Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTR #s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 08:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 Dodge Viper 2019 GTR 2017 S63 coupe 2014 Rubicon X 2014 GL63
I placed an order for white GTR this Monday at my Long Island NY dealership. Had allocation and was promised March delivery..
Old 11-24-2017, 11:59 PM

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
2018 AMG GTS, 2015 911 GT3, 2017 E300, 2014 X3 35i
Originally Posted by Vic55
Yes they are, you just dont have the facts.... many of the first deliveries were 50k over especially at the big 4 stores in the So Cal Region. And they are moving just not the Green Hell ones (not so much). The markups will slowly dissipate but anyone who did pay that much over and is on the boards will more than likely not volunteer themselves LOL. But in reality who cares, its just "early adopter" money.
+1. Hollywood honchos don't frequent this forum. To them, $25K over MSRP is just a rounding error. Buyers will pay for the privilege of "early adoption" just like with the new 991.2 GT3. It's not uncommon with new, hyped models. Even the NSX was going for over MSRP last year, now they can't give them away with a $30K discount.

Only Ferrari keeps all new models at MSRP but good luck getting the 488 GTO unless you've bought several Ferraris in the past. Buying a California or FF to have the opportunity to custom order a 488 Spider is just another form of ADM.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Sold all three of my GTR's for MSRP...no markups.. Have one more coming I think (Spoken for)...I wont get a definite until mid December...should be one more small allocation... 2019's should start getting allocated for late spring/ early summer deliveries
Old 11-25-2017, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Sold all three of my GTR's for MSRP...no markups.. Have one more coming I think (Spoken for)...I wont get a definite until mid December...should be one more small allocation... 2019's should start getting allocated for late spring/ early summer deliveries

Here’s a question for you;
BACKGROUND
As you already know, US GTR’S ordered with the 993 Blind Spot Detection and Lane Tracking option $875 were Stop Ordered at the factory on 4/25/17. All subsequent GTR orders do not allow ordering this feature.

QUESTIONS

1. Why was/is the GTR prevented from having the option when all other GT models can be ordered with it?
2. Why did GTR’s ordered, manufactured and shipped to the US with the option installed from start of manufacture to 4/24/17 have the option disabled?

Regards

Jerry
Old 11-25-2017, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
Originally Posted by tony cls63
I placed an order for white GTR this Monday at my Long Island NY dealership. Had allocation and was promised March delivery..
i find this highly unusual unless the dealer already had a car ordered and you just slid into the backdoor . They will modify their current build allocation. Or they just lied which would not be unusual. Others have been waiting months for allocations and builds. I put an order in June for a GTS and my car is scheduled for build in second 10 days of December . Probably won’t get the car till February. And you will get yours in March
Old 11-25-2017, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by JSwan724
Here’s a question for you;
BACKGROUND
As you already know, US GTR’S ordered with the 993 Blind Spot Detection and Lane Tracking option $875 were Stop Ordered at the factory on 4/25/17. All subsequent GTR orders do not allow ordering this feature.

QUESTIONS

1. Why was/is the GTR prevented from having the option when all other GT models can be ordered with it?
2. Why did GTR’s ordered, manufactured and shipped to the US with the option installed from start of manufacture to 4/24/17 have the option disabled?

Regards

Jerry
Jerry, my car is a 10/17 production model and has the Lane Tracking Option. It’s being loaded on a truck today and I should receive it Monday so I haven’t driven it yet, but I can’t imagine the option being ‘disabled’ since it was a build option.

Bish
Old 11-25-2017, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
[QUOTE=JSwan724;7320200]Here’s a question for you;
BACKGROUND

QUESTIONS

They are trying to make this a track car and not a daily commuter. You don’t need those options on the track.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:38 PM

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
GT3
Double post.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:39 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by thebishman
Jerry, my car is a 10/17 production model and has the Lane Tracking Option. It’s being loaded on a truck today and I should receive it Monday so I haven’t driven it yet, but I can’t imagine the option being ‘disabled’ since it was a build option.

Bish
Same here. Lane tracking and blind spot monitoring have always been available as far as I know. My order has it. Three of the GTRs I've seen in person on lots have had it as well.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTR, G63, Mclaren 675 LT S, 991 GT3 RS, 991 GT3, many more
Smile

Bish
i also have it and it works. I did not know there was a problem. Maybe only the GHM cars are allowed to have it
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:48 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by fastmd
i also have it and it works. I did not know there was a problem. Maybe only the GHM cars are allowed to have it
The green one I saw yesterday had it. So did the white one. The grey one didn't have it. But it had Distronic Plus, which the salesman told me had active lane tracking, which would prevent you from changing lanes if someone is in your blindspot? I don't know the details of that as I did not order it. And if that is how it works, I wouldn't want it. I wouldn't want something that actively takes control of the car away from the driver. But maybe the guy was mistaken?
Old 11-25-2017, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
LMFAO on asking over MRSP. As others have said, the early adopters have the privilege and the honor to pay that fee.
For the rest of us, I smell discounts in February for the left over GTRs on the lot.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
The green one I saw yesterday had it. So did the white one. The grey one didn't have it. But it had Distronic Plus, which the salesman told me had active lane tracking, which would prevent you from changing lanes if someone is in your blindspot? I don't know the details of that as I did not order it. And if that is how it works, I wouldn't want it. I wouldn't want something that actively takes control of the car away from the driver. But maybe the guy was mistaken?

He’s wrong of course. Distronic Plus is a ‘smart’ cruise control; it exerts no influence on changing lanes. Blind Spot monitoring won’t even physically stop you from changing lanes when a car’s in your blind spot, it simply warns you one is there. Lane Tracking attempts to keep you in your lane if you haven’t indicated to switch lanes.

Bish
JSwan724 (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63

When you have a chance, please see if you have the specific 993 option on your sticker, invoice and GTR $875.

The mirrors have the triangle of course and the lane tracking option is in the windshield with both having supporting software.

FWIW: My GTR was ordered, confirmed, built and shipped with the option. It shows on the initial invoice AND on the windshield new car sticker BUT no triangle in the mirrors and no lane tracking working.

Yes the dealer is checking on it but......

Anybody interested can check to see if thier car or the dealer has one with the feature. Look at the windshield sticker for the 993 option and then look for he triangle in the mirrors.

The DOG on the PL site Still shows Not Available.

You know this but we are not talking Distance Tracking here I have that as well and it is operational.

Many thanks

Last edited by JSwan724; 11-25-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
Originally Posted by Handsurg76
Dealer seemed to suggest there are only seventy something GTRs in the US right now. And most if not all are accounted for. Also heard there are no more allocations available. If you were lucky enough to get an allocation or two that was it.
Wondering if anyone else can back this up?

thanks.
​​​​​​
The reason why there's no slots available is because of this numbers: 100+ in production is enough GTR's to sell for entire 2019.

70 GTR at the dealer
15 at the Port
22 on the water
31 produced not shiped
100+ in production
zero schedule not produced.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:12 PM

GT3
He’s wrong of course. Distronic Plus is a ‘smart’ cruise control; it exerts no influence on changing lanes. Blind Spot monitoring won’t even physically stop you from changing lanes when a car’s in your blind spot, it simply warns you one is there. Lane Tracking attempts to keep you in your lane if you haven’t indicated to switch lanes.

Bish
Ok, so Lane Tracking actually actively prevents you from changing lanes? That is what the dealer was saying. Only he said Distronic does that and Lane Tracking was just passive blind spot alert. How does the car do this? You turn the wheel to change lanes and what happens exactly?
Old 11-25-2017, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by JSwan724
When you have a chance, please see if you have the specific 993 option on your sticker, invoice and GTR $875.

The mirrors have the triangle of course and the lane tracking option is in the windshield with both having supporting software.

FWIW: My GTR was ordered, confirmed, built and shipped with the option. It shows on the initial invoice AND on the windshield new car sticker BUT no triangle in the mirrors and no lane tracking working.

Yes the dealer is checking on it but......

Anybody interested can check to see if thier car or the dealer has one with the feature. Look at the windshield sticker for the 993 option and then look for he triangle in the mirrors.

The DOG on the PL site Still shows Not Available.

You know this but we are not talking Distance Tracking here I have that as well and it is operational.

Many thanks
I just checked my sticker for you, it's there. Do you need me to email it or post the picture I can do that if it helps. I do have the triangles also. Was this omitted from your car by mistake?
Old 11-25-2017, 07:17 PM

Ok, so Lane Tracking actually actively prevents you from changing lanes? That is what the dealer was saying. Only he said Distronic does that and Lane Tracking was just passive blind spot alert. How does the car do this? You turn the wheel to change lanes and what happens exactly?
It doesn't prevent you. Gives a vibration in the steering wheel depending on how you have it set.
thebishman (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 07:21 PM

Active lane keeping and blind spot assist just with Driver assist package. See the link above.

If you don't have Driver Asisst Pack lane and blind spot are passive ( Blind spot gives you warning and lane keeping vibrates the steering wheel. ( lane keeping not anymore available FY 17 . )
Old 11-25-2017, 07:39 PM

GT3
It doesn't prevent you. Gives a vibration in the steering wheel depending on how you have it set.
Ok so the sales dude was just flat out wrong then. He told me the car actively stops you from changing lanes. Like the car takes over and takes control away from you as the driver. Seemed strange...

Originally Posted by Wassaby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQkdvi55woA

Active lane keeping and blind spot assist just with Driver assist package. See the link above.

If you don't have Driver Asisst Pack lane and blind spot are passive ( Blind spot gives you warning and lane keeping vibrates the steering wheel. ( lane keeping not anymore available FY 17 . )
That video says the car automatically brakes as well, "moving the car out of the danger zone." And if the driver does not use the turn signal, "the car activates one-sided braking, stopping the car from changing lanes." But I don't see this specific wording for the title of this feature in the GTR specs for Lane Tracking or Distronic Plus. So I'm a bit confused. Actively doing something like braking automatically = bad (to me). A sound or warning light if someone is in your blind spot = good.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:09 PM

Factory Updates:

4/25/2017 993 Lane Tracking Package restricted on GT R until further notice

6/19/2017 993 Lane Tracking Package no longer constrained, Updated all pricing to final amounts

239 DISTRONIC PLUS All Models $ 2,250 is a Stand Alone option not a Package for GT models ( You can turn off the active lane or blind spot)

993 Lane Tracking Package  234 - Blind Spot Assist  476 - Lane Keeping Assis ( Is passive not Active)
JSwan724 (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
I just checked my sticker for you, it's there. Do you need me to email it or post the picture I can do that if it helps. I do have the triangles also. Was this omitted from your car by mistake?

As you can surmise from my earlier posts over the last 8 monhs, his car has been......a breach birth! The car is beautiful as you well know. But the process for me has been frustrating and has taken alot of the joy out of the event. I attribute all of the frustration and lack of communication to US MB CORPORATE.

I discovered this issue on my own and brought it to the dealers attention. They are currently checking into it.

As I mentioned in earlier posts I have a order invoice for the car with the 993 option on it. I also have a window sticker that was on the car with the option on it.

Please remember that this car and many others were caught in a unique situation.

All early production startup GTR’s with this option were manufacturd and shipped to the various US VPC’s with it installed. In my case, about the time my car was about to reach the Brunswick, GA VPC, MB issued a stop sale on 4/25/17 for all GTR’s regarding the 993 option. This Stop Sale for the 993 option was/is still on the Dealer Ordering Guide aka DOG on the Private Lounge.

So, what seems to be in play is all US cars manufactured from startup mid March 2017 though 4/24/17 that have/had the 993 option installed had it disabled or removed at the US VPC I assume prior to delivery to the selling dealer, the invoice was edited and the windshield sticker was I assume supposed to be reprinted at the VPC without the option included. What is maddening is that once again MB forgot to let the dealer and the customer know what they had done along with the reason why.I have no idea when the factory started allowing the option to be ordered and added to the GTR again which is the primary reason for my post.

I think what I would like to know for my follow on discussions with US MB Corporate Management is.

GTR manufacturing—Startup through 4/24/17
1. How many US cars are involved?
2. Are the hardware and software components still installed but disabled on these cars (except for the sideview mirrors with the triangles)?
3. Can the features be reactivated now that it appears newer GTRs as of 6/19/17 can order the option.

I am in a rather unique position since I have the window sticker showing the option on the car and it’s paid for.

TEACHABLE MOMENT—-At delivery or before any money changes hands, overcome the wild euphoria and carefully go through what you ordered verses what you actually received. I went through this process using the invoice and the window sticker as I always have and thought I was good to go. Surprise!!

FWIW: MY VIN LAST 5 DIGITS IS IN THE 134xx range.

If you see anything else I should ask please feel free.

Thanks for offering to email your sticker but with the restart date that Wasaby kindly provided we now know another critical piece of the puzzle. Now I just want to know if mine can be activated AFTER they reinstall the sideview mirrors they took off AND since the restart date was 6/19/17 and my car with everything for the 993 option on it was in the VPC from 4/30 until 10/13/17 WHY DID THEY MESS WITH IT AT ALL?

Best Regards

Jerry

Last edited by JSwan724; 11-25-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:56 PM

GT3
Well at the very least, you should be able to get a refund for that option if they can't/won't install or activate it.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:57 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 GT3, AMG GTR 2018, C63s 2017, Audi R8 2018, AMG GTS 2016, Maserati GTS 15, M6 GC 2015
Production delay

FYI ... as of today, the GM of my local dealership told me that my second half of December build date was moved to 2/15/18.

I guess this helps confirm some earlier posts about pushed out build dates ...

I should get car in April...
Old 11-26-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S

Bish
I have this option on my Car, and it works just fine .....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR #s