Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > AMG GT
H&R 2055665 10mm spacers won't fit >

H&R 2055665 10mm spacers won't fit

Notices
AMG GT The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine design with a rear transaxle, the use of aluminium lightweight construction and its newly developed AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark of AMG driving performance.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&R 2055665 10mm spacers won't fit

 
Old 08-14-2017, 07:23 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 111
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
AMG GTS,Bentley GT,SL600, Range Rover V8 5.0 Supercharged, Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Turbo
H&R 2055665 10mm spacers won't fit

I have a 2017 AMG GT and tried installing the 10mm H&R spacers in the front part 2055665 and there is a lip/groove inside the spacer that will not allow the spacer to sit all the way flat against the hub. There is about a 5mm or so gap there. Has anyone had this problem? I saw on other threads people have used this part number with no problem and doubt that there is some change in the hub on the 2017 model year but any help would be great.

I successfully installed the +15mm rear spacer 3055665 with no issues whatsoever.
sl600fanatic is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 03:40 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
DragonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 643
Thanked 85 Times in 81 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Not sure it will help you but I had the same problem with a C63 coupe last year. I never quite got to the bottom of how one (or more) users found 10mm hub centric spacers that fitted. I even drew a pic of the problem

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...acers-fit.html
DragonRR is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 12:02 PM
  #3  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,710
Thanked 585 Times in 403 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by DragonRR View Post
Not sure it will help you but I had the same problem with a C63 coupe last year. I never quite got to the bottom of how one (or more) users found 10mm hub centric spacers that fitted. I even drew a pic of the problem

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...acers-fit.html
I fear this is the case for the OP. The problem lies in the snout of the hub (its too long) and shorter spacer will bottom out. Thats why I had to run 18mm square on my C63S (which actually worked out great).

I think some were able to modify their spacers to fit the snout but I dont like messing with geometry and hubcentric needs when it comes to axles and hubs mounting up to wheels that are going 140 mph or more.
Vic55 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Vic55 For This Useful Post:
sl600fanatic (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 12:38 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG 17GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ATLANTA
Posts: 2,803
Thanked 211 Times in 181 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I fear this is the case for the OP. The problem lies in the snout of the hub (its too long) and shorter spacer will bottom out. Thats why I had to run 18mm square on my C63S (which actually worked out great).

I think some were able to modify their spacers to fit the snout but I dont like messing with geometry and hubcentric needs when it comes to axles and hubs mounting up to wheels that are going 140 mph or more.
Disregard. Answered in thread.
AMG 17GT is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 01:04 PM
  #5  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,710
Thanked 585 Times in 403 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT View Post
Disregard. Answered in thread.
Why disregard my comment (as if you are in charge here LOL with your vast experience), I was one of the first to comment with the reasons why in the other thread... based on my factual experience. Yes I didnt do a wonderful drawing but I can restate what I have experienced to help the OP here without having him click on link.

Last edited by Vic55; 08-15-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Vic55 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Vic55 For This Useful Post:
sl600fanatic (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 11:42 AM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 111
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
AMG GTS,Bentley GT,SL600, Range Rover V8 5.0 Supercharged, Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Why disregard my comment (as if you are in charge here LOL with your vast experience), I was one of the first to comment with the reasons why in the other thread... based on my factual experience. Yes I didnt do a wonderful drawing but I can restate what I have experienced to help the OP here without having him click on link.
Thanks VIC55 for your comments & for following up with me with your fitment advice, truly appreciate all the experience & insight you give to me and others on this forum!
sl600fanatic is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sl600fanatic For This Useful Post:
California John (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 PM
  #7  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,710
Thanked 585 Times in 403 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by sl600fanatic View Post
Thanks VIC55 for your comments & for following up with me with your fitment advice, truly appreciate all the experience & insight you give to me and others on this forum!
You got it.... thanks for not "disregarding"
Vic55 is offline  
Old 08-16-2017, 12:20 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG 17GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ATLANTA
Posts: 2,803
Thanked 211 Times in 181 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Why disregard my comment (as if you are in charge here LOL with your vast experience), I was one of the first to comment with the reasons why in the other thread... based on my factual experience. Yes I didnt do a wonderful drawing but I can restate what I have experienced to help the OP here without having him click on link.
I meant disregard my comment which I erased and edited geez.
AMG 17GT is offline  
Old 08-16-2017, 12:24 PM
  #9  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,710
Thanked 585 Times in 403 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT View Post
I meant disregard my comment which I erased and edited geez.
LOL well you can see how it appears since you quoted my post... thanks for clarifying
Vic55 is offline  
Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
emericr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 2,820
Thanked 105 Times in 91 Posts
2017 GT
he's trying to keep his MB fanatic status by boosting his posts per day count
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Why disregard my comment (as if you are in charge here LOL with your vast experience), I was one of the first to comment with the reasons why in the other thread... based on my factual experience. Yes I didnt do a wonderful drawing but I can restate what I have experienced to help the OP here without having him click on link.
emericr is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 09:34 PM
  #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 111
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
AMG GTS,Bentley GT,SL600, Range Rover V8 5.0 Supercharged, Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Turbo
3055665 H&R +15mm spacers work

So I switched the fronts to the +15mm HR spacers model 305665 and they are a perfect fit. This is the max you can go though guys. It goes right up to the fender with a lowered car. DO NOT try this on a regular suspension car as it will look horrible and give the illusion that the wheels are sticking out.

The front end handling has improved drastically: very stable and precise.

Looks wise though here are my thoughts: with the OEM 19/20 wheels, problem with the +15 spacers is that they end us showing too much tire sidewall since they come out so far. I think I will stick to the OEM or have custom spacers built. With the front wheels without spacers, the fenders throws shadow on the top of the tire which doesn't make it seem as high of a profile. If I had 20" in the front, this offset would be perfect for sure.



Here is a shot you be the judge:
sl600fanatic is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 10:32 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 57 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
any machine shop can shave any amount off a spacer, you have to make sure the remaining spacer will have enough amount of centering and not shave too much of the flange as to make the wheel not fit on it again
okbarnett is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 10:59 PM
  #13  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 111
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
AMG GTS,Bentley GT,SL600, Range Rover V8 5.0 Supercharged, Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by okbarnett View Post
any machine shop can shave any amount off a spacer, you have to make sure the remaining spacer will have enough amount of centering and not shave too much of the flange as to make the wheel not fit on it again
Thought about that the problem is that the hub sticks out about 12.6mm and the flange on the spacers does in about 9mm which means that still the thinnest spacer I could fit is 13mm. I would need a spacer custom made that has none of the flange going inside the hub hole like H&Rs does. Then a 10mm would be great.
sl600fanatic is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 04:06 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 57 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
I still think it works, you only shave the face of the spacer, the back / contact to hub has to stay the same , the front face to the wheel is shaved ? 4-5MM ? and that means the flange on the face of the spacer will be now 4/5 mm longer. It may have to be shaved if it wont allow the wheel to seat down on it far enough. I dont know i havent looked inside your wheel to see
PS I would think h&r or somebody already makes a spacer exactly for that car, but I would maching the ones you have, Ive dont it many times, plus cut the lugs down
okbarnett is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 05:17 PM
  #15  
Super Member
 
DragonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 643
Thanked 85 Times in 81 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT View Post
I meant disregard my comment which I erased and edited geez.
LOL.

Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yes I didnt do a wonderful drawing
But I did

Save
Save

Last edited by DragonRR; 08-25-2017 at 05:24 PM.
DragonRR is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRR For This Useful Post:
sl600fanatic (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 08:06 PM
  #16  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,710
Thanked 585 Times in 403 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by DragonRR View Post
LOL.



But I did

Save
Save
So pretty LOL indeed


it does give a good visual though
Vic55 is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 04:00 PM
  #17  
Super Member
 
DragonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 643
Thanked 85 Times in 81 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
So pretty LOL indeed


it does give a good visual though
My modest nature stifles any acceptance of your flattery

On a serious note it also makes it clear that there is a minimum hub-centric spacer thickness which you just can't get around without taking (imo) drastic steps. On my C63 neither 10mm or 12mm would seat properly due to the depth of the hub. The only way to make them fit would be to remove the extended hub section which would effectively make them non-hub centric of course or cut the hub itself back which I wouldn't even think of doing.
Save
DragonRR is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 07:06 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 57 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
in the drawing, this shows the hub and its flange. Hubcentric is when the car is designed for the wheel to be centered on the hubs by the flange sticking out of the hub. The lugs dont center anything they just bolt the wheel to the car. The wheel and the hub size match exactly and they must fit togather exactly for the wheel to be centered. otherwise you could never have any balance of the wheels.
In a case like the drawing (take into consideration if its drawn exactly to scale or not) if the spacer is only 5mm or so, you would use a donut spacer, just round disc with no flange because it wouldnt be possible to make one with a flange if it wasnt thick enough to go beyond that flange. And the hub flange would have enough distance left to still center the wheel.
At some point you will able to build a spacer that fit on the hub and it is possible to make it thick enough to produce a new flange on it to center the wheel, and you can make what thicknesses you want.
Whatever minimum thickness spacers you see for sale that are hubcentric and have flanges is likely the thinnest that can be made for that car
In the drawing, that spacer would not be made to fit that hub, its the wrong spacer, never work
okbarnett is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 08:30 PM
  #19  
Super Member
 
DragonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 643
Thanked 85 Times in 81 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by okbarnett View Post
in the drawing, this shows the hub and its flange. Hubcentric is when the car is designed for the wheel to be centered on the hubs by the flange sticking out of the hub. The lugs dont center anything they just bolt the wheel to the car. The wheel and the hub size match exactly and they must fit togather exactly for the wheel to be centered. otherwise you could never have any balance of the wheels.
In a case like the drawing (take into consideration if its drawn exactly to scale or not) if the spacer is only 5mm or so, you would use a donut spacer, just round disc with no flange because it wouldnt be possible to make one with a flange if it wasnt thick enough to go beyond that flange. And the hub flange would have enough distance left to still center the wheel.
At some point you will able to build a spacer that fit on the hub and it is possible to make it thick enough to produce a new flange on it to center the wheel, and you can make what thicknesses you want.
Whatever minimum thickness spacers you see for sale that are hubcentric and have flanges is likely the thinnest that can be made for that car
In the drawing, that spacer would not be made to fit that hub, its the wrong spacer, never work
The drawing shows an example (not to scale) of the spacer supposedly designed by H&R to fit the hub of a C63 coupe. The spacer was not thick enough to clear the flange on the car and therefore there was a small gap of about 1-2mm (the drawing exaggerates this).

The only way round this was to cut down the existing flanges (or) remove the flanges on the spacer itself turning it into a non-hub-centric spacer (or) fit thicker hub-centric spacers or abandon the job (which is the option I went for). So whilst I agree with your comments I'm not sure what they add over the drawing, my comments and comments from others which I *think* make the situation clear.. unless I'm missing something?

Last edited by DragonRR; 08-26-2017 at 08:32 PM.
DragonRR is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 11:34 PM
  #20  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 111
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
AMG GTS,Bentley GT,SL600, Range Rover V8 5.0 Supercharged, Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Turbo
Okay so here is a better photo of my car with the +15mm front H&R spacers: it is perfectly flush with the fender and does not rub:

sl600fanatic is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 11:51 AM
  #21  
Super Member
 
DragonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 643
Thanked 85 Times in 81 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Very nice SL600
I've never done a suspension mod and the one time I tried spacers it was aborted. I really must have a go at some point!
DragonRR is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:57 PM
  #22  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 111
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
AMG GTS,Bentley GT,SL600, Range Rover V8 5.0 Supercharged, Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by DragonRR View Post
Very nice SL600
I've never done a suspension mod and the one time I tried spacers it was aborted. I really must have a go at some point!
Yes for sure: once you do it you'll wonder how you went so long without it, makes a huge difference.
sl600fanatic is offline  
Old 08-28-2017, 11:31 AM
  #23  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,710
Thanked 585 Times in 403 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by DragonRR View Post
The drawing shows an example (not to scale) of the spacer supposedly designed by H&R to fit the hub of a C63 coupe. The spacer was not thick enough to clear the flange on the car and therefore there was a small gap of about 1-2mm (the drawing exaggerates this).

The only way round this was to cut down the existing flanges (or) remove the flanges on the spacer itself turning it into a non-hub-centric spacer (or) fit thicker hub-centric spacers or abandon the job (which is the option I went for). So whilst I agree with your comments I'm not sure what they add over the drawing, my comments and comments from others which I *think* make the situation clear.. unless I'm missing something?
Brother your pic was spot on the for the issue we are all engaged with whether it be a C63S or a GTS... the shorter ones are not working (that are available) so I, and others, didnt overcook the issue we just got the right ones. I also recommended to the OP in PM's that 15mm will look tremendous with a drop and the picture above is case in point.
Vic55 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vic55 For This Useful Post:
DragonRR (08-28-2017), sl600fanatic (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 06:05 PM
  #24  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 111
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
AMG GTS,Bentley GT,SL600, Range Rover V8 5.0 Supercharged, Aston Martin Rapide S, Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Brother your pic was spot on the for the issue we are all engaged with whether it be a C63S or a GTS... the shorter ones are not working (that are available) so I, and others, didnt overcook the issue we just got the right ones. I also recommended to the OP in PM's that 15mm will look tremendous with a drop and the picture above is case in point.
Yes a very special thanks to VIC55 for being so helpful and even taking the time to make calls for me to confirm the 15mm spacers would fit before I went forward. Thank you!
sl600fanatic is offline  
Old 08-29-2017, 02:26 AM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sanch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,098
Thanked 228 Times in 201 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by sl600fanatic View Post
Okay so here is a better photo of my car with the +15mm front H&R spacers: it is perfectly flush with the fender and does not rub:

That looks great, what are you using in the rear?
Sanch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: