Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is the new Porsche GT3 comparing to the AMG GT R on the track?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by guynamedsean
You did really great on that deal.
I think Porsche is also very interested in convert customers too.

They actually ask if you are currently driving a competitor car.

Last edited by JSwan724; 08-27-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Maybe in Illinois, this is the case but in South Florida, you will find plenty of dealers willing to sell you at MRSP a GT3 or GT3RS if you are willing to wait for their allocation to be delivered. It takes a bit of finesse but not an issue

While not hundreds, there are many certified GT3s at or below MRSP on the net.

Some people have too much money and want their toys now so they pay over sticker. I know a few that bought a GT3 for $100+K over retail and we all know the end of that story...

Porsche wants you to believe (and they are doing a good job at it) that their GT cars are made of unobtanium. Don't fall into that trap.

Originally Posted by amgfan1
Sean, gonna be tough to break that first PORSCHE GT car purchase, if this will be your first GT3 car. However, I know many people who have enlisted with a variety of PORSCHE dealers in and out of their state. It appears there are numerous Midwest dealers and some Rocky Mountain (Colorado) able to do MSRP, and give an allotment for first time buyers. I just want to be upfront to you that due to its recent years of desirability, acquiring a PORSCHE GT car can be challenging. But if you are patient enough, you will get one, and hopefully at MSRP.

May I suggest you start with GT3 and not get frustrated getting a GT2RS. The current 991.2 GT3 first and second wave allocation through 2018 are pretty much spoken for. There will be a third wave around 3Q18 or 4Q18 allocation and I suggest you better start enlisting your name with dealers of your choosing and willing to take you in.

Most dealers will take a new buyer but there will probably be a side agreement that the dealer with whom you are buying it from will put a note that they have first right of refusal to buy back your GT3 car in the event you want to unload. Most dealers nowadays do this to prevent buyers "Flipping" the car for profit instead of actually using it. Plus it puts confidence on both parties that there will be subsequent purchases in subsequent years. It works both ways.

The GT2RS will be a tough cookie to acquire. Around here in the Midwest dealers are already asking US$300K over MSRP as this will be the fastest 911 PORSCHE made. In fact it will even beat the million dollar 918 Spyder, who in turn also beat the LaFerrari and Maclaren P1 in a video conducted by Top Gear about 15 months ago through Amazon. To get the GT2RS you'll either be in the 918 VIP Program or a regular PORSCHE GT buyer and owner.

I do know if you want to cut through the line, dealers are holding up some allocation for those wiling to pay ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markup) anywhere from US$10K to as high as US$30K for the GT3. Let me know if you are able to secure the 991.2 GT3 and good luck. If you are lucky to get an allocation, you can configure it with PDK or stick shift plus it has Naturally Aspirated 500 BHP engine.

Dive safe,
amgfan1
Old 08-27-2017, 12:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
Sean you got a good tip from emiricr where to look, South Florida. If I were you I'd start making phone calls on the dealerships there.

Like all other cars, new TOYZ 4 DA BIG BOYZ will almost always command ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markup). You'll just have to be patient and persistent in acquiring one that you like, and fits your wallet. Good luck!

Drive safe,
amgfan1

Originally Posted by emericr
Maybe in Illinois, this is the case but in South Florida, you will find plenty of dealers willing to sell you at MRSP a GT3 or GT3RS if you are willing to wait for their allocation to be delivered. It takes a bit of finesse but not an issue

While not hundreds, there are many certified GT3s at or below MRSP on the net.

Some people have too much money and want their toys now so they pay over sticker. I know a few that bought a GT3 for $100+K over retail and we all know the end of that story...

Porsche wants you to believe (and they are doing a good job at it) that their GT cars are made of unobtanium. Don't fall into that trap.