Sponsored by:

GTR: Finally!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GTR Pro, 2019 GT63S, 2016 XC90 Polestar Tune, 1967 911s
Originally Posted by MalibuScott
So when shall we do a GT meetup in Malibu? Those mountain roads are beckoning. We could meet at my place. I'm at the start of a 26 mile trek down Mulholland Highway, with twisties, all the way to PCH. And then we could meet up at Leo Carrillo Beach State Park. (I used to do these meet ups with BMW i8 and, before that, M6 drivers when I had those cars.)
I'm 400 miles from passing the break in, but I'll come out whenever you guys want.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
So when shall we do a GT meetup in Malibu? Those mountain roads are beckoning. We could meet at my place. I'm at the start of a 26 mile trek down Mulholland Highway, with twisties, all the way to PCH. And then we could meet up at Leo Carrillo Beach State Park. (I used to do these meet ups with BMW i8 and, before that, M6 drivers when I had those cars.)
I have 59 miles on the car so I’m nowhere close to break in. Worst case I’ll bring the Porsche as I still need to get the GTR wrapped. All depends on when you are thinking to meet. We should probably post something in the local forum or on this forum and see how much interest we get. I’ll try to put more miles on her but been super busy with other first world problems!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I have 59 miles on the car so I’m nowhere close to break in. Worst case I’ll bring the Porsche as I still need to get the GTR wrapped. All depends on when you are thinking to meet. We should probably post something in the local forum or on this forum and see how much interest we get. I’ll try to put more miles on her but been super busy with other first world problems!
Oh come on Simon, you following break in rules? LOL.... your pedigree would make me think you will do a "hard break in" like I did on all of my AMG's.

Last edited by Vic55; 11-03-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by Vic55
Oh come on Simon, you following break in rules? LOL.... your pedigree would make me think you will do a "hard break in" like I did on all of my AMG's.
I never said I was following manuf break in haha Truth is these cars don’t really need a break in! Harder your drive them early on the more reliable they will be. But do need her wrapped before the canyons.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I never said I was following manuf break in haha Truth is these cars don’t really need a break in! Harder your drive them early on the more reliable they will be. But do need her wrapped before the canyons.
LOL thats why I put a "?" mark there

Warm em up and go up and down the rpm ranges and thru the gears!!!
Old 11-04-2017, 02:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
‘22 G63 ‘23 G63 4x4
I'm having color envy! Beautiful car congrats, looks awesome in that color. I'm still waiting for mine. Count me in for a drive if you guys put something together and don't mind a C63 BlackSeries tagging along, unless my GTR comes in before then.

Also I thought there was a front end lift on these, button located on the overhead console?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:14 PM

Received 663 Likes on 349 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
GT meetup end of November? I've only got a GT so I guess I'll suck hind teat. How about November 26. Far enough away from Thanksgiving and before the busy shopping season of December.

If it's a go I will give everyone via PM my address for the meet up. Or we can meet at Mercedes-Benz of Calabasas if the group would prefer. It's about 4 miles from my place.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GTR Pro, 2019 GT63S, 2016 XC90 Polestar Tune, 1967 911s
GT meetup end of November? I've only got a GT so I guess I'll suck hind teat. How about November 26. Far enough away from Thanksgiving and before the busy shopping season of December.

If it's a go I will give everyone via PM my address for the meet up. Or we can meet at Mercedes-Benz of Calabasas if the group would prefer. It's about 4 miles from my place.
I'll come out.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 663 Likes on 349 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Mr. Vanos -- shall I start a GT meetup thread for November 26th?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GTR
I'm in for meetup
Old 11-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
2018 E63, 2008 SLR DH, 2011 599 SA, 1995 F50, 2007 through 2011 GT3 RS
I am up for a meet and in West LA as well. I actually think I saw this car in Beverly Hills yesterday. Ill bring the E63s that was in the VPC with your GTR for all those months!
Old 11-09-2017, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Founder

Mr. Vanos -- shall I start a GT meetup thread for November 26th?
Sorry was traveling and just flew back in to LA. That Sunday should work for me!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GTS edition 1/ Bmw M5
Congratulations! That's a beautiful machine.......worth the wait indeed.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive at the dealer......it landed at the port of Halifax last week but is being detained for a while because they are sorting the Active Aero recall issue before
they will release to the retailer/dealer. I'm told it will arrive Nov 21st........I'm so anxious to get my hands on it........but now it seems the snow may arrive before the darn car does.

Do you folks suggest I get PPF on the car? (The full car?)

Enjoy your wicked looking car! Sending thumbs up from Canada!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:37 PM

GTR
picked up my GTR on Saturday.
Was getting service on my edition one S63 but was end of lease so started looking at options. Dealer had one green GTR with all the right options everything carbon fiber etc I couldn't look away when I saw it.

Fellas this thing is EPIC! When I took it out back in some back roads all I could utter was the F word. I own a GT3 as well and have to admit this is different. This thing is planted to the ground. Was worried with lag coming from the GT3 and was pleasantly surpised. So much torque and from lille 1500 to 6000 rpms

Congrats to Mercedes benz. This is a game changer in my mind.
The following 2 users liked this post by Handsurg76:
muhri (11-22-2017), thebishman (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Torque rules.... GT3 is at 376? Peak?
Old 11-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Torque rules.... GT3 is at 376? Peak?
Ha, its 324 peak. But I enjoyed every lb/ft.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lotus elise
what a cool car! congrats and enjoy
Old 11-21-2017, 07:52 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i
Originally Posted by Handsurg76
Was getting service on my edition one S63 but was end of lease so started looking at options. Dealer had one green GTR with all the right options everything carbon fiber etc I couldn't look away when I saw it.

Fellas this thing is EPIC! When I took it out back in some back roads all I could utter was the F word. I own a GT3 as well and have to admit this is different. This thing is planted to the ground. Was worried with lag coming from the GT3 and was pleasantly surpised. So much torque and from lille 1500 to 6000 rpms

Came from a 991 GT3 and miss the lightness, 9000 rpm and engine wail. GTS is a better daily driver which suits my purposes.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Originally Posted by Handsurg76

Congratulations, enjoy!
Old 11-22-2017, 11:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG GTR, Subaru Rally Car,Model X P100D
Can you look at the side of your tires and see if you have the TPC SPEC# on them. I'm noticing that my GTR does not actually have the TPC SPEC tires even though it had the no cost option for them "Extreme-Performance Sport Tires"
Old 11-22-2017, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by Brian Clarke
Can you look at the side of your tires and see if you have the TPC SPEC# on them. I'm noticing that my GTR does not actually have the TPC SPEC tires even though it had the no cost option for them "Extreme-Performance Sport Tires"

the R03 option tyre is easily distinguishable from the non-ZP MPSC2 as it has a marked absence of tread on its outer tread area.

Bish
Old 11-22-2017, 02:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG GTR, Subaru Rally Car,Model X P100D
Originally Posted by thebishman
the R03 option tyre is easily distinguishable from the non-ZP MPSC2 as it has a marked absence of tread on its outer tread area.

Bish

Read this article, the lighting lap car has different tires that we're supposed to be on our GTR's

https://blog.caranddriver.com/if-you...orvette-tires/

You can tell we got duped because the fronts on my car are 275s and not the Corvette TPC SPEC tire.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTC
Congrats man ��
she looks awesome
enjoy
Old 12-03-2017, 04:10 PM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
Saw the exact same car pictures on cars.com. Are you already selling...if so why so quick !?!?!??!?!?!??!
Old 12-04-2017, 03:39 AM

MB AMG GTR, R8 V10 Plus. Huracan, Ferrari 458, Porsche 918, McLaren 720S, Camaro ZL1 LT1
My Solarbeam Yellow GT R just finished it's 1500 mile maiden voyage to my garage!!

I recently found this amazing forum and plan on making MANY contributions as my Super Car & Hyper Exotic collection continues to grow. What a great site that one of the customer service techs turned me on to.
I too placed a sizable cash deposit ($150,000.00) with the GM of my local MB Dealer the second it was announced the GTR ordering procedure was about to be released to the public. This info was 'leaked' to me by cell the absolute second the dealership got the news, secretly by the salesman who handled my last two purchases to get myself the golden shot of being able to get my hands on one of the first production releases of the GTR.
I ended up purchasing a 2017 AMG S65 (621 hp!!!!) in designo Alanite Grey Magno (matte) w/ the designo (I love the sound of the word!!) Crystal Grey Black Nappa Leather & AMG Carbon Fiber/Black Piano Lacquer trim for myself and a Cashmere White Matte & designo Classic Red & Black leather with the same AMG Carbon Fiber /black piano trim, CLS 63 S (577 hp) for the spouse to guarantee that I was going to be placed on the 'guaranteed consideration list'. So in other words, I ended up dropping around $425k just to get the GTR!! I was told by my salesman that those who would receive one of the three allotted GTRs had to have purchased 'at least' one new, upper-level model in the past two years...... along with maintaining a 'solid business relationship over the past several years,
In this case, I have been very fortunate to have my entire extended, older generation family members who have driven only Mercedes products for as long as I can remember. So with fingers (and at times even toes crossed), it appeared as though I would have no issue being approved to receive one of three allotments for the GTR.
All that said, I FINALLY got my much-anticipated call advising me my baby GTR was going to be shipped out of Atlanta, GA the following day, two weeks ago on Friday. With this much on the line, I decided to take a week away from home and a good friend and I jumped an early flight the next day after I called ahead and asked the Dealer in ATL that I was on my way..... that I would take delivery myself from their location and to cancel the transit truck. After this wait, the anticipation of actually owning one of these GTRs....plus spending nearly half a million worth of Mercedes luxury AMG cars just to be an AMG GTR owner made me nearly psycho!!!
We threw together a couple of suitcases with basic essentials and off we went to the airport at breakneck speed to catch a 5:45 AM flight to Atlanta. We BARELY got through the TSA security point then RAN through the airport just in time to see them just starting to close the door to the walkway!! I yelled as loud as possible that we were held up at TSA and that we HAD to get on that plane!!
Strangely enough, the week prior the same young man remembered me because my carry on zipper popped off scattering a few pairs of pants, some work out gear and right on top......my bright red underwear right at the entrance of the walkway onto the plane with about 150 people behind me!!! So with that reminder and a hearty laugh, he picked up his handheld and told the pilot the last two passengers were now running onto the plane!! We made it and in a few minutes, we would be airborne to collect my newest addition to my collection of super and hyper exotics!! For some reason, this much-heralded car is the most exciting car I have ever added to my collection. I don't know what it is but this car is going to be special and it is actually going to be driven as much as I can. While we face a few months of light snow and a lot of rain, I am going to be taking my "Solarbeam Yellow Metallic GT R on a lot of trips both short and long. Most of my collection vehicles are rare cars and are driven less than 50 miles a year.....that is not going to be the case here. After jumping through SO many hoops to get this car and spending over half a million on Mercedes products. this road rocket is going to be seeing a LOT of asphalt...both on public roads and at some high po tracks that I know throughout the middle of the eastern seaboard.
So, we have one more satisfied GT R owner who has already put just over 1500 miles on my car in just over two weeks. The GT R is an absolute monster yet it is SO easy to drive even on a daily basis. It is solid even in damp weather and it has absolutely no issue putting the power to the pavement under any circumstances. I will continue to keep my new car buds up to date on this monster in a bright yellow and black bumble bee costume! I feel like I did when my grandfather gave me my first high-performance car for graduating high school. It was a restored 1969 Charger Hemi.....strangely a bright yellow with black interior with yellow trim on the seats.
Under full throttle, the front tires would pull two inches or so off the road just as the new Demon is promising will happen with their newest addition. And yes.....I flew throughout the country and finally found a man who was on the brink of bankruptcy who had to give up his shot at owning one of these newly re-upped Challengers and he ended up selling it to me for a $20,000 mark up from the MSRP. Since he was fourth in line for production, I will be picking up that new car as well in a short minute. Life is good and with the addition of these two outrageous beauties. life has become that much better. But regardless of the wheelie being promised....the GT R is going to be my all time racer. The Mercedes is just an all out race car that has never been seen coming off the line right into our garages.
And you all will hear of all my adventures with it!!
Thanks for listening my new MB nerds!! The next sixmonths or so will be fun for all of us.....Christmas came early this year.. Merry GT R driving!!!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by ELOSAMGGTR:
AMGBEASTMODE (12-04-2017), MalibuScott (12-04-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.