably just the standard stickers without complete coverage. The transportation protect foil is the same descriptor as other more mundane MBs that I've ordered. I don't see any indication that there is any special additional coverage for the GTR trim.

I don't recall seeing any photos or videos of the Euro-spec cars with full covers but I don't think I have seen any vehicles that haven't already been dealer prepped.

Maybe a member lives in Savannah and can go snap some photos with a telephoto lens. I am about 4 hours away but may consider it if the delays continue.

When you say protective wrap do you mean an actual cover or just the white stickers that they put on the hood, roof, trunk that don't cover the entire car?

For example a couple of years ago my Z06 was delivered with one of these true fitted transport covers:

Old 08-06-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
Everyone needs to relax, the GTR's are stored in a airplane hanger at port, indoors and out of the sun ... don't ask how I know this because I can't disclose it .. however be rest assured they are just fine.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GL63
While I admit the concern for indoor vs outdoor has been brought up a lot it hasn't been a factor for me as I know ALL AMG vehicles have to be stored indoors as a requirement. This isn't limited to the GTR's. That being said my concerns still remain knowing they are indoors as I don't know who, if anybody, is attending to these vehicles while they are stored indoors.
Originally Posted by 4ramin
Everyone needs to relax, the GTR's are stored in a airplane hanger at port, indoors and out of the sun ... don't ask how I know this because I can't disclose it .. however be rest assured they are just fine.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
While I admit the concern for indoor vs outdoor has been brought up a lot it hasn't been a factor for me as I know ALL AMG vehicles have to be stored indoors as a requirement. This isn't limited to the GTR's. That being said my concerns still remain knowing they are indoors as I don't know who, if anybody, is attending to these vehicles while they are stored indoors.
Out of curiousity, where is it written that all AMG's have to be stored inside?

Also, please consider the sheer number of AMG cars that have been stockpiled since late March awaiting certification in every MB VPC in the US would required more new buildings at each facility since by their very nature the VPC's need to carry on their daily work with the cars that aren't delayed.

I for one am hoping you are correct but at the Brunswick, GA VPC at least there doesn't seem to be any evidence of any new large storge facilities.

I am also hopeful that we'll see an end to this very poorly managed and communicated charade by the end of August.

Regards
Old 08-06-2017, 11:14 AM

The GTR'S are stored in a different area and I assure you they are well cared for.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:07 PM

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
The cleaning lady must have said it.
4ramin (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
The GTR'S are stored in a different area and I assure you they are well cared for.
Since there isn't an airport close to the Brunswick facility I have to assume you are referring to Long Beach.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Hahahaha. Something tells me this is a fact indeed. Crazy that it wouldn't have been disclosed formally. This omission in of itself is negligent on Mercedes behalf for not disclosing IMO.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:57 PM

That's funny , no dude it was not a sexy cleaning lady... It was someone much higher with pictures to back it up.. trust me I was concerned too...
Old 08-06-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Various AMG Models
I feel for all you guys waiting for your GTR. I'm still bitter over the whole Edtion 1 debacle and couldn't pull the trigger on the GTR. I can tell you first hand their poor communication won't help their marketing of the GT series. This is absurd...
Old 08-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Ml63
That's funny , no dude it was not a sexy cleaning lady... It was someone much higher with pictures to back it up.. trust me I was concerned too...
This top secret location is also guarded by the secret service

Does it also hold the 43 models and any other car that has some type of AMG branding?

So let's see a c43 goes inside while a s550 sits outside. Makes sense to me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2018 GTR latest on US Deliveries