Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 GTR latest on US Deliveries

Old 08-19-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
So even if your a P guy, your pushed back again. So what does a letter or a call mean at this point? Nothing I say.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...3-delayed.html
My car was delayed for three weeks and the communication meant a lot to me.

The free track day and dinner was also nice.

What has MB done a big fat nothing
Old 08-20-2017, 07:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C300
Phil
Was not planning on purchasing it.
Roads in Atlanta are really great.
Have not done it on previous MBs.
Never had to replace a tire.
Wheel scuffs are my fault and not been bad enough
ti have buffed out.
Might feel different about the SL
Ken
Old 08-21-2017, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
I guess the nonsense continues.....lol. Amazingly all the facts are known, yet no one knows anything. Hilarious.

M
Old 08-21-2017, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Td33
My point is that means nothing. People being paid nothing to push the cars through the VPC and onto the dealerships where they can deal with issues under warranty.

I have several similar stories to my aforementioned post, but I'm not going to write a book. This issue was blatantly obvious. It took me all of five seconds to find it when I looked at the car.

I'd love to hear your definition of "through inspection."

You all need to find something else to focus on here IMO. You're never going to know what is happening here and you're all driving yourselves bat ****e crazy trying to figure it out and for what?

I don't know what they look for. Point being is that no one is perfect, like I stated before. Not sure what you want to happen here.

M
Old 08-21-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by Germancar1
You all need to find something else to focus on here IMO. You're never going to know what is happening here and you're all driving yourselves bat ****e crazy trying to figure it out and for what?

I don't know what they look for. Point being is that no one is perfect, like I stated before. Not sure what you want to happen here.

M

Your right about one thing--no one is perfect. MB/AMG have proven that and they're getting better everyday at it
Old 08-21-2017, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Germancar1

M
We're just debating this stuff to **** you off.

Now wander on back to the BMW site and see if you can bother them.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Here's the latest from MERCEDES-BENZ posted on the PL.

Hello AMG Private Lounge,

We wanted to provide an update on the certification topic on 2018 AMG GT.

In the litany of emissions tests that are required to certify a vehicle for the U.S. roads, we have gotten through some but not all of these tests at the present time. The auto industry is in a new environment where vehicles are now called in for testing directly, emissions software is tweaked based on that, and this back-and-forth slows the process significantly. This has taken longer than expected to accomplish.

I do want to point out that in no way is this delay related to vehicle safety, it is emissions-related with no customer effect.

However, we did receive net-new news last week that was very positive related to the vehicle’s certification timeline. We are feeling confident that we can get through these tests and release 2018 AMG GT R and GT C Roadsters in Q3. 2018 AMG GT, GT Roadster, and GT S vehicles are already released and on the road.

There will be further communication provided directly to customers from Mercedes-Benz USA on this topic. We apologize for this delay and appreciate your ongoing support for AMG, and we promise we are delivering a vehicle worth the wait.

Nick and Scott:

Many thanks for this official MB/AMG post it is greatly appreciated!!

Now we officially know two of the questions I posed. May we also obtain answers to the following concerns?

1. I would also appreciate an official answer as to whether these cars were stored inside or outside for...in my case, 5 months at the MB Brunswick VPC?

2. I was able to obtain links confirming that the GTR, both GTC's and the E63S passed CARB and the EPA emissions testing (CARB was approved June 7th. and EPA in early August. What these cars haven't passed as of today is the EPA Fuel Standards test. The GT Roadster, GT Coupe and the GTS have passed all three.

So is it correct to assume that once this test has been passed we will see our cars fairly shortly thereafter?

What is the planned MB VPC process and steps that will be taken to ensure the batteries, tires, brakes, including rotors haven't been damaged by the salt air.

What will the process be regarding corroded bolts, lug nuts and other parts and fasteners? Will they be replaced or just cleaned before delivery?

Will the warranties be extended?

What customer concessions are planned?

Again, many thanks for all of your support and assistance in this matter.

Best regards

Jerry
Old 08-23-2017, 08:10 PM

GL63
Great questions at the bottom Jerry. Something tells me there will be no descriptive response to them. Maybe just the old MB USA will have to respond that.

Originally Posted by JSwan724
Here's the latest from MERCEDES-BENZ posted on the PL.

Hello AMG Private Lounge,

We wanted to provide an update on the certification topic on 2018 AMG GT.

In the litany of emissions tests that are required to certify a vehicle for the U.S. roads, we have gotten through some but not all of these tests at the present time. The auto industry is in a new environment where vehicles are now called in for testing directly, emissions software is tweaked based on that, and this back-and-forth slows the process significantly. This has taken longer than expected to accomplish.

I do want to point out that in no way is this delay related to vehicle safety, it is emissions-related with no customer effect.

However, we did receive net-new news last week that was very positive related to the vehicle’s certification timeline. We are feeling confident that we can get through these tests and release 2018 AMG GT R and GT C Roadsters in Q3. 2018 AMG GT, GT Roadster, and GT S vehicles are already released and on the road.

There will be further communication provided directly to customers from Mercedes-Benz USA on this topic. We apologize for this delay and appreciate your ongoing support for AMG, and we promise we are delivering a vehicle worth the wait.

Nick and Scott:

Many thanks for this official MB/AMG post it is greatly appreciated!!

Now we officially know two of the questions I posed. May we also obtain answers to the following concerns?

1. I would also appreciate an official answer as to whether these cars were stored inside or outside for...in my case, 5 months at the MB Brunswick VPC?

2. I was able to obtain links confirming that the GTR, both GTC's and the E63S passed CARB and the EPA emissions testing (CARB was approved June 7th. and EPA in early August. What these cars haven't passed as of today is the EPA Fuel Standards test. The GT Roadster, GT Coupe and the GTS have passed all three.

So is it correct to assume that once this test has been passed we will see our cars fairly shortly thereafter?

What is the planned MB VPC process and steps that will be taken to ensure the batteries, tires, brakes, including rotors haven't been damaged by the salt air.

What will the process be regarding corroded bolts, lug nuts and other parts and fasteners? Will they be replaced or just cleaned before delivery?

Will the warranties be extended?

What customer concessions are planned?

Again, many thanks for all of your support and assistance in this matter.

Best regards

Jerry
Old 08-23-2017, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by tony_f8
Great questions at the bottom Jerry. Something tells me there will be no descriptive response to them. Maybe just the old MB USA will have to respond that.
Please feel free to post more questions if you want to.

Even if they don't answer them we all will have a fairly good "punch list" to hand our Dealer AMG Mechanic when they do the PDI.

I'm betting on 9/29.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Sorry guys I meant to post this a few days ago but life always gets in the way. So I returned from the Monterey car week a few days ago. Mercedes had an AMG display at Pebble Beach (a rather very impressive display I might add). They had 2 GTR's on display and I was able to finally sit in one for the first time. But more importantly, I got a chance to speak to the Product Manager and we discussed the delay where he also confirmed it was emissions related.

I then asked about the physical location and care of the vehicles at the VPC (In Long Beach in my case). He looked at me and said, "Oh that's easy. Do you want to see?" Ummm, yeah. He then pulled out his phone and proceeded to show me videos and photos of rows upon rows of GTR's lined up inside an enclosed facility at the VPC. If I recall, he mentioned it was well over 300,000 sq.ft. in size. So the cars are indoors and appear to be very well cared for (aka I didn't see any dust lol). He said I need not worry at all about the cars being well kept. I have to say there were A LOT more green cars than I expected...a very popular color apparently! He also said by mid to late September we should have delivery.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:18 PM

Received 378 Likes on 159 Posts
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Thanks for that info.

You didn't happen to ask about the ones in Brunswick?
Old 08-25-2017, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by soulsea
Thanks for that info.

You didn't happen to ask about the ones in Brunswick?
Not specifically but the cars are handled and cared for the same regardless of what VPC you're car is at.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Not specifically but the cars are handled and cared for the same regardless of what VPC you're car is at.
Let's all hope he is right. Like you I preregistered mine at a car show on 9/10 and I too doubt that I'll have it by then.

The cars already passed CARB (6/17 and EPA emissions (8/17) according to their sites.

So, I still think it is the EPA FUEL STANDARDS that is the delay. This site as of a few moments ago only shows the GT, GT ROADSTER and GTS. It should also show the GTR, both the GTC Roadster and the GT Coupe and the E63S.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Powe...GT&srchtyp=ymm

I try and check this site every day since when our cars are finally listed there they will be released quickly. That's what happened to the new Porsche cars last week.

Next month ought to be interesting to say the least.

Best Regards
Old 08-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Are any of these cars at the port of Houston? I live in Houston and much of the city is under water right now, because of hurricane Harvey.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:06 AM

GL63
Well I see the e63s sedan and wagon on here now! Not sure what that means though.

Let's all hope he is right. Like you I preregistered mine at a car show on 9/10 and I too doubt that I'll have it by then.

The cars already passed CARB (6/17 and EPA emissions (8/17) according to their sites.

So, I still think it is the EPA FUEL STANDARDS that is the delay. This site as of a few moments ago only shows the GT, GT ROADSTER and GTS. It should also show the GTR, both the GTC Roadster and the GT Coupe and the E63S.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Powe...GT&srchtyp=ymm

I try and check this site every day since when our cars are finally listed there they will be released quickly. That's what happened to the new Porsche cars last week.

Next month ought to be interesting to say the least.

Best Regards
Old 08-29-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 378 Likes on 159 Posts
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Not sure if this has been posted on another thread, but this R seems to have CA plates, although they look a little different to me:

Old 08-29-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL450, R8 V10+, M6
That is a distributor plate. Probably a MB test car handed out to journalists. They probably get an exception on the emissions restrictions that the end-user cars in the VPCs are held to.

Originally Posted by soulsea
Not sure if this has been posted on another thread, but this R seems to have CA plates, although they look a little different to me:
Old 08-29-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL450, R8 V10+, M6
I haven't heard of a MB VPC in Houston, FWIW. The ones that I hear about are in California, Baltimore and Brunswick, GA.

Originally Posted by guynamedsean
Are any of these cars at the port of Houston? I live in Houston and much of the city is under water right now, because of hurricane Harvey.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
2024 X5 M60i, 2018 C63S Coupe (sold)
Originally Posted by tony_f8
Well I see the e63s sedan and wagon on here now! Not sure what that means though.
The C63 and all its variants are there now as well, and they weren't last week (I'm waiting on an '18 C63S Coupe that has been in the US since July).

I'd like to think that means good news for other folks (eg, GT R) as well!
Old 08-30-2017, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
A bird tweeted to me that GTRs will be released next week.

There was new DOT licensing that was supposedly out of factory control.

Swan hold on Man!
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (08-31-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63

Swan hold on Man!
I sure hope you're right!! MANY, MANY THANKS!!

Old 09-03-2017, 05:48 PM

GL63
Is your source somebody high level with MBZ corporate or just a general manager/amg rep/sales manager that all seem to know nothing as they have false promised all of us for the past 60 days.

Swan hold on Man!
Old 09-05-2017, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We're just debating this stuff to **** you off.

Now wander on back to the BMW site and see if you can bother them.

Sorry , wrong again. You couldn't **** me off with this nonsense, it's funny to me. You're the ones butt hurt and stumbling around in the dark over something that wasn't promised to you in the first place. It's hilarious.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 09-05-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:42 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
MY god those GTR's are fawking rad guys........maybe I'll have one someday
Old 09-05-2017, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by hyperion667
MY god those GTR's are fawking rad guys........maybe I'll have one someday
Agreed. Looking forward to drive GTR at COTA in December.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2018 GTR latest on US Deliveries